inTank Media Baskets

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

Gert is so cute! I love how she just peeks out. That's a really nice toadstool and looks great in there! Also, I can't get over that giant blob of macro algae. Its awesome! :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I need to spread around the blob. I really like the natural way Gertie's tank looked when the nems were in there so I just want that on a grander scale with the 40g. I'll move some over when the 40 is ready after a while.

Felicia, that was the toadstool from Gena a while back. It's not as colorful in there w/ the cheapo marineland light and then half of the tank w/ the bulb. I'll have to figure out a different location for the grandis paly because they look brown in there instead of the nice hunter green & reddish tones .

I was taking a great video of Gertie and this company that provides the wireless connection here is not very good at the 20speed. It's making my video stop here & there & play catch up. I didn't have this issue at the other. I think Gert loves the arrangement of rocks.

Darn Photobucket!

Not sure it is the light on the grandis palys. I have them also and for some reason there color is faded compared to what they were when I got them. They are under a Kessil 360 so would think all is good but who knows.

I had them in the 34g under the Kessil before I moved and they looked fantastic and had a great growth rate as of late. If I need to I can always remove the caulerpa in the 10g on the left side and switch places & put caulerpa in Gert's tank and put that rock under the full spectrum Par 38, that may work better.

I'm going to stay with the crushed coral I have in Gertie's tank as substrate. I'm going to put that in my rock flower tank.

20160130_163444_zpsw3qbqz6u.jpg

Gena's toadstool is doing really well. I just like the color better under the Kessil than in this tank.

20160128_223608_zpslurvphtr.jpg

Overnight it relaxed and turned upright.

20160130_164635_zps6hrwzrpc.jpg

20160130_164616_zpsgy8udb5i.jpg

The duncans are doing better. Opened up a little more. I'm doing a water change tomorrow.

20160128_215308_zpswt6je4da.jpg

Right. I want to put these things back in the 40 under a better light while I wait to fill up with rock flowers. Ninja just got a bunch of Frank's RFAs and I'm pretty sure he's feeling the awe of his purchase. Still thinking of a name for the rock flower tank. Once I have it I'll make the thread and close this one down.

I had this posted in the rock flower thread on accident.

FM: Mantis Question

Since her little, convulsions episode, which took over a week to finish - moult? she has been more active, punchy, eating, inquisitive, but she swims like she has been into the brandy. Backward, sideways and very out of sorts. If I were a cop I would stop her and ask: have you been doing illegal drugs? or please step out and walk the line - she'd fail epically. What could be the causes? that terrible (if it was) moult?

Could be she damaged something and she's still recovering after the molt. Does she crawl around like normal? Or is that erratic too? Once their skeleton has hardened after the molt they usually are back to being very active. It's possible too that the next molt may fix whatever the issue is. Mine lost her lens on the right eye. After the next molt it was healed. That scared me.

I know I've seen mine get in that posture being on the defensive. Let me find a video. It's my probably my number one video of her as she moves macro to the side so she can see me better, but it's like she's sitting back in a recliner.

Its almost like she has trouble being in proper mantis position, any movement and she falls to the side. wonder if her legs had issue when the moult? I mean she eats okay.

Someone does need a manicure :lol:

Yeah, he just got back Sat and they trimmed them at the groomers. It was much worse before!! I'm gonna have to start taking him in sooner and more often so the quick goes back more.

Cute pup!

Thanks, he's a 7 yr old cocker spaniel.

LeCharlesMuhDickens

Yeah, he just got back Sat and they trimmed them at the groomers. It was much worse before!! I'm gonna have to start taking him in sooner and more often so the quick goes back more.

Thanks, he's a 7 yr old cocker spaniel.

Awesome dogs, I've been debating getting one to keep my Jack Russell company.

Yeah, he's doing well since moving 2 wks ago, but very clingy when I come home. He'll nudge my arms up & snuggle while I'm on the lap top. In the morning he knows not to go downstairs until I'm done w/ my morning routine, then we go down together though I'm as blind as a bat so while he can run down I'm slowly edging myself to the wall to turn the stair light on. He's not used to seeing people out the back patio, you see the next street of condos and people park their cars, walk their dogs, walk w/ their kids. So, he'll get bent out of shape about it. The 2 town homes to my right and left have dogs and some cats so plenty of friends for him. Of course he doesn't do well with other dogs. He's so focused on playing and what he's doing that one play date with my friend's bassett, he just played w/ that dogs toys and that's it. But I'm pretty sure most cockers like people more than they pay attention to other dogs that's why they're such good therapy dogs.

Archived