ReefCleaners.org

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Landscape slightly rearranged, looks more dramatic. I have to get the grandis rock out, problem is I don't know where to put it yet but it HAS to go in that tank. Some of those palys are 1.5" wide!!! What's so beautiful is each paly has difference designs.

20160421_215256_zpsiwgbozxp.jpg

20160421_215241_zpspydzwqba.jpg

20160421_220303_zpswumhlczt.jpg

I just LOVE this tank so much!!!! Needs more attention :flower:.

StinkyBunny

Ok Dirty Hare, you can't tell me it's wall-to-wall and tell me I ought to see....without showing!!!!!! That's teasing. Pics or video!!!

6PFuOOX.jpg

e4fXGhp.jpg

Look at all the pretties! I love the subtle yellow, orange, pink, blue. I'll be curious to see how mine turns out with pastels and then bright colors on the bottom.

StinkyBunny

I told ya there were leathers of all shapes, colours and sizes in there. I'll clean up the wife's tank and do some photos this weekend.

I told ya there were leathers of all shapes, colours and sizes in there. I'll clean up the wife's tank and do some photos this weekend.

I love seeing the pics. My little toadstool is shrinking, not sure why, it was off on it's own on the left side. I moved it to the right thinking not enough flow, It was closing up same as the other big one but it is definitely shrinking and not looking like it's going to molt.

It's already been doing that a week and has been shrinking.. Maybe I need to put it back in Gert's tank since it had polyps there.

• 3 weeks later...
FlowerMama

Nothing going on here, a little minor cyano that's all and the caulerpa is flourishing. I need to start feeding the duncan though.

And, totally unrelated, but this salad I made for our HOA bbq was a hit. Add some grilled chicken on the side or cube it and add it too. I could eat so much of this. I need to keep eating more lovely things like this. I need to lose some weight.

http://natashaskitchen.com/2015/06/01/cucumber-tomato-avocado-salad/

Nothing going on here, a little minor cyano that's all and the caulerpa is flourishing. I need to start feeding the duncan though.

And, totally unrelated, but this salad I made for our HOA bbq was a hit. Add some grilled chicken on the side or cube it and add it too. I could eat so much of this. I need to keep eating more lovely things like this. I need to lose some weight.

http://natashaskitchen.com/2015/06/01/cucumber-tomato-avocado-salad/

Bookmarked it :). My friend has an avocado tree...I'll have to raid her tree this summer!

FlowerMama

Bookmarked it :). My friend has an avocado tree...I'll have to raid her tree this summer!

Just make sure you eat it all in one day as while there is lemon, it doesn't totally prevent the leftover avocado from browning. I added the avocado at the very last minute before I mixed it and presented but eating leftover the next day it didn't taste the same as the avocado browned some and the zesty lemon kinda disappeared into the salad overnight. It's so yummy.

Just make sure you eat it all in one day as while there is lemon, it doesn't totally prevent the leftover avocado from browning. I added the avocado at the very last minute before I mixed it and presented but eating leftover the next day it didn't taste the same as the avocado browned some and the zesty lemon kinda disappeared into the salad overnight. It's so yummy.

I imagine it would be disgustingly mushy the next day too. Definitely is a one meal dish :).

• 4 weeks later...

Geez. 3 weeks ago was my last post here.

The one mushroom in Gertie's tank.

20160609_204331_zpsejoalzk9.jpg

And here's a great close up. The closest yet. She's never seen my silver metallic nail polish. She was a little spooked. God knows how they view it.

New creature in with Gertie and the 6line. I've never had a 6line even show interest in rock flowers so I'm assuming it'll leave it alone. Meet Derby.

He didn't sit still for a moment. He latched on quick.

20160620_191008_zpsyqdm16an.jpg

And 10 mins later

20160620_194822_zpsbakivieu.jpg

And 10 mins later- behind the rock- I'm sure he's soon discover there's no light there.

20160620_203500_zpsl9dv2iv6.jpg

Very cool addition :). Looks like it can't get into too much trouble in this tank. I loved my BTAs but the wandering wasn't working with my setup.

Very cool addition :). Looks like it can't get into too much trouble in this tank. I loved my BTAs but the wandering wasn't working with my setup.

Yeah, and it stayed overnight and into today under the rock, just peaking out. I don't see many condys at all on the site but I figure it's probably be ok in there. I wonder where the 6 line slept? And Gertie's molting, she jammed the door shut. I heard they like high light. I have the Par 38 facing it. I'm still amazed it went behind the rock. It'll make it more difficult to feed it. I hope it comes up, that way I can verify if it looks ok, if it takes food, etc.

So all night and during the day Derby was peaking out from the bottom. This evening he started moving back up the rock I guess since I don't see him anymore. We'll see where he is tomorrow. If he'd come out I'd like to feed it. But 6line obviously found a new home somewhere overnight.

20160621_221028_zpskkdnfxtt.jpg

vegasgundog

Your six line will find a deep dark hole and wrap itself in a mucous bubble. I always wondered where the clear jelly blobs came from. One night with a flashlight I found my sixline sleeping in its cocoon.

Your six line will find a deep dark hole and wrap itself in a mucous bubble. I always wondered where the clear jelly blobs came from. One night with a flashlight I found my sixline sleeping in its cocoon.

Right, I was just so shocked how he was flying by the condy like it was no problem at all. He's doing fine, so is the condy. Came home and Derby was out so I fed him a tiny piece of scallop.

20160622_174309_zps3zkhryl1.jpg

Archived