SaltCritters.com

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

For some reason when she kinda flipped over when your finger was next to the tank, all I could think of when I saw that was a dog that wanted its belly rubbed :P probably not a good idea with a mantis tho

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen her on her back in a defensive posture, if I could pet her belly then that would def be a winning video..

I didn't know she had such a pretty blue coloring on her belly! Perfect contrast to her green :).

That's why I'm thinking one day to get a blue & green Gertie sitting atop a red and orange rock flower anemone tattoo. Even though that would technically be false as she's never walked on top of one, she's only beat them up.

That's why I'm thinking one day to get a blue & green Gertie sitting atop a red and orange rock flower anemone tattoo. Even though that would technically be false as she's never walked on top of one, she's only beat them up.

But they are two of your loves so why not combine them :).

Yep, you're right there. I have it on the calendar whenever I fed the rock flowers last which is anywhere 5-7 days apart so I feed Gertie then too and the fish for something meaty. I got a 16 oz package of Hikari jumbo mysis free when my friends got me a new Pygmy Angel and Royal Gramma to replace when they died 8 wks ago so they'll have those again too.

She is very pretty! :wub:

Thanks Tamberav. She's really developed a beautiful shade of blue on her under belly. Two-tone gorgeous to me.

Here she is again! She was happy to see the Jumbo Mysis Shrimp from Hikari again.

I forgot to say though that the condy decided to up & melt, it barely came out to feed, it was hanging out on the underside of the rock on the left. I found a small piece of pink melted condy foot, orig I thought it was part of a snail. I'm happy the 20g didn't crash. And damn, I just remembered I was to pick up some carbon at Petco on the way home.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I only found a small piece the size of my thumb finger nail. The rest I guess had melted so I did water changes.

• 2 weeks later...

I cut away some of the caulerpa because the red macro started turning white about an inch in so I think there's not enough waste. Thinking of getting a damsel to be in there with the 6 line. I'm gonna have to clean up the large blob of red macro.

20160828_224057_zpske4c4ezp.jpg

Wow, Gertie is gorgeous! That blue belly of hers is really stunning. :happy:

And damn, that nem is huge. :o

Thanks. I have to feed it some, the stem is looking slender.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I took 2 of the 3 tiny Hydor Koralia's & one of the HOB filters & soaked them running in vinegar water last night. This am put them in the tank and took the other Hydor Koralia & the other HOB filter and have them soaking since morning. Next step after those get back in is to give Gertie's tank a great sand cleaning & wall cleaning. She's still doing well. Can't believe in a little over 2 mos she'll have lived 3 yrs with me. The 6 line is doing well. I need to clean up the macro. I want to put a maxi mini in there on the left side but gotta clean up the walls etc. Much more algae due to the pumps barely moving water.

20160924_192024_zpsv6u2zmen.jpg

Glad to see Gertie is still doing so well! Pretty nail polish by the way! Sorry about the condy anemone, but the tank looks great overall!

Yeah, it was strange about the condy. But after 3 yrs this Nov, I'm going to be big crying baby if/when my Gertie ever has a bad molt. I will have to take a day off from work. So I know how you feel about your dwarf. It took me a good number of days once I lost all the rock anemones. I was sick to my stomach knowing i bumped the light in.

Yeah, it was strange about the condy. But after 3 yrs this Nov, I'm going to be big crying baby if/when my Gertie ever has a bad molt. I will have to take a day off from work. So I know how you feel about your dwarf. It took me a good number of days once I lost all the rock anemones. I was sick to my stomach knowing i bumped the light in.

Yeah, this hobby can be really hard sometimes. At least its fun and rewarding most of the time, though.

Gena's toadstool is huge in here!!! Now 6" across left to right. It just loves that tank. Thank You again Gena! You let me know if you need a piece back!

20161004_223555_zpsnpdpedif.jpg

20161004_223547_zps0hxiiqh5.jpg

Such a different tank from your flower garden. Very interesting and beautiful.

I cleaned up some macro, there was too much in there, then I just cleaned the pumps. I need to clean the sand. I'd also like to get 1 more fish in there for the 6 line mostly.

How have I not seen this tank? That toadstool is crazy awesome, top down shot?

I couldn't get a real good one but I tried.

20161005_203142_zpsokerdswe.jpg

Archived