ReefCleaners.org

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahahha that music!!!

Thanks. I've used it before but I can't help, I love it for Gertie.

That was a fun video :).

Yeah, I just didn't like that I lost the piece of mysis and had to go get it.

Snow_Phoenix

Love how she eats from your fingers! :wub:

I've moved on to feeding my mantis using a little skewer stick, but am still not brave enough to feed her by hand. Her punches are very, very strong from the amount of rock she's been pounding away these last two weeks. One thwack of that and I think I might shriek. :wacko:

Yeah, I've had mine since she was .5" long so she's grown with me but she is still hesitant and I love that about her. Almost 2 yrs on Halloween and she's still only 1.75" or so. Just do it slowly, give her time if you want to train her.

Snow_Phoenix

Yeah, I've had mine since she was .5" long so she's grown with me but she is still hesitant and I love that about her. Almost 2 yrs on Halloween and she's still only 1.75" or so. Just do it slowly, give her time if you want to train her.

Yes, after all - trust is gained over time and not instantly. I definitely enjoy mantises now. They're such beautiful creatures to watch. Never a dull moment in the tank when you have a mantis shrimp in there with you. Come to think of it, I should have just waited a little while longer and gotten a 10G for mine. She seems to love moving about the scape and is constantly at work. I can only imagine what she'd do if she has bigger room to walk around in. :happy:

Surprisingly mine stays on the right side of the 20g primarily. But now you know why I love my Gertie so much. If I had to for some reason get rid of everything, the flowers, clowns and Gertie would stay. And all the invertebrates like sea stars, conchs, etc.

Usually the urchin is on the left side of the tank. She thwacked it several times before this but this looks like the last half hearted thwack that says, EH, to hell with it, I'm going back inside my house.

Gertie is awesome. Makes me want a mantis shrimp. Someday maybe. : )

Yes, you must. Very low maintenance and very entertaining. Once you have one you'll never want to be without one. She came in free w/ my live rock from KPAquatics that I bought 2 yrs ago Halloween. She'll be 2 yrs old very soon.

I just hate that my camera was stolen and all I have are cell phone pics to take. I can't capture her green. She's more highlighter green.

Yes, you must. Very low maintenance and very entertaining. Once you have one you'll never want to be without one. She came in free w/ my live rock from KPAquatics that I bought 2 yrs ago Halloween. She'll be 2 yrs old very soon.

I just hate that my camera was stolen and all I have are cell phone pics to take. I can't capture her green. She's more highlighter green.

When the time comes, I will look into getting one. :) I just love their personalities.

Love all the videos of Gertie! So much personality in that little critter. How is her eye? It was hard to tell from the video. Is it still missing? She seems to see ok and get around ok though in the videos!

Love all the videos of Gertie! So much personality in that little critter. How is her eye? It was hard to tell from the video. Is it still missing? She seems to see ok and get around ok though in the videos!

Yes, it's been growing back so I think she'll make a full recovery. Really freaked me out. Already looks 1/3 better than it did.

FTS!

20150816_212712_zps22wpt6sh.jpg

20150816_212735_zpsvp5chafe.jpg

20150816_212726_zpsgugmihgt.jpg

20150816_212722_zpsubdyqcl7.jpg

Gorgeous! How are you planning on getting them off the rock once you get the other tank running again? Or just transfer the RFAS rocks?

Archived