Coral Vue Hydros

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cute urchin!

i like the geometric design on these at the center. I had like 7 that came in on my live rock from KPA but they were like quarter size at the time.

Love theis setup!

Thank You. It's as big as she'll ever need.

And today she's sitting in the red macro up front mostly motionless w/ exception of feet a little so she's definitely trying to shed her skin & needed a place to do it where she had some wiggle room. Girl needs some room!!!! Always curious to see if she'll be a darker or lighter green.

how often does she molt, annette?

also so cool on diff shades of green! :D

Not sure, most molts I have not found. Only have found 1 in the yr I have had her but I'm sure it's like every 6-8 wks or something.

I love Gertie, and I love the color green. She is so cute!

She used to be darker green, now she's lighter. Maybe the macro too has something to do w/ her color changing. Or the brightness of the lights. I know the little cheapo marineland led bar has lost its intensity but as long as the macro is growing I don't care.

• 2 weeks later...

Gertie was rather hesitant about eating today. She didn't molt the other day so I don't know why she was sitting there so still.

Hahaha, what a little cutie!

Thanks, Just remembered I fed her yesterday so that's why she was reluctant. I totally forgot. She wasn't hungry.

This is Ocean's favorite spot. And off to the right front then is Gertie's favorite home. She's made herself probably 5 homes throughout this 20 gallon. Some just dug out sand beneath a rock.

20150307_204357_zpsok2xqmls.jpg

And then this is the hairy mushroom I took out from the 34 after it split. I love the way the coralline grew over the Onyx skull. It will always remind me of Geneva.

20150307_204251_zpsa2a0ydta.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Love the music in that last video... Makes her seem so sneaky!

Close up shots look great. Do you have any recent full tank pictures? How big will Gertie get?

Love the music in that last video... Makes her seem so sneaky!

Close up shots look great. Do you have any recent full tank pictures? How big will Gertie get?

She'll get to almost 3"- . she's skinny. http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/arthropoda/crustacea/malacostraca/eumalacostraca/royslist/species.php?name=n_oerstedii

Not the best pic right now w/ cell phone but next time I'll get one w/ my camera. She has several rock structures and about 4 hiding places she's made. Only one is inside the rock, she's been in it since Day one. The others are just sand moved away under a rock.

20150324_222650_zpsqigozw0t.jpg

20150324_222810_zpsfaqxwesv.jpg

Archived