ReefCleaners.org

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Cabinet is done. Plumbing is done. Waiting for the sump to cure and then I can get some substrate in and fill it up. A few snaps of where I'm at now. Did some rock work today. Excuse the wiring, it's not 100% done. :happy:

tank_003.jpg

tank_004.jpg

Wooow! great attention to detail! Looks amazing. And for some reason I really want you to put one of these in there..

• Like 1

Wooow! great attention to detail! Looks amazing. And for some reason I really want you to put one of these in there..

Thanks. That's a pretty cool looking dude. Let me add him to the maybe list. B)

• Like 1

Sweet tank you've got there! That's one hell of a blank canvas to start with :). Mr. Mustache gets my vote for best 'stache on nr.com, but you're a close second with best beard & 'stache combo. Being from South Africa gets you bonus points as well.

• Like 1

Sweet tank you've got there! That's one hell of a blank canvas to start with :). Mr. Mustache gets my vote for best 'stache on nr.com, but you're a close second with best beard & 'stache combo. Being from South Africa gets you bonus points as well.

Hahaha. I do enjoy growing beards, my girlfriend doesn't enjoy them quite as much. ;)

Bonus points for being from South Africa? That's a first, I'll take it. :D

And thanks for the kind words.

Hahaha. I do enjoy growing beards, my girlfriend doesn't enjoy them quite as much. ;)

Bonus points for being from South Africa? That's a first, I'll take it. :D

And thanks for the kind words.

I'm a surfer. I would love to take a visit to South Africa

• Like 1

Waves we have, it makes for an epic road trip of you can go from Cape Town all the way up to Durban and further. :)

This is going to be an awesome reef! Not only is your tank design stunning, the surroundings will highlight your reef even more. The white brick really rocks.

I've tried to replicate a similar setup at my place. I keep the back wall of my reef just a clean as the front and sides, it's a pain but the payoff is extra depth and a clean look:

post-59679-0-18429900-1384515544_thumb.jpg

post-59679-0-69455500-1384515561_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

This is going to be an awesome reef! Not only is your tank design stunning, the surroundings will highlight your reef even more. The white brick really rocks.

I've tried to replicate a similar setup at my place. I keep the back wall of my reef just a clean as the front and sides, it's a pain but the payoff is extra depth and a clean look:

Thanks, I'll post a full room picture as soon as the bomb of creating this "clean" tank and cabinet is totally cleaned up :haha:

Your setup is amazing, those corals are lush. And quite different to the route everyone seems to go.

I see you have a Midas Blenny as well. I think that will be my first fish.

• Like 2

flip that mp dry side around and pull that what looks like a kessil up some

The mp10 will be neatened once I know exactly where it will go, same goes for the Kessil, once I have water in I will make final adjustments.

lnglostsurfer

+1!!

Would love to do my own little "endless summer" around the world one day. South Africa is definitely on my list. Among several other places.

Tank is looking fantastic!! The dimensions look great and I love that you kept everything clear. My tastes are slowly going away from the painted back wall if you can hide all the equipment.

• Like 1

+1!!

Would love to do my own little "endless summer" around the world one day. South Africa is definitely on my list. Among several other places.

Tank is looking fantastic!! The dimensions look great and I love that you kept everything clear. My tastes are slowly going away from the painted back wall if you can hide all the equipment.

Well, if anyone ever makes it down to Cape Town, I have beer. ;)

Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting it filled - my sand and salt arrives on Monday and then the real fun can begin. As for the equipment, I think once the last cables are neatened, fish are added and the corals begin to grow, the rest will start to become less and less visible.

Wow, such a clean looking build. Love the white walls and white stand - this tank is really going to stand out. If that's your final scape...I love it !!!!!!

Thanks. :) I'm happy with the scape, so it's done - maybe a minor tweak or 2. :happy:

Thanks for the vote for best stache! I think 4x5 has got my vote for most exciting new build! This think looks awesome man! looking forward to seeing this thing progress. Keep it ZEF!

looks great, love the white stand with the bricks. What does your studio look like, any pictures on flickr?

Sorry, totally missed you there. I'll post a picture of the full room at some point. :)

Looks fabulous!!!

I love to see full room shots. Looking forward to that. :)

Coming up when the tank is full. :happy:

Thanks for the vote for best stache! I think 4x5 has got my vote for most exciting new build! This think looks awesome man! looking forward to seeing this thing progress. Keep it ZEF!

Thanks Mr Tache. Hopefully I can deliver something good. :happy:

die_antwoord.jpg

I do try keep it zef. Haha. :owned:

And yes, my cap is skew, it happens after too many beers. :lol:

• Like 8

Never knew you can do a herbie overflow without an overflow box? So there will be no surface skimming?

Love your scape. You have given me inspiration (read: something to copy)! lol

This can't be your first tank, what others have you set up?

Btw, I've never seen anyone make a stand look so sexy in a photo!

• Like 1

Never knew you can do a herbie overflow without an overflow box? So there will be no surface skimming?

Love your scape. You have given me inspiration (read: something to copy)! lol

This can't be your first tank, what others have you set up?

Btw, I've never seen anyone make a stand look so sexy in a photo!

I actually saw the overflow like this on a tank here and didn't want to lose too much space with an overflow box, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the compliments on the scape, I'm pretty happy, now I want all those rocks to be covered with amazing colours. :)

This is actually my first tank that will have coral and a sump. About 10 years ago I had a FOWLR tank, nothing special, just a couple of clowns and an anemone. But I did love it none the less. ;)

I'm more patient now ( not really :blink:), so I'm willing to take it slow and do it right. Haha.

• Like 1