Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Brad's 18" Rimless Reef & ADA 45p Planted| New Pics Page 36

brad908

ERC.

He told me to do a revive dip, so just did that.

New scoly looks good. Small but good.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ERC.

He told me to do a revive dip, so just did that.

New scoly looks good. Small but good.

You got the new scoly already? I thought it was being shipped today lol.

Sheizz...frag junky never disappoints me....I bought a scoly from them in the past...couldn't be any more impressed by their qualities.

Legendary Corals

Sheizz...frag junky never disappoints me....I bought a scoly from them in the past...couldn't be any more impressed by their qualities.

That was one sick plate.

And you sir, have quite the scoly addiction.

Soon to be you:

1556495_792913717393767_9041534483418632

That was one sick plate.

And you sir, have quite the scoly addiction.

Soon to be you:

1556495_792913717393767_9041534483418632

LOL I wish.... man I've been wanting to see moar pics of your coral collection in the solana....but nooo, you're lagging on the updates. lol I like scolys but I don't know man....don't think I can afford them...the plan now is to just get lps/softies that people normally don't have in their tanks on the forums, but it gotta be affordable....so it's gonna be hard lol.

Legendary Corals

LOL I wish.... man I've been wanting to see moar pics of your coral collection in the solana....but nooo, you're lagging on the updates. lol I like scolys but I don't know man....don't think I can afford them...the plan now is to just get lps/softies that people normally don't have in their tanks on the forums, but it gotta be affordable....so it's gonna be hard lol.

I meant Brad's upcoming scoly garden lol.

Legendary Corals

Ohh ahaha. Update your solana thread man...

Mmm. Not much to update. Just a few new fish, acans, and working on a plate and ricordea sandbed. Nothing too exciting. ;)

Gonna be super bummed if this scoly dies. Weird how everything else can be perfect, even the SPS I have in the tank has really started taking off and coloring up, after looking dead for months.

Gorg's and Ric's today!

Man that looks just like my scoly before it died. Sucks...it is pretty too. The mouth on the new green one is gaping a bit looks like?

I have a friend that's a scoly know it all. When my scoly started looking rough he suggested a couple things.

No dips, just adds stress

Shade

Low flow

Don't feed, makes the coral have to work, more stress

If anything looks to be bothering it, cover it with a container or something.

Good luck!!

pismo_reefer

DO NOT COVER!!!! WTF!?

Why do you guys think its cool to cover LPS when they look bad?

This is 3rd time Ive read this advice.... Great idea. Make an Ammonia shack. :rolleyes:

First and foremost, get the green ones away from the red ones.

I can guarantee you the red ones are sending out attack tentacles.

At the very least theyre attacking eachother, chemically.

Id also bet theres a water chemistry issue.

And, just a thought, but i noticed my Scoly's, Lobo's, and Cynarina's would all get picked on by inverts;

But, only after they started dying.

I had a dying scolly, I found fauna marine lps pellets really entice them to eat, and bonus the fish really dont care for them.

could the yellow cucumber of poisoned it? It always hangs around the rock base of the green scoly. I have never seen it crawl on top of it though

DO NOT COVER!!!! WTF!?

Why do you guys think its cool to cover LPS when they look bad?

This is 3rd time Ive read this advice.... Great idea. Make an Ammonia shack. :rolleyes:

First and foremost, get the green ones away from the red ones.

I can guarantee you the red ones are sending out attack tentacles.

At the very least theyre attacking eachother, chemically.

Id also bet theres a water chemistry issue.

And, just a thought, but i noticed my Scoly's, Lobo's, and Cynarina's would all get picked on by inverts;

But, only after they started dying.

Ummm..I don't think u put much thought to ur post.

Covering healing corals has been done for a long time. If the person doing it is a dummy that's a whole other story. If your not smart enough to put a couple small holes in the container, that's not my fault. Whoever is dumb enough to cover a coral with no way to circulate water doesn't need a reef tank anyways in my opinion.

I personally have had great luck with this method as have countless other. The container is to keep out anything that could possibly bother a unhealthy coral. Soooo that being said. I will continue to use this method and kill my healing corals with my ammonia trap

P.s. Is this where I put a cute emoticon rolling eyes??

Mmm. Not much to update. Just a few new fish, acans, and working on a plate and ricordea sandbed. Nothing too exciting. ;)

Wow.........that sounds exciting already....you suck.

Man that looks just like my scoly before it died. Sucks...it is pretty too. The mouth on the new green one is gaping a bit looks like?

I have a friend that's a scoly know it all. When my scoly started looking rough he suggested a couple things.

No dips, just adds stress

Shade

Low flow

Don't feed, makes the coral have to work, more stress

If anything looks to be bothering it, cover it with a container or something.

Good luck!!

The mouth on the new green one is fine actually. Looks like it just been fed.

could the yellow cucumber of poisoned it? It always hangs around the rock base of the green scoly. I have never seen it crawl on top of it though

Sheiiz, sorry to hear man. But it looks like it's going to not make it....so don't expect any better for it and prepare for the worst. Good luck.

PS. That new green one is sick!!! And it was a good dealz. ;)

I did one when I came back from the weekend

So the green scoly was like that before the water change right?

Archived