Top Shelf Aquatics

Brad's 18" Rimless Reef & ADA 45p Planted| New Pics Page 36

brad908

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man, just so you know. I remembered only paying $29 for shipping, buying corals from Rudy (GoldenBasketReef). You should contact him/her since you live in CA as well, you should be getting $10 off the shipping costs.

Hey man, just so you know. I remembered only paying $29 for shipping from buying corals from Rudy (GoldenBasketReef). You should contact him/her since you live in CA as well, you should be getting $10 off the shipping costs.

Never realized this.

I can now consider getting some polyps from them!

Never realized this.

I can now consider getting some polyps from them!

Yupp, well it does additional $3 for each other coral that you win. So lets say you buy 3 corals from them, it'll cost $29+3+3= $35.

Payment sent, I hope they can send it this week. I will be out in Oregon for work all next week. fingerscrossed

I guess this tank only has 3-4 months left to live :(

Unless I don't upgrade tanks.

Payment sent, I hope they can send it this week. I will be out in Oregon for work all next week. fingerscrossed

I guess this tank only has 3-4 months left to live :(

Unless I don't upgrade tanks.

Damn, why's fb making you travel for work so much? Or is it something that you opted for? lol

Damn, why's fb making you travel for work so much? Or is it something that you opted for? lol

I don't travel much, just a quarterly data center tour. Going to the rest for the first two weeks of June.

I have friends who are consultants for Accenture, Deloitte, etc. and they are gone somewhere every week.

I see. So in 3-4 months you will be taking this tank down and selling everything?

The entire set up is only:

Tank

Stand

MP10 (x2)

Cobalt neo-therm heater

AC20

NanoBox

I will be selling the tank/stand/ac20/heater; the mp10's and NanoBox can be reused. Then I have the Synergy sump, full apex system, Eheim Jager heater, and Elos ATO in a bin.

Basically all I need is the 36x18x18 tank, a stand, and return pump for the next potential upgrade. Oh, and the Bubble Magus Curve 5.

The 36x18x18 will cycle while the cube is still holding livestock, then transfer most of the corals.

This is the "not moving plan...."

How are the corals going to be transferred? Driving? Or being shipped?

I haven't thought of the "moving" plan yet. Most likely find someone or a store to hold my Scoly's and any other keepers until a new tank is ready,

Don't want to part with the Scoly collection.

And by moving, I mean moving a max of like 12 miles (to the city)

Oh, I got confused for a bit. Thought you were moving out of state, nevermind lol.

Yea, not trying to leave northern California for a while. Although it is going to be disgustingly hot the next few days. Think Tuesday and Wednesday have highs of 95. At least there is no humidity out here.

Lol, not surprised. Aquasd is pretty expensive. I bought a scoly from them before. The green/yellow scoly (yellow apple).

I live near aquasd and can get live shots if you ever wanted. They also have a live sale w/ prices up to 80% off about every 3 months or so, got to be quick to bid though as people swoop the frag packs quick. I will post next time they have one.

True. Scoly's being shipped tomorrow? Did you get the $10 off shipping? lol

I live near aquasd and can get live shots if you ever wanted. They also have a live sale w/ prices up to 80% about every 3 months or so, got to be quick to bid though as people swoop the frag packs quick. I will post next time they have one.

Mmm I don't think Brad will mind you posting nice aquasd pics. I'm not buying anything though, no tank yet lol.

Another thing you could do when in the market is check out sdreef.com, aquasd is always on and updating almost daily posting sweet new pieces. They carry frags of coral I've never even heard of. Most of my corals are from them. Awesome lfs.

Another thing you could do when in the market is check out sdreef.com, aquasd is always on and updating almost daily posting sweet new pieces. They carry frags of coral I've never even heard of. Most of my corals are from them. Awesome lfs.

I agree. They carry really good/highend stuff from time to time. Almost every time.

True. Scoly's being shipped tomorrow? Did you get the $10 off shipping? lol

Mmm I don't think Brad will mind you posting nice aquasd pics. I'm not buying anything though, no tank yet lol.

Scoly will be here tomorrow.

Throwing around the idea of getting 2 ADA 75p's (30x18x18) and having one a ZEOvit SPS Reef and the other planted, side by side. Who knows what will happen over the next 3-4 months, just can't stop thinking of what the next tank will be lol.

lol. True. Have you ever thought of an elos setup?

I think they're pretty overpriced. I've been to the Elos store, ADA store, and ReefRaft (which is essentially a CAD lights store). I don't see what puts Elos way above the CAD Lights or ADA tanks in terms of price. All 3 tanks are very nice and high quality.

Oh never knew cadlights was that great. I've seen their tanks all the time in person, but to me it doesn't look as great as an elos or ada. Beats me lol. Reef savvy is nice too.

Oh never knew cadlights was that great. I've seen their tanks all the time in person, but to me it doesn't look as great as an elos or ada. Beats me lol. Reef savvy is nice too.

The tanks at RR NorCal were all really nice, especially their custom frag tanks.

Reef savvy is for when we settle down and find a long term place to live; hopefully my dream walk around shallow tank.

Archived