Coral Vue Hydros

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

Have green grassiness and also purple as well. Here's one pic of a nice purple fuzzy. I'll be ordering reefcleaners when I get back so I assume they'll munch on some things.

014_zps8965cf41.jpg

029_zps7eaf41f3.jpg

One of my urchins- this is the bigger one. I'll keep them in here until they get a little bigger, as long as they don't bother anything. I thought maybe I can put one of each into the mantis tank but I do plan on macro in there and I hear they like it.

001_zps93a0cabb.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I turned the lights down to the lowest setting for the evening, moments later here SNAP! SNAP! I definitely have a snapping shrimp, I'm sure of it now. My mantis don't do that when the lights turn down or off.

So, I turn up the light and see this big guy. He's bigger than any I had in the Evolve so I just want to make sure it's just a bristle worm, right? He's just bigger and has more fuzzies and I want to make sure he's good, if not I'm getting the manly tweezers and yank him out.

081_zps07130637.jpg

i found one of these in my tank. it somehow survived drying out the rock i knew it was hiding in. mine is like 10+ inches long and 1.5 inches across. i need to get it out... its a monster. lol

i found one of these in my tank. it somehow survived drying out the rock i knew it was hiding in. mine is like 10+ inches long and 1.5 inches across. i need to get it out... its a monster. lol

Whoa, now THAT I would definitely have to take out, fear it would eat something, like my hand, fish, etc.

Hm, I wonder if I have 3 of these, because this one is the biggest, then the one earlier is midsized- then there's one other who's round part of the body, the base, is only the size of the ball at the end of a pin that goes in a pin cushion. This one seems to have more coloring.

003_zps01c20732.jpg

Man, if I ever order rock from there I am going to have to set up a 2nd tank just for a pest tank.

Yep, I love discovering what's in the tank but of course Randi and I found 2 of the urchins right away on the outside of the rock. I'm having so much fun. No crab though, haven't seen one but I know I was told it could be pretty small, maybe there is one and I just haven't seen it. If not, I'd like to get 2 porcelain crabs later.

Hitchhiker central up in here! I swear you hit the jackpot. I remember years ago setting my first lil nanos and waited with a flashlight at night waiting for anything to move (for weeks). Even a particle of sand getting stirred about would get me all excited until i realized what it was,lol

What a cool start to a cool tank. Doing a nice job over there Annette.

Hitchhiker central up in here! I swear you hit the jackpot. I remember years ago setting my first lil nanos and waited with a flashlight at night waiting for anything to move (for weeks). Even a particle of sand getting stirred about would get me all excited until i realized what it was,lol

What a cool start to a cool tank. Doing a nice job over there Annette.

Thanks Ziareefer, I'm going to have to hurry to get a scape together when I get back, kill the 2 aptasia I saw, get rid of 2 bubble algae- they're not shiny like bubble algae though, and misshapen so not sure if it's that now. I'll order the snail package and start moving a few corals over like the Superman that is splitting again, my rainbows, Duncan and 2 other mushrooms for starts. And Randi will come over and we'll get the fuge & overflow up. Then I can think about moving fish.

I still haven't figured out my light yet for a timer so I'll have to have it on the lowest when I'm gone for 5 days.

Found a snail today. Don't know what kind. Also found an oblong tiny white thing on the glass. And, I have pods today in the 34 and in the mantis tank.

004_zpsf4812d2a.jpg

Came back from Phoenix last night. Had a wonderful time visiting my brother and sister-in-law to be. Also saw other family that I hadn't seen in 10+ years.

Today I scaped. And rescaped x10.

Unfortunately I don't know what's going on. I'm not able to paste the link in from photobucket. I can paste it into a notepad no problem, just not here. It's like it's not registering. Weird.

Hitchhiker central up in here! I swear you hit the jackpot.

No kidding. My 'Cube is over 17 months and my hitchiker list consists of a single stomatella. I spotted what may be a very small asterina yesterday, but no guarantee that came from the rock.

Amazing live rock!! And what a great price. Our LFS charges $12.99/lb for "high-end" live rock. Our "high-end" live rock came with about 5 aiptasia, 2 bristle worms, a tunicate colony, and a bivalve that bored its way through the live rock and kept spitting powdered rock out the hole. Though we did get our brain on another piece of live rock for $12.99 since the rock was a full pound. If it had weighed less than a pound they would charge $30 for the rock.

lnglostsurfer

I've been having some trouble with the photobucket site lately too, it just won't let me click on the link that copies it. I figured it was just me and my retarded windows 8...can't wait to see the scape though!

I don't know why it's not working. Since it's letting me paste into my notepad then I know there's nothing wrong w/ photobucket. I'll send a note to the admins to see if they know what's going on because it will also not let me Quote. It never pulls up the referenced quote.

We'll see if this had anything to do with it, I'd used 100% of my attachment memory so I deleted pics from some questions I posed before I had a thread. If that wasn't it then I'm stumped. Will give it a shot. Nope. dang it.

Internet Explorer- Google

Nothing changed except I was gone for 5 days and since then I can't Quote or Multiquote or add pics. I can copy the link and put it in a Notepad no problem but it won't add it here.

Trying Google Chrome instead- we'll see if I can copy a link for a pic. WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow I do a water change and add the snails.

002_zps0b28455f.jpg

001_zps9f094f81.jpg

Top Down

004_zpsb7a98859.jpg

Left

006_zps49d75cc3.jpg

Right

005_zps78d513f7.jpg

Love the scape. Love how it's not just a bunch of rocks piled up in the back wall. I didn't even realize your tank is that deep. Very 3-D with lots of islands and negative space.

The dimensions are like 30 x 18 x 17 or so. I knew w/ this tank I wanted more floor space and since I will be adding gorgs I didn't need the rocks to be high. From the bottom of the tank to the top the highest rock is at 11 inches.

Digging the scape! Hitchhiker city up in this B :).

thanks. Only took like 10 tries. But it was fun being forced to make something out of the pieces I was given. I don't think I could've done a better job picking my own.

So much coral placing opportunity! omgomgomg Looks great!

The middle left rock has a hole at the top, I thought that would be perfect for the rock flower.

Looks good so far

Thanks. And I know yours is incredible! Beyond words in my opinion- are those saltwater air plants?

Archived