ReefCleaners.org

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

I'm loving the sponges on your rock!!!! I typically will only go 5 mph over the speed limit, occasionally 10 if I'm not paying attention :lol:. I hate when they are posed to get you coming down a hill. :angry:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too cute, she's very hesitant and cautious of her new home but neither tailspot or sixline are showing any issue with her. She swam away as far as 6 inches from her spot of origin and then felt uncomfortable so she swam back where she started from. Just too cute.

What a pretty girl!!!! I got a new fish today too :happy:.

I saw that, waiting for a pic!!! I've obviously never had one of these but it's already so darling. And tomorrow or the next day I should be getting 2 blue neon gobies.

Karat hasn't yet found a perching spot on top of any rocks but she has found a spot under a ledge instead. I glued down the Vivid's Rainbow, a zoa and the dendro. The dendro in particular is coming back, wasn't looking well at all anymore in the Evolve 8 even when I moved it out of the light- it wasn't putting it's tentacles out. Now it is very happy in the the right back corner. My duncan though is opposite, was super happy in the Evolve 8 and does not look as thrilled in the 34. I still haven't figured out the positions for the acans yet. Still working on that.

Karat

017_zpsbad74688.jpg

TOP DOWN!!!! And you can see the fish's shadows just like Kessil says you can.

021_zps211e9f48.jpg

013_zps5b3cdc9a.jpg

012_zps93a838da.jpg

left side

010_zps7c750829.jpg

right side

011_zps118d4c5b.jpg

Looks fabulous!

Such a cute name, Karat :wub:. Has she eaten for you yet?

I didn't feed yet, she's still hiding so much. I'll turn off the Jebao and Skimmer and try some food.

She came out I just can't tell if she ate or not but she did seem to get more excited. Tailspot and sixline know what it's all about. I'll try in a couple days and see. As far as I can see she didn't make it into the middle of the tank yet to explore.

Cute little Goby :). I love the scape as well, that top down shot is great.

I have never had an issue feeding Goby's, mine have always gorged on frozen brine shrimp or ground up Spectrum TheraA.

I fed some thawed LRS Reef Frenzy, mushed it up btw my fingers so there were all different size morsels.

Cute little Goby :). I love the scape as well, that top down shot is great.

I have never had an issue feeding Goby's, mine have always gorged on frozen brine shrimp or ground up Spectrum TheraA.

With that, I know she'll get fed- I also have some frozen brine shrimp and some Spectrum.

i said it before, i will keep saying it...i love your scape.

Thanks again and I love yours, I couldn't make a tree anywhere here like you. That is such a central part of your tank. Wish I could take glorious pics like you do. This will take some time with the Kessil.

i said it before, i will keep saying it...i love your scape.

I'm with ninjamyst on this one. I couldn't agree more :wub:

Are you planning on having any SPS?

I'm with ninjamyst on this one. I couldn't agree more :wub:

Are you planning on having any SPS?

I'm telling myself no because I've always wanted the yellow goby and I like mushrooms more than sps. I will probably go the way of some flowy lps though. I"m thinking of taking my chalice out of the Evolve and putting it on the vertical face of the rock to the right. You think that would be ok? It's growing so slowly in the Evolve. So far the sps remains in my Evolve. The ones I"m most excited about in the Evolve are the red montipora and the Purple Bonsai. Those would be the only 2 I foresee bringing over.

lnglostsurfer

Wow, it's crazy to see how far this tank has come since I've last checked in. It's looking so great!! I'm so happy for you that everything is just falling into place like it is. I've barely had time to keep my tank topped off....finally getting around to a water change tomorrow. The only bad part about getting into a bigger tank though is that frags look that much smaller....take longer to fill in. Are you planning on getting any colonies or just being patient with getting frags? Either way, I have faith everything will turn out great.

Wow, it's crazy to see how far this tank has come since I've last checked in. It's looking so great!! I'm so happy for you that everything is just falling into place like it is. I've barely had time to keep my tank topped off....finally getting around to a water change tomorrow. The only bad part about getting into a bigger tank though is that frags look that much smaller....take longer to fill in. Are you planning on getting any colonies or just being patient with getting frags? Either way, I have faith everything will turn out great.

Because they cost so much I'll probably always only do frags. Somethings grow faster than others. My paly grows faster than my regular zoa does for example and it's bigger so you can see it more easily. I just got some goodies in and I'll put up some pics here in a bit.

Yey, got my last order for the week. 3 rock flower nems, Rusty Gorg and Purple Ribbon gorgonian. I ordered a Red Finger Gorgonian but they were out so they sent me the Rusty Gorg but that's fine, I wasn't so sure about a non-photosynthetic anyway to tell ya the truth. I have one neon goby, the other was DOA- the vendor is going to see if he can tell by looking at my pics of my dead and alive one and see if they can send at least the correct gender back, even though they weren't "mated" hopefully they'll get along. Also got 10 nassarius and 5 spiny astreas. The water was cool, haven't seen the snails move much, had all acclimating 1 hr 15 mins or so. This order really made the tank start popping. I'm thrilled. Not sure on the placement yet of the gorgs because the wavemaker is knocking them over where I had them before.

032_zps2c2b039e.jpg

064_zps694b4807.jpg

047_zpsa3402f6c.jpg

058_zps0634b1b9.jpg

The lemon and white one and the one to the right which I call white on ice were BOGO for $10.00, the green was $25. I need some orange, blue and red now.

057_zpsb126b9d3.jpg

065_zps62b3b9bb.jpg

So, I'm very pleased with it though I'm not going to go w/ that company again- Finaddictsaltwaterfish.com. They had a small heater pack and the box did NOT come lined with foam, the baggies were all cool. They double bagged some but only put half the amt of water they should and they put the purple ribbon gorg in bent. Anyways, tell me what you all think, as well as any thought on more fish that I can order in January hopefully. Current stock: tailspot, 6line, clown goby, eventually 2 blue neon goby.

ll_maynard_ll

How do you have the gorg mounted? I take a small piece of live rock and drill a shallow hole in it, 1/4 or a bit more. Then at the bottom of the gorg take a razor blade and carefully shave away the tissue to expose the skeleton, again 1/4 up from the bottom. The just use some reef glue or super glue gel in the hole and stick the exposed skeleton of the gorg in the hole. The tissue will heal over the rock in a short time and it gives them a stable base that you can stick in the sand or rock work. I got the idea off of Garf's. Tank looks great though, love the kp aquatics live rock. I'm jealous.

For now since I'm unsure of their placement I didn't do anything permanent yet. I've never had gorgs before. My polyps just came out on Rusty though. Not on the purple one though. Right now I just have them in the sand, not atop any rocks yet. I see some spots that have holes already that would be great for that though.

072_zps87b2dc90.jpg

ll_maynard_ll

You got exactly the same two gorgs that I have. I love 'em. They seem easy to care for so far, I'm new to them also. Good choices!

You got exactly the same two gorgs that I have. I love 'em. They seem easy to care for so far, I'm new to them also. Good choices!

I was supposed to get a red gorgonian that was non-photosynthetic but they were out so they sent me the rusty instead. How long before you had extension on the purple gorgonian? I only ask because these were in the same bag from the same place and in close proximity in the tank but the purple doesn't have any PE yet.

ll_maynard_ll

I think it was a couple days. Just as long as the tissue isn't falling off I wouldn't worry about it. They will close up randomly from time to time also for even days at a time. Plus mine shed often, every couple weeks to start with. My yellow one has never shed but has been closed up now for a couple weeks so I don't know what's going on. If you remember it came in rough shape and lost 1/2 its tissue in the first night but it grew it all back in a couple weeks. Then its been closed. I'm confused. No tissue loss so I'm just letting it be.

Here's a topdown of the 3 nems just now. They yellow and white is so bright it's gorgeous. Think of that smooth velvety light yellow in a freezer pie. Yum. It's brighter than what my camera is giving it credit for. The yellow did move closer to the green one and the White on Ice fell in a little deeper.

076_zpse34b7fa3.jpg

I think it was a couple days. Just as long as the tissue isn't falling off I wouldn't worry about it. They will close up randomly from time to time also for even days at a time. Plus mine shed often, every couple weeks to start with. My yellow one has never shed but has been closed up now for a couple weeks so I don't know what's going on. If you remember it came in rough shape and lost 1/2 its tissue in the first night but it grew it all back in a couple weeks. Then its been closed. I'm confused. No tissue loss so I'm just letting it be.

Oh my gosh, I now remember, I think reading up on that got me following your tank.

Archived