SaltCritters.com

VABumpkin's ADA Mini-M

VABumpkin

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coralline spots starting to appear on the dry rock. This is a big deal for me because I could not grow coralline for the life of me in my old tank.

Coralline spots starting to appear on the dry rock. This is a big deal for me because I could not grow coralline for the life of me in my old tank.

I noticed mine really started to take off once i scraped one spot off the glass, from that point on it kinda spread like wildfire. Now im scraping it off the glass weekly I get the red green and purple varieties.

I think what did it was the fact that I scratched the live rock all over the dry rock a few weeks ago trying to spread some of the coralline spores. I was beginning to think it didn't do anything but I guess it worked.

Uh oh I'm starting to like chalices again. Someone stop me before I blow all my money.

I have never seen a chalice tank that didn't look like a frag tank. Do something cool with them and I'll follow along!

well I usually just mount them straight to the rock. I hat when people have like twenty chalice frags lined up on the sandbed.

I don't ever see any good chalice dedicated tanks they all look like some sort of collectors frag tank with a pile of ugly rock behind all the chalices on the sand bed just like you said. Honestly I have tried looking everywhere to see a nice mature tank with them mounted to the rocks but can't find em.

LOL, I agree, we need a little more commitment with our tanks, mount those Chalices already, go for the long hull... LOL.

Seems like every expensive LPS coral is never mounted not just chalices. I think people want to know they can move their investment if need be. There is also the need to FRAG everything expensive, fair enough, return on investment, something to consider :)

I just love the look of a nice chalice all sprawled out on a ledge. I had a really nice big cherry red one in my old tank and a cool peach colored one with green grafting. I just go for what looks good imo

And yeah whats funny is the same people who look at corals as an investment or business refuse to sell. I prefer giving out frags to see how they change in other people's tanks or if I think their tank is sparse. haha

Dam blue lighting sells everything.

Curious to see what they will look like under day lights ;)

Sill some awesome stuffs!

Yeah I'm more interested in the growth forms to be honest. I imagine they won't be nearly as colorful in my care but we will see. I got an amazing deal too so nbd if they're not super saturated.

Looking good! Look forward to seeing where you take this. I've always loved the ADA tanks, they seem to display so nice.

How do you like the light? Seems very nice from the pictures.

I love it. I just very recently learned how to set cloud passing and customize the sunset so goes to show you how awesome the controller is (or how challenged I am). The build of the light is definitely solid. The color rendition of the leds is very good. The whites don't look weird and green like some cheap chinese fixtures.

First on amazing, second one doesn't look right to me. Hard to tell but it looks like it has lost tissue, I could be wrong though.

Woke up to a crispy little Eviota this morning. :( The poor little female E. pellucida jumped last night. I'm going to need a cover for this tank.

Well that sucks. I'll be hitting up a local glass shop to get a cover for mine made. Amazingly I found the little clips to support a glass top for the tank in a drawer.

Well that sucks. I'll be hitting up a local glass shop to get a cover for mine made. Amazingly I found the little clips to support a glass top for the tank in a drawer.

Yeah I have those as well. I'm not really sure where I'll get mine. I'll have to check for a glass shop nearby.

Thanks 4x5. That was my favorite one, she was the least shy and always out and about.

Archived