Pod Your Reef

VABumpkin's ADA Mini-M

VABumpkin

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys a little update. I added a piece of live rock a few weeks ago and the tank just went through a big diatom bloom. The diatoms are clearing up now and I will post pics soon of the tank. Cleanup crew will arrive in two weeks.

Also if my secret Santa partner wants to buy me the 40 gram can of Elos sv.M2 fish food or/and a Cobalt 50W Neo-therm heater that would be wonderful. I will get you whatever you want!

FUXX!! That's is the cleanest Nanobox fixture I've seen by far so far.

Again, this. If I were to ever go with nanobox, this would be my color/theme choice.

gulfsurfer101

That's a sooooper clean looking tank. After them nasty @ss diatomes are gone this tank is going to make one hell of gem.

gulfsurfer101

I still have that very same problem, only the diatomes have turned to annoying coralline. I just use an old credit card to scrape them off. The rounded edge works well on the silicone.

Just did a water change and tested. All levels on spot. :happy: Should be ready for cleanup crew this week! Also I decided I want to go with snails and a group of Gnathophyllum americanum for inverts instead of a bunch of different shrimp and crabs.

Can someone tell me if I should add the fish before or after corals? I think if I add the fish after my corals it will cause a mini-cycle and might damage the corals slightly. If I add the fish first the corals won't have to endure any kind of cycle and there will be a good amount of organics for the corals to feed on, but the fish may be too sensitive to be added to the tank while its still new. I decided on a pair of eviota pellucida and a single trimma cana btw. Thanks for the help.

Add fish 1st, imo.

I agree corals should be added last... once you have a handle on your potential bioload(fish,invertebrates etc).

Tank looks great BTW!

You shouldn't do snails IMO... Their shells can scratch the sensitive glass... It happened before to a reefer on here. Because the opening edge of the shell is thin and sharp, snails aren't careful enough once in a while.

Archived