Cultivated Reef

VABumpkin's ADA Mini-M

VABumpkin

On a positive note one of the male nigriventris appears to be changing to female. Not sure that's totally possible but his dorsal fin is receding.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you heat your tank? I didn't see a heater in the tank so do you use an inline heater with the canister?

Yup I use a Hydor inline heater. I had my temperature probe to check the temp, and so far it is very consistent (I set it on 76, because the heat from the canister add another 2 in total of 78F)

Yup I use a Hydor inline heater. I had my temperature probe to check the temp, and so far it is very consistent (I set it on 76, because the heat from the canister add another 2 in total of 78F)

I'll have to use one of those for mine. I was worried it would be too powerful for my tank but if it works with yours I'm sure it'll do the same on mine. Can't wait to get everything cleaned up with this tank.

Are you going to run an inline heater on the 2213? I couldn't find the Hydor ETH 200 1/2" heaters anywhere. Luckily I had people contact me on TPT, and bought two.

Not sure if Hydor is coming out with a new model or what.

Are you going to run an inline heater on the 2213? I couldn't find the Hydor ETH 200 1/2" heaters anywhere. Luckily I had people contact me on TPT, and bought two.

Yeah DFS keeps extending the back order on them. I may have to just forget about the canister if I can't find one. I would love it if Hydor came out with a lower wattage or smaller version.

yeh I have the 5/8ths model on my tanks plumbing. I just found some 1/2 to 5/8 hose barbs and basically made the thing 4 inches longer lol.

I was literally waiting for 30 seconds hoping the image would load fully. Nice one.

I did the same thing.. Then after about 30-45 seconds I said to myself... Ahhhh f*** that's bs lol.

lol mostly spent on very boring things like cleaning supplies, fragging tools, test kits, additives.... are you asleep yet? And yeah all fun and games till one of them becomes a crusty fish nugget. :wacko:

Archived