ReefCleaners.org

Pico's 50 gallon, new corals, not enough space!

picoreef78

Sk8n Reefer

Sorry about the flatworms - do you know what piece they came on? Hopefully their all gone and no eggs remain. Your getting some good growth - lots of nice acros ?

picoreef78

Still messing around with the chemistry.

Max alkalinity is 9.1 dKA and monks 7.28, average of 7.98.

Calcium minimum 390, max of 450 and average of 427.5

Mg min1320,max 1560 and average of 1461.67.

With carbon dosing my goal alk is around 7.5. Also using RedSea Pro salt which hikes up Ca by .15 mEq/l with a 10% change at 35 ppt. So I might need to hang to Regular RedSea Salt or Instant Ocean.

I bought the DOS, still sitting in the box waiting to be needed. alk goes down 0.05 to0.1 mEq/l per day so far. Calcium goes down about 2.5-5 mg/l / day about.

picoreef78

9th dip an no more AEFW dropped. Now attached remaining corals to rock work.

New friends in the tank, now busier than ever and pushing the fish stock to the limit. Original intention was to get the six line wrasse to help maybe pick off AEFW missed by the dips. Saw the Baggai's which I have wanted for a while and the yellow eye kole tang. I also so the cleaner wrasse and was not going to get him due to high maintenance, but when I had the sales person feed the fish everyone ate like a champ including the cleaner wrasse so I did not have to worry about him starving once he cleaned everyone off. He was cleaning everyone in his community tank, fun stuff.

picoreef78

When I restarted the Bio-pellet reactor, pH dropped from 7.9 to 7.6 :(.

Tured the return pump to agitate water more and opened the path door and every thing seems to normalize for now. Has been 8.0-8.11 through out the afternoon. All of 2.75 mEq/l, Ca 430 and Mg 1480.

picoreef78

Everything normal. Not really sure what happen, all eating well then 20 minutes later one Baggai not looking so hot, at the end of th day other baggai not looking so hot and wrasse was MIA. All the other fish looking good and acting normal.

Weird. You did an acclimation when you added them to the tank, right? My McCoskers would occasionally go MIA for a day or two. Scared us as he rarely missed feeding time. Good luck with the others.

picoreef78

Found the wrasse this am in the floor shriveled up :( Almost all the new friends have died :(

Baggy looking good as does the yellow eye kole tank.

HarryPotter

Found the wrasse this am in the floor shriveled up :( Almost all the new friends have died :(

Baggy looking good as does the yellow eye kole tank.

Aww I'm sorry. Fish are so tough; I am thinking of having a coral dominated tank with two ORA mated clownfish. They are tough, and I think are not predisposed to jump.

picoreef78

I havce had two clown fish since the beginning, got the same batch of A. ocellaris, the black one became the female and doing well. A filefish usual hides but doing well as are the green chromis. This guy was my first jumper.

The other 3 I have no idea what happen.

HarryPotter

I havce had two clown fish since the beginning, got the same batch of A. ocellaris, the black one became the female and doing well. A filefish usual hides but doing well as are the green chromis. This guy was my first jumper.

The other 3 I have no idea what happen.

Where did you get the clowns? Are they ORA Premium mated clowns? (I am asking because I am looking to get those)

Have a close picture?

picoreef78

i guess it is time to get this guy hooked up.

Ca decreases about 5 mg/l per day and alk 0.1 mEq/l per day.

17550028278_41afcb36ec_z.jpgIMG_6881 by Alejandro Magadan, on Flickr

Where did you get the clowns? Are they ORA Premium mated clowns? (I am asking because I am looking to get those)

Have a close picture?

i just got regular clown from the LFS. I think they look good, let me get you a close up.

picoreef78

Here they are. My strategy was to get two small ones and let one become the dominant female and the other stay the submissive male. It took a few months but you could tell early on which way to was going. That might spare you the premium mated pair cost.

17115808444_c4a5b5c076_k.jpgIMG_6882 by Alejandro Magadan, on Flickr