ReefCleaners.org

Pico's 50 gallon, new corals, not enough space!

picoreef78

Backing of light intensity from 65% to 60%. Give it a few weeks and might back down to 55%.

Was bad and bought new corals :)

Love the Milka Stylopora pisillata, the previous frag I had grew like a fiend.

The Strawberry Short Cake (Acropora nasuta) looks nice too!

Finally the Pectina spa looks nice!

http://www.reefgardener.net/products.php?product=Reef-Gardener-Rainbow-Pectinia-

Order Date: 28th Nov 2014

This order is marked as Awaiting Shipment

Your Order Contains:

• 1 x Reef Goddess Acropora Selago
  • 1 x Milka Stylophora
  • 1 x Midnight Orange Yuma
  • 1 x Berry Tortuosa
  • 1 x Big Strawberry Shortcake Acropora
  • 1 x Reef Gardener Rainbow Pectinia
  • 1 x Reef Goddess Acropora Selago
  • 1 x Milka Stylophora
  • 1 x Midnight Orange Yuma
  • 1 x Berry Tortuosa
  • 1 x Big Strawberry Shortcake Acropora
  • 1 x Reef Gardener Rainbow Pectinia

Rose Matix= like A. tenuis

Blue Heaven- ???

Indigo tenuis- A tenuis

Cherry Ice- A. prostrata per Morgan's page

post-64561-0-95077900-1417542122_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So far one week into the biopellet experiment. I have not dose RedSea NOPOX for 3 days (6ml previous dose).

Plan to test water parameters when I get back home and see.

Took a picture of the sump, really crowded with Cadlights BR1 media reactor and PLS 100 skimmer. Lots of nice brown skim-mate after 3 days.

Having trouble uploading picture from work, will do when I get home.

i use flickr to post photos.

i upload the pics to the site, then copy the BBC code and paste it here.

or you can copy the direct link to the picture and click the little "insert image" button here on NR, and post the link there to remove the hyper link.

• Like 1

Finally retested water. Base elements are stable with no need to replace anything but Magnesium. Hmm.

NO3 is 0 ppm

PO4 is a whopping 0.10, the highest it has ever been.

I took out the smaller rock and placed a large Pukani dry rock. Has a lot more space.

I noticed that the rock I placed 4 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago have no algae growth, mainly the existing algae is growing. I H2O2 a small rock with the Favia and it has slowly started to creep back on the rock.

Definitely have a nutrient imbalance.

I might replace passive GFO. The all in one biopellets are about 2 week into the system. Aside from stressed Red Planet acro's I have not nuked my tank.

Small rock on left before

post-64561-0-75786800-1418051881_thumb.jpg

Rock replaced

post-64561-0-53321900-1418051883_thumb.jpg

Early am tank shot

post-64561-0-71648100-1418051884_thumb.jpg

The GARF A. valida, one side with nice coloration, the other side not so much

post-64561-0-73057200-1418051885_thumb.jpg

Side Shot

post-64561-0-87009600-1418051886_thumb.jpg

Poor RedPlanet (light yellow base, nice red correlates and polyps)

post-64561-0-23279300-1418051888_thumb.jpg

Retested NO3 and PO4 both 0. No new algal growth, same old algae going like a fiend. Hopefully my crew can clean it up (they seemed to have gone elsewhere after an initial snack).

60 ml of All in One pellets (recommended dose was 100-200 ml/200l tank) I might bring it up to 100 ml.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

No rapid growth except for the monitipora sps. about 1-2 mm/week on encrusting edge

alkalinity decreased from 3.2 mEq/l to 3.0 then to 2.9 over a period of a week. Goal is to keep it at about 3.0 mEq/l. I finally gave a small dose.

Calcium still hovering from 420-450 mg/l (pending water change status)

Mg stable at 1350 (has decreased to 1290) which has been the only one I really needed to correct outside a water change.

Sr also has been runny low. I had to corrected it before to 10 mg/l, now back down to 4 mg/l. I was hoping that water changes would keep it normal but for some reason it is getting chewed up (skimmer, corals using it before Ca or tons of coraline algae growing or the little calcifying worms popping up everywhere)? Replacing as well for goal of about 10 mg/l.

Just waiting now.

Lots to do.

Searched my algae and it looks to be Bryopsis corticulans.

I did a 20% water change yesterday. glued frags onto rocks. Got salinity from 33 ppt to 34 ppt. Everything so far stable (waiting for drop in CO3 and Ca) Sr still low at 4 mg/l.

Either going to pull the rocks involved and H2O2 dip (take off frags, not a problem except for a rainbow monitipora that has started to encrust the rock) or place in a new rock.

Orded stuff from BRS but I am excited about the radion mount. I can get rid of the ugly Cadlights Steel posts.

So far al the coral look good, except the "blue heaven acro" and ORA Miami Orchid had white spots and looks like eaten patched (AEFW :( maybe. Dips the two corals, Miami Orchid looking happier, so does the "blue heaven acro" but I see a few white specs so getting another dip.

All other corals without evidence of white spots or being eaten.

My GARF bonsai fell into the can before I re glued him on, small injured branch.

Neptune automatic fish feeder arrive in Dallas today, unfortunately because of no bad weather, it has not left the UPS warehouse.

Need to figure out how to program a feeding time, without my sump overflowing when I shut off the main return pump.

how is the automatic feeder? did it work well for you?

Not sure why when I send photos from iPhone they come out upside down? My iPhoto app is having trouble syncing to my email for some strange reason.

RMS us up and ugly Cadlights steel posts are down.

post-64561-0-91132200-1419002531_thumb.jpg

post-64561-0-23365200-1419002552_thumb.jpg