Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or a rabbitfish. You'd never see a strand of it ever again.

Any particular type? You think it'd go for the fleshy LPS?

Married...................with children. :bling:

Shut up Jacky you ballin, look at all them unfinished projects plenty of money not going to finishing them anytime soon ;) lol

...........................................but, maybe. :ninja:

Hell yes! Atleast new rock time lol

jedimasterben

Any particular type? You think it'd go for the fleshy LPS?

No, and no. The nicer ones are Siganus doliatus (like mine) and Siganus magnificus (big bucks usually), but even the normal yellow/black Siganus will do the trick. Just grab a small one, they grow fairly slowly once they get to ~3".

just pulled out the largest population of that shitty macro weed and ripped off a large salad bowl worth of it from the zoa rock. Poured a bottle of peroxide over it....again and again and again. Tossed it back in the tank. We'll see what happens. :rolleyes:

So.....roughly 4 hours after pulling out the Z & P rock covered in that shitty macro.....I started feeling -off-. All my joints started aching, my chest felt super tight with increasingly rapid breathing....and felt like I ran a marathon. ..not able to catch my breath. Back, neck, hip, knees, shoulders were aching...still are...but on the decline. Entire face and hands were tingling. Broke out with uncontrolled shivering and shakes......freezing with a 104 degree fever....that has finally dropped to 103. Breathing is starting to return to a slower pace.....finally feel like my body is getting oxygen. A little headache remains......and I'm drenched in sweat.....almost 6 hours later. Now at....not sure what time...2:00am?....I'm wide awake and starting to regain a feeling that I won't be dead on the couch when my ladies wake up in the morning.

Is Palytoxin real.......or did I just get some super nasty 8 hour flu?

CronicReefer

So.....roughly 4 hours after pulling out the Z & P rock covered in that shitty macro.....I started feeling -off-. All my joints started aching, my chest felt super tight with increasingly rapid breathing....and felt like I ran a marathon. ..not able to catch my breath. Back, neck, hip, knees, shoulders were aching...still are...but on the decline. Entire face and hands were tingling. Broke out with uncontrolled shivering and shakes......freezing with a 104 degree fever....that has finally dropped to 103. Breathing is starting to return to a slower pace.....finally feel like my body is getting oxygen. A little headache remains......and I'm drenched in sweat.....almost 6 hours later. Now at....not sure what time...2:00am?....I'm wide awake and starting to regain a feeling that I won't be dead on the couch when my ladies wake up in the morning.

Is Palytoxin real.......or did I just get some super nasty 8 hour flu?

Palytoxin is indeed real but can not affect you through skin contact only. It needs to enter your body through mucus glands, an open wound, or your eyes. It can be quite deadly if you receive a high enough dose as well.

Well, you poured h202 on top of the zoas, right? I say you must have had a cut on your hand from an unfinished project that let some paly toxin in. Feel better jacky! Is your wife around?

Well, you poured h202 on top of the zoas, right? I say you must have had a cut on your hand from an unfinished project that let some paly toxin in. Feel better jacky! Is your wife around?

You got it patty....cuts on my fingers. And knowing me....I could have not washed my hands right away and put something in my mouth....

Still a slight fever 101...and headache...and a little groggy.

We're having people over tonight and my wife was going to cancel. Told her I don't think I'm "sick"....told her to Google Palytoxin. She said I'm an idiot :^ )

BattleAthletics

You got it patty....cuts on my fingers. And knowing me....I could have not washed my hands right away and put something in my mouth....

We're having people over tonight and my wife was going to cancel. Told her I don't think I'm "sick"....told her to Google Palytoxin. She said I'm an idiot :^ )

Well you are for not wearing gloves.

How are you feeling Jack?

Pretty weird still....just climbing out of bed. Couldn't sleep. Hearts still a little rapid. Felt like I did a big rail of coke....but without the fun parts.

BattleAthletics

Felt like I did a big rail of coke....but without the fun parts.

Or the women, the money and skrippers

Didnt mama ever teach you better?

Well you are for not wearing gloves.

I'm not arguing that little brother.

Or the women, the money and skrippersDidnt mama ever teach you better?

Definitely no skrippers. I contemplated grabbing some paper at one point and writing the goodbyes. ...seriously. Something ####ed me up like never before. Thought I was having a heart attack for awhile.....minus the 104+ fever.

Never occurred to wear gloves...never had a problem before....and my doctor never puts gloves on either.

glad your wife was there... 1 to take care of you, and 2 so she can distribute your fish stuff :)

I'm jk jacky. Glad you're feeling betterif my heart races for anything I shit a brick.

BattleAthletics

glad your wife was there... 1 to take care of you, and 2 so she can distribute your fish stuff :)

I'm jk jacky. Glad you're feeling betterif my heart races for anything I shit a brick.

demotivation.us_Somenone-literally-sht-a

She covered me up with blankets and a huge heat pack and went to bed. I laid awake on the couch all night. I never told her how bad it actually got. She just thinks I'm trying to get out of prepping for the party I'm sure.

demotivation.us_Somenone-literally-sht-a

I shit you not!

She covered me up with blankets and a huge heat pack and went to bed. I laid awake on the couch all night. I never told her how bad it actually got. She just thinks I'm trying to get out of prepping for the party I'm sure.

This is why women live longer than men jack. We're you worried she was going to say the tank had to go?

BattleAthletics

I didnt get my invitation jackie!

I shit you not!

This is why women live longer than men jack. We're you worried she was going to say the tank had to go?

Nah, just didn't want to scare her and the girls....didn't want to go to the ER at 2 am.

I didnt get my invitation jackie!

You're always welcome my overpaid chemical brother! ......where's the ####ing smiley face button.....

OMG....will you start wearing gloves now? I always wear gloves whenever my hands are in the tank. Arm length

gloves, the kind you buy for horse insemination LOL. I just bought a new pack the other day :).

Glad you survived that :flower:.

OMG....will you start wearing gloves now? I always wear gloves whenever my hands are in the tank. Arm lengthgloves, the kind you buy for horse insemination LOL. I just bought a new pack the other day :).Glad you survived that :flower:.

Thanks G!

Leave it to you to be sporting horse insemination gloves....awesome :^ )

Where do you find those...Amazon?

BattleAthletics

Thanks G!

Horseinsemination.com

Are/ were your hands swelled and infected looking? If not gloves likely wouldn't have made a difference ;)

Since you decided to pour ####### peroxide on zoas (good call there buddy :lol: ) you actually more likely vaporized the palytoxin and inhaled instead. Which would highly explain the rapid breathing, but can't catch your breath ;)

Thanks G!

At first, I was thinking wow look at Jack trying to act like he doesn't already have a pair of horse insemination gloves, but then it hit me what does he need gloves for? You don't need gloves the way Jack inseminates a horse :lol:

Thanks G!

I'm sure you could find them on Amazon. I got them on eBay :). These are just like the ones I bought only mine are clear colored.

These are red. Same thing different color.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disposable-Obsterical-Artifical-Insemination-Gloves-4-Milligram-/281423517350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41862616a6

Archived