SaltCritters.com

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

Don't you have some oxen you can use to pull a pulley rope and hoist that shit? You got a farm, make those animals useful!

LMAO!!! You Sir, are brilliant. Now I know why E likes you :D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

940ec011-81e3-4da9-8ac7-0d73fd410cf2.jpg

So, I got the posts up over the weekend. Painted the beams that sit on top of these posts, as well as the steel brackets they'll sit in. Wondering how the hell I'm going to place the large center beam on the two tall posts. I need to somehow lift the 6"x12"x28' beam 13' - 14' in the air to be able to drop it in the brackets......hmmm....

Looks good man, I agree with patty use the farm to your advantage lol

940ec011-81e3-4da9-8ac7-0d73fd410cf2.jpgSo, I got the posts up over the weekend. Painted the beams that sit on top of these posts, as well as the steel brackets they'll sit in. Wondering how the hell I'm going to place the large center beam on the two tall posts. I need to somehow lift the 6"x12"x28' beam 13' - 14' in the air to be able to drop it in the brackets......hmmm....

It's beautiful Jack I give you that. But WTF is up with that fence?

It's beautiful Jack I give you that. But WTF is up with that fence?

Thanks!

If you look real close...behind the scrap wood fence panels, you'll see a nice chain link fence. The wood panel sections used to divide my backyard in half. The previous owner parked motorhomes on the other side. Anyway, I removed all of the fence and threw it up against the chain link fence.....due to my neighbors 60 year old boyfriend being a nosey jerkoff. And he hates the look :happy: , which makes me :D . And, I know how much you love that fence....so, I include it in my backyard pics :wub: .

I put the first coat of paint on the mega-beam tonight. It looks even bigger painted bright white...doesn't blend into my "CA landscape"......aka, the dirt.

Looks good man, I agree with patty use the farm to your advantage lol

I'd love to....but guess what? Donkeys are stubborn and won't do a damn thing they don't want to do........I'm looking for a giant meat grinder if anyone has one.

I'd love to....but guess what? Donkeys are stubborn and won't do a damn thing they don't want to do........I'm looking for a giant meat grinder if anyone has one.

Sounds like u need a couple new asses lol

Looks like you have taken on a few big projects Jack, looking good :).

Thanks Jase. Ya, juggling projects as usual. Tank has fallen to the bottom of the list......trying to convince myself to pick up a new tank and restart ......I see you may be doing the same?

HarryPotter

So, I got the posts up over the weekend. Painted the beams that sit on top of these posts, as well as the steel brackets they'll sit in. Wondering how the hell I'm going to place the large center beam on the two tall posts. I need to somehow lift the 6"x12"x28' beam 13' - 14' in the air to be able to drop it in the brackets......hmmm....

How deep/ wide were the holes? Concrete and rebar, I assume?

Im building a large (12x20) carport, and have 3x3 holes (PITA) filled w. concrete and rebar.

You get a permit? I didn't, but we are taking photos along the way to prove it is up to code.

How deep/ wide were the holes? Concrete and rebar, I assume?

28" X 28" X 28" footings with rebar.....all block pilasters are tied into the footings with rebar and 100% filled with concrete.

Im building a large (12x20) carport, and have 3x3 holes (PITA) filled w. concrete and rebar.

You get a permit? I didn't, but we are taking photos along the way to prove it is up to code.

No permit, built to code and documented along the way. Permit pulled for the buried gas line and fire pit.

I might do a carport next.......

HarryPotter

No permit, built to code and documented along the way. Permit pulled for the buried gas line and fire pit.

I might do a carport next.......

Ill post some pics here later. Its built overkill, but I'm trying to prevent damage from florida hurricanes. I can always replace the top, but would rather not undue my intense welding

Nice!

Thanks....making a little more progress today.

Ill post some pics here later. Its built overkill, but I'm trying to prevent damage from florida hurricanes. I can always replace the top, but would rather not undue my intense welding

Post them up!

Thanks Jase. Ya, juggling projects as usual. Tank has fallen to the bottom of the list......trying to convince myself to pick up a new tank and restart ......I see you may be doing the same?

I definitely understand that buddy, priorities and all that. Yup, seriously considering a new build. I cut a lot of corners with my current tank due to initial costs which are coming back to annoy me. Something a little larger would be nice also ;).

Sounds like u need a couple new asses lol

Who doesn't?

I definitely understand that buddy, priorities and all that. Yup, seriously considering a new build. I cut a lot of corners with my current tank due to initial costs which are coming back to annoy me. Something a little larger would be nice also ;).

What corners did you cut? I thought you had some quality components and a pretty detail orientated build......

What car you driving now?

What corners did you cut? I thought you had some quality components and a pretty detail orientated build......

What car you driving now?

Corners mainly cut around the actual tank really. Really should have gone for an internal over flow, and I hate the bracing, should have gone thicker glass initially. Corners cut to save money really which I have come to regret. I love the cube style but it really limits your sump space with a smaller size like mine. Nothing wrong with the tank, still works as it should but there are definitely things that I would change if I were to do it again. All things I am taking into account during this new planning stage. Equipment wise I am pretty happy, going to ditch the MP10, never been really happy with it. I really want a proper skimmer also, the Tunze 9004 is great but a pain to pull apart for cleaning, the plastic clips get pretty fragile after a while.

Still driving the 86/FR-S. When I got back from the States early Feb I ordered an Airaid intake kit (got a good deal from someone locally who ordered one and never used it, went turbo instead) and in April I purchased an Agency Power cat-back exhaust for my birthday present :).

Hi Jacky :)

What up, Lawn?

You take it easy today?

Took the girls shopping today....all three of them had their birthdays this month. Now I'm installing brackets and trying to get 4 of the horizontal beams in place......

Corners mainly cut around the actual tank really. Really should have gone for an internal over flow, and I hate the bracing, should have gone thicker glass initially. Corners cut to save money really which I have come to regret. I love the cube style but it really limits your sump space with a smaller size like mine. Nothing wrong with the tank, still works as it should but there are definitely things that I would change if I were to do it again. All things I am taking into account during this new planning stage. Equipment wise I am pretty happy, going to ditch the MP10, never been really happy with it. I really want a proper skimmer also, the Tunze 9004 is great but a pain to pull apart for cleaning, the plastic clips get pretty fragile after a while.

Still driving the 86/FR-S. When I got back from the States early Feb I ordered an Airaid intake kit (got a good deal from someone locally who ordered one and never used it, went turbo instead) and in April I purchased an Agency Power cat-back exhaust for my birthday present :).

I got ya.....at least now you know what you want....or at least, what you don't want. Next build should be fun. That's what I tell myself anyway :^ )

HarryPotter

Thanks....making a little more progress today.

Post them up!

Heres where we're at. Yeah I put up upside-down caution tape LOL! We bought a kit and its really cool.

IMG_0912_zps7wglmmge.jpg

Dem joints though

IMG_0913_zpseymnnfjp.jpg

Heres where we're at. Yeah I put up upside-down caution tape LOL! We bought a kit and its really cool.

IMG_0912_zps7wglmmge.jpgDem joints though

IMG_0913_zpseymnnfjp.jpg

Nicely done! What's the top going to be made of?

HarryPotter

Nicely done! What's the top going to be made of?

Sadly Sumbrella- I wanted to use something stronger/more rip proof but the other options weren't "Pretty" :(

I got ya.....at least now you know what you want....or at least, what you don't want. Next build should be fun. That's what I tell myself anyway :^ )

Yep, live and learn. Spending money is always fun haha ;).

What up, Lawn?

You take it easy today?

Took the girls shopping today....all three of them had their birthdays this month. Now I'm installing brackets and trying to get 4 of the horizontal beams in place......

Yep woke up at 8 got dressed for work and it was drizzling. Said #### this and went back to bed until 11 :)
  • 2 weeks later...

So....had solar guy out here Friday for the site survey. At some point he accidentally shut the power off at the panel. Tank drained and filled the sump......no problem as far as overflowing goes. But, when power came back on.....the skimmer went nuts skimming super wet and dumped a couple weeks worth of sludge back into the tank. Entire tank the next morning looked like pea soup.

Hooked up a brand new mini reactor that I found in the stand and filled it to the brim with carbon. Also replaced the GFO in the other reactor as well as the sock.

So far no deaths. Tank has never looked so clear.....not that there is much to look at inside of it. Besides that shitty macro that covered every square inch of rock.

......and I took the next couple days off from work to hang with my Ladies. Next stop (after bathtime), Pismo.

So....had solar guy out here Friday for the site survey. At some point he accidentally shut the power off at the panel. Tank drained and filled the sump......no problem as far as overflowing goes. But, when power came back on.....the skimmer went nuts skimming super wet and dumped a couple weeks worth of sludge back into the tank. Entire tank the next morning looked like pea soup.

Hooked up a brand new mini reactor that I found in the stand and filled it to the brim with carbon. Also replaced the GFO in the other reactor as well as the sock.

So far no deaths. Tank has never looked so clear.....not that there is much to look at inside of it. Besides that shitty macro that covered every square inch of rock.

......and I took the next couple days off from work to hang with my Ladies. Next stop (after bathtime), Pismo.

I've been thinking of running a brs mini reactor with carbon and gfo innit. It's kinda hard to run media in my tank the way it's set,glad to see its working for you sir.

Archived