Top Shelf Aquatics

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

Which shrooms? The St. Thomas? I wish they multiplied quickly...I'd give you one.

I really like that B/W shot of the tank in your first post. You can really see what's in there and it looks fantastic!!!!

I contacted Tenor and he doesn't have any CARs available right now, so I'm waiting on those before I pay him a visit. :)

Ya, those ones...I wish they did too :D

And you're way too kind on the compliments.....wish I had your photo skills....and camera! Just using the phone. Hmmm, you might as well go now.....you'll just end up buying other stuff once you're there :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya, those ones...I wish they did too :D

And you're way too kind on the compliments.....wish I had your photo skills....and camera! Just using the phone. Hmmm, you might as well go now.....you'll just end up buying other stuff once you're there :)

Seriously...I don't have the technical photo skills. It's all the camera. I basically just point, focus, and shoot. And the focus doesn't always turn out for me. :lol:

I'll save a St. Thomas baby for you...if/when it happens. :)

Would of been 1 week but a man can't listen to there wife. :)
I've never been that sick for that long. Just comes with age I guess.... Next time I get sick I'm going straight to the dr. She won't have to tell me anything, lol.

Or constant "listening" made him sick....... you can only listen for so looooong.
Lol, I'm a very lucky man, my wife isn't a nagger at all. One missed keystroke and that statement could've gone very wrong, very fast!!

Glad you're feeling better. Sick sucks. I'm sure all of your stuff will come back quick. Just saw your tank posted somewhere today.....looks nice man!
Yeah I saw that pic too, that was from a couple of months ago before things went south. I'm sure evrything will come back just fine but if the one colony roesnt its not that big of a deal. I've got plenty of frags of that one in the frag tank. A few of them are pretty big too :)

Seriously...I don't have the technical photo skills. It's all the camera. I basically just point, focus, and shoot. And the focus doesn't always turn out for me. :lol:

I'll save a St. Thomas baby for you...if/when it happens. :)

You freak'n rock Gena....Hopefully by then I'll be able to trade you something for it....I had Tenors CARS back a few years ago...very pretty.

I've never been that sick for that long. Just comes with age I guess.... Next time I get sick I'm going straight to the dr. She won't have to tell me anything, lol.

Ya, funny how that works.

Lol, I'm a very lucky man, my wife isn't a nagger at all. One missed keystroke and that statement could've gone very wrong, very fast!!

LOL, you check that a couple times before posting....just to make sure?!?!?

My wifey is pretty awesome too, usually. Hell, we put up with each other pretty well :)

Yeah I saw that pic too, that was from a couple of months ago before things went south. I'm sure evrything will come back just fine but if the one colony roesnt its not that big of a deal. I've got plenty of frags of that one in the frag tank. A few of them are pretty big too :)

You'll bring them back, you definitely have some healthy stuff! Been eyeing that crazy looking shroom of yours.....

Awesome BTA man... are you running those foam covers on the MP?

Thanks! Ya, running the foam. They look like crap, but as close as the nem is to it....better safe than sorry.

Good thinking!! I have my RBTAs right next to my Koralia and its making me nervous too! They've stayed put for 3 months now (& split), so hopefully I'm ok, but they are literally inches away, similar to your setup

Good thinking!! I have my RBTAs right next to my Koralia and its making me nervous too! They've stayed put for 3 months now (& split), so hopefully I'm ok, but they are literally inches away, similar to your setup

Ya, this one has stayed put for almost a year now. It split as well and the second moved around a bit here and there. I like the added security....as false as it may be. LOL.

LEDs.jpg

Got some new goodies to add to the light.

OCW and CBs.

Driver and control box for the pots.

2013-03-09_14-00-22_997.jpg

Going to try and get it all hooked up over the weekend and transferred over to the overhead, hanging canopy thing.

Well,

The lighting is on hold. Trying to figure out what to do. Went to add the OCWs and CBs this morning, but found that the RB lenses are starting to brown out just like the TVs did. Not sure what to do at this point.

In other news,

The orange lepto has recovered pretty good after being buried by the shrimp.

OrangeLepto.jpg

5a134c4a-c752-4df3-ae2d-437a15bece39.jpg

DarkAcan.jpg

Cool little acan. Dark purple, with sky blue and orange.

I couldn't get my Lepto to grow so I sent it to Maria Weds. Overhead canopy thingy?

Your Lepto looks amazing nice come back.

The light thingy. Contains my DIY LED mess and matches the stand.

I think neglect is key :)

Actually, a little bit of flow to make its skirt move and lower lighting seem to keep it happy. Thanks for the compliment, though. Looking for a neon green next. Going to put them on a little mound together.

What's your yearly cost on replacement bulbs in the new fixture you're running?

Got to try and beat the wife home....just got notification that a package has been delivered!

Haha, I've done that a time or 50. My wife doesn't even ask anymore.

Haha, I've done that a time or 50. My wife doesn't even ask anymore.

You'd think after 10 years, mine wouldn't either. I think she enjoys my rationalizing stories.

Looking to make some room in the tank. Need to get rid of the Hammer if anyones interested. Here's a pic with lights off and deflated to get an idea of how many heads. Neon green and purple tips.

Hammer-Closed.jpg

In other news, I should get some goodies from Milad tomorrow.......

WAAANNNNNTTTTT

I couldn't get my Lepto to grow so I sent it to Maria Weds. Overhead canopy thingy?

Your Lepto looks amazing nice come back.

The new growth on that lepto really is impressive, good job!

Great tank! I bought some berghia locally..only three tho they are expensive little buggers. Hopefully they will breed and kill the crap out of my aiptasia :)

Great tank! I bought some berghia locally..only three tho they are expensive little buggers. Hopefully they will breed and kill the crap out of my aiptasia :)

It took mine a few weeks before I noticed anything. More like three weeks. Then one day I saw a rock with no aiptasia....stuck out like crazy. Then baby bergies everywhere. Patience.

Lighting Update:

I added 6 Cool Blue LEDs to the mix. So far, I like it. The overall look has a bit more of a "crispness" to it. Kind of a halide feel. The corals seem to have a little more pop to them as well, subtle, but noticeable. An acan really shows some neon pink now. The yellows seem to show more. I still have 6 OCWs to add, maybe over the weekend. Then, I will transfer the entire mess over to the canopy thing and hang it....maybe this weekend as well....probably not....but maybe. :rolleyes:

Entire LED mix is:

RB x 24

NW x 12

CB x 6

OCW x 6 (soon to be)

TV - gone.

Yep, I like the addition of the CB. Should have added these awhile ago. Always heard that they easily wash out / overpower the other colors. Going to try and get a couple pics.

With the addition of the Cool Blue LEDs, the pics seem to show up a little better. Still just the phone, but a little easier to see. Uploading slowly.....

83f108f3-e1a8-4251-9262-ef6c13a4f9d1.jpg

RBTAUp.jpg

AcanRainbow.jpg

One of my favorites right now, neon orange and blue.

Acan-BlueandOrange11-05-13.jpg

Pink and Blue

AcanPinkandBlue11-05-13.jpg

This thing glows. Neon orange with a purple-silver rim.

Acan-OrangewithPurpleSilverRim11-05-13.j

One of two Acan rocks....

AcanRock11-05-13.jpg

Acan-OrangeandPhantom11-05-13.jpg

Growth shot of the Meteor. Was a little 1/2" bugger. Now it's covered quite a bit of rock.

42cfff75-8810-41ab-b918-dfcb7bea1928.jpg

Newest edition ... very cool little guy.

Urchin11-05-13.jpg

KoleTangPeekaboo.jpg

KoleTangLepto.jpg

Kole Tang and his constantly moving partner the Possum

PokeyandKole11-05-13.jpg

More to come....

Archived