Pod Your Reef

iTank 5g?

Angel<3Nanos

Angel<3Nanos

OK New Fraaaaags! :D

Tiny Purple-Blue Ric.

Green Zoas, idk the name lol
Flower Pot (it was kinda closing because it got kinda scared when my crab passed by lol)
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angel<3Nanos
Those greens look a lot like what I have... We may need to frag swap sometime soon.
Lol let me know if you find the name for those :)

What a lovely little tank, and great new additions! I love that ricordea. I might have to get me one... or many ;)
Awww thx! :D
Angel<3Nanos

Ok good news and bad news!! :o

Good news are....

The surprise I had for you guys was a YWG with a pistol shrimp I added. Sad story tho. I was down at one of my lfs browsing thru corals when a lady and her kid came in with the YWG and the shrimp in a bucket. She said she bought them from a guy in craigslist but she had no idea how expensive it was to have a saltwater tank. She said she first bought the fish and shrimp and then went down to Petco were they told her everthing she needed for the tank, but warned her that she had to wait a month before putting any fish in it. And told her to return the fish, anyways, the guy in CL did not wanted them back so she found the LFS I was in. We were so shocked as to why she bought a fish first and not a tank. But we didn't judge her lol anyways, the guy at the lfs told her he could only give her store credit but she didnt need anything from the store lol (guess she didn't want a tank after all). So she asked me if I wanted them for $10 bucks because she paid $25. I didnt want to but I couldn't help myself, the goby is almost an inch long so he's tiny. The guy at the Lfs already knows my tank so he said it will be fine because YCG dont swim much and since he will be with the pistol, he will rarely swin. So I bought them. I was also scared that after being in a bucket for who knows how long, they wouldn't make it. So yesterday I drip acclimated and introduced them with the lights off. And through out tge night the shrimp made its cave and the goby sat there watching lol so cute.

Now the bad news....

:sigh: THEY MADE THEIR CAVE ON THE BACK OF THE TANK! !!!!! asdfghjk!!!

Lol I can only see them if I reach back and take a look! :D dangit

Well grats on the easy score. If I want that pair I'd have to spend about $55 here.

You see that kind of stuff quite often in stores. I get people all the time either buying fish before a tank or buying them at the same time. You can't talk them out of it, so the next day they're bringing the fish back in because they died.

found one at petco ... imo after taking it out of the box ... it is not worth 120$ ... plus i would have no clue what to do for lighting

They were $70 at mine

Ok good news and bad news!! :o

Good news are....

The surprise I had for you guys was a YWG with a pistol shrimp I added. Sad story tho. I was down at one of my lfs browsing thru corals when a lady and her kid came in with the YWG and the shrimp in a bucket. She said she bought them from a guy in craigslist but she had no idea how expensive it was to have a saltwater tank. She said she first bought the fish and shrimp and then went down to Petco were they told her everthing she needed for the tank, but warned her that she had to wait a month before putting any fish in it. And told her to return the fish, anyways, the guy in CL did not wanted them back so she found the LFS I was in. We were so shocked as to why she bought a fish first and not a tank. But we didn't judge her lol anyways, the guy at the lfs told her he could only give her store credit but she didnt need anything from the store lol (guess she didn't want a tank after all). So she asked me if I wanted them for $10 bucks because she paid $25. I didnt want to but I couldn't help myself, the goby is almost an inch long so he's tiny. The guy at the Lfs already knows my tank so he said it will be fine because YCG dont swim much and since he will be with the pistol, he will rarely swin. So I bought them. I was also scared that after being in a bucket for who knows how long, they wouldn't make it. So yesterday I drip acclimated and introduced them with the lights off. And through out tge night the shrimp made its cave and the goby sat there watching lol so cute.

Now the bad news....

:sigh: THEY MADE THEIR CAVE ON THE BACK OF THE TANK! !!!!! asdfghjk!!!

Lol I can only see them if I reach back and take a look! :D dangit

They tend to do that. My little goby set up his cave in a rock facing backwards that has covering on all but one tiny side...

At least the store educated her and gave her the options of what to do instead of letting her take the stuff home and killing a goby and shrimp!!

Congrats on the score.

Angel<3Nanos

Well grats on the easy score. If I want that pair I'd have to spend about $55 here.

You see that kind of stuff quite often in stores. I get people all the time either buying fish before a tank or buying them at the same time. You can't talk them out of it, so the next day they're bringing the fish back in because they died.

Thanks! :D

And yeah people always try to run before learning how to walk. lol

They were $70 at mine

Yeah the white ones are, now the black ones are $120 but they just come with cheap accessories. lol It's not worth it.

BUt i think $70 it's a fair price. imo. Since it has a sump. And let's not forget.... IT LOOKS COOL! lol

They tend to do that. My little goby set up his cave in a rock facing backwards that has covering on all but one tiny side...

At least the store educated her and gave her the options of what to do instead of letting her take the stuff home and killing a goby and shrimp!!

Congrats on the score.

Darn lol these gobies and their habits! :D

And omg Thats exactly what i was telling the guy at the lfs! i think petco is starting to redeem themselves lol

Getting mine this week. ...maybe today...maybe.

And grats on the grab! You probably saved those fish lives.

Also you should frag me a piece of that shroom ;)

Angel<3Nanos

Getting mine this week. ...maybe today...maybe. And grats on the grab! You probably saved those fish lives. Also you should frag me a piece of that shroom ;)

YAY!! make a thread! and before you set it up remeber to remove the tray underneath the tank and grab a small clamp or something and attach a hose to the return line. You will understand when you get it. If you cant get a hose and the clamp that fits, i can mail you some.

And yep which shroom?

On another note..... MORE FRAGS!!! lol

Will post pics once i acclimate and DIP! :)

Also, i have like a gazillion pods all over my tank haha seriously they are everywhere!

Haha I started one. It's in my sig, just doesn't have much in it yet besides bickering. Tbh... Lol and apparently my petco does not carry this tank..so ill get it tomorrow. Hopefully.

And the Yuma? I think it's a Yuma? Second moonlight pic. It's gorgeous.

Okie doke. :) what size tubing? And clamp? I can look in my basement...where all tools and supplies go to die lol my father pics up projects....then drops them by the end of the month. Lol

Angel<3Nanos

Haha I started one. It's in my sig, just doesn't have much in it yet besides bickering. Tbh... Lol and apparently my petco does not carry this tank..so ill get it tomorrow. Hopefully. And the Yuma? I think it's a Yuma? Second moonlight pic. It's gorgeous. Okie doke. :) what size tubing? And clamp? I can look in my basement...where all tools and supplies go to die lol my father pics up projects....then drops them by the end of the month. Lol

lol alright! the yuma (i think it's a yuma, thats what ive been told lol) is still very little, so when it gets bigger i will jade! ;)

And tbh i dont know what size it is lol i just found some and it fit, but you could find it anywhere. and about the clamp, it came off from a canister filter i had laying around, ill post a pic later on.

Angel<3Nanos

Ok sounds like a plan!

omg im done acclimating and dipping! new frags going in now!

I get so excited i look like a kid haha :happydance:

Angel<3Nanos

Don't we all when we get new corals?

haha so true! :P

Anyways, can you tell me how'd you did the link to your threads on your sig?

As you can see, mine has the link on the side and yours is on the title itself.

I tried using HTML codes but they don't work ugh lol

Angel<3Nanos

Ok bad news everyone!

Today when I wake up I find my goby swimming super high on the tank, almost as if he was stressed out, maybe he doesnt like the small tank. Idk maybe he was in a bigger one before he was sold. He wasnt even watching for the pistol anymore. Luckily my buddy was coming over to pick up a skimmer for his new 15gal. So we tested the water and everything seemed fine. And I said luckily because he knows more about fish than I do and he said the fish looked stressed so he took it home to quarantine the little one. We'll find out more thru the days. This little one might be seeing his last of days. :'(

Ok bad news everyone! Today when I wake up I find my goby swimming super high on the tank, almost as if he was stressed out, maybe he doesnt like the small tank. Idk maybe he was in a bigger one before he was sold. He wasnt even watching for the pistol anymore. Luckily my buddy was coming over to pick up a skimmer for his new 15gal. So we tested the water and everything seemed fine. And I said luckily because he knows more about fish than I do and he said the fish looked stressed so he took it home to quarantine the little one. We'll find out more thru the days. This little one might be seeing his last of days. :'(

Do you have high enough oxygen levels?

Angel<3Nanos

I should, my place isn't extremely sealed, we open the window every morning because according to my wife we need fresh air everyday lol but If I had lower levels my ph wouldn't be 8.0 right?

But I see what you re saying, how should I check for oxygen lvls?

I should, my place isn't extremely sealed, we open the window every morning because according to my wife we need fresh air everyday lol but If I had lower levels my ph wouldn't be 8.0 right? But I see what you re saying, how should I check for oxygen lvls?

Not sure you need to "check" for o2 levels as much as making sure that the surface of your water is breaking to allow o2 transfer.

All parameters checked out? Ammo, nitrates, nitrites??

Fish in large ammo environments start swimming erratically and towards the top, breathing heavily.

Angel<3Nanos
Not sure you need to "check" for o2 levels as much as making sure that the surface of your water is breaking to allow o2 transfer.All parameters checked out? Ammo, nitrates, nitrites?? Fish in large ammo environments start swimming erratically and towards the top, breathing heavily.

Yeah the surface is breaking down with the overflow.

And ammonia is at 0, I do water changes of 1gallong every 2 days due to the tank being new and already stocked with corals. Maybe I need to get my water tested with my buddy down at the LFS. And nitrates and nitrates read close to 0 and 0.5. Well I wont be adding any fish anymore,I was a bit worried when I got him so I guess my gut was right. Ugh

Archived