Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

iTank 5g?

Angel<3Nanos

Can I join into this conversationnnnnnn?

<--- Wife is a Vet.. Sister in law is a PetCo manager.

Well you fit in just swimmingly :)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely! Now to actually read the rest of the thread. You're a vet tech currently?

Done reading. Woohoo. Following along!

Lovely! Now to actually read the rest of the thread. You're a vet tech currently?

Done reading. Woohoo. Following along!

Him or me? Lol I'm just a kennel tech. I have no official papers or education...except real world experience.

Oh angel I'm going to look at one of these after work. What are all the mods you made so far? Water line leak thing, did you add another power head? And stock lights? You kept those so far right?

Him or me? Lol I'm just a kennel tech. I have no official papers or education...except real world experience.

You're not "just" a kennel tech!! You people work hard! I did that while my wife and I were still in college. Thats a tough job.. Cleaning poo and vomit is not the most fun.

Angel<3Nanos

Sorry gais! Im on break. Ugh busy busu here.

@notwithit - you can join our convos anytime friend! :)

@jade - yep friend smuggled it out for me haha just a small discount, nothing big... you know just 50% off hah! Lol but the mod I did was to remove the tray that's between the tank and drawer, and added a hose with a clamp. You can skype me and ill guide you. And I dont have the stock lights anymore, I have an LED par38 Full spectrum 14k bulb.

@-zacheyp -the stock LED light it comes should be enough to "keep" soft corals, to grow them would take forever. Lol plus it's just too white and doesnt pop the corals colors.

Angel<3Nanos

Angel. Have you started vet school yet?

First semester but it was just general requirements, I am looking at this school called pima where they have a better program than my community college lol

Vet Tech school is what you're doing currently, yes? Just trying to get a bearing. My wife graduated from WSU Vet Med in 2010 so I'm a bit biased as to what school is the best.. :-D

Angel<3Nanos

Vet Tech school is what you're doing currently, yes? Just trying to get a bearing. My wife graduated from WSU Vet Med in 2010 so I'm a bit biased as to what school is the best.. :-D

yeah i am, but im supposed to become a veterinary assistant and then a full certified vet. You see, my community college isnt all that great. So till i have a talk with Pima ill get a better insight.

yeah i am, but im supposed to become a veterinary technician and then a full certified vet. You see, my community college isnt all that great. So till i have a talk with Pima ill get a better insight.

You're welcome to PM me with any questions about Vet stuff. I'll ask my wife and get back to you on it. She went to WSU for undergrad and majored in zoology/minor in fine arts then did Vet School.

Angel<3Nanos

You're welcome to PM me with any questions about Vet stuff. I'll ask my wife and get back to you on it. She went to WSU for undergrad and majored in zoology/minor in fine arts then did Vet School.

That would be great! i need better info to what just my community college offers.

Soooo.....went to petco... They have them. They also have slightly more expensive brown ones that have clear acrylic all the way around...hmmm lol they also had an evolve8 for 89.... But it had a scratch in it on the front pane. Ugh

You're not "just" a kennel tech!! You people work hard! I did that while my wife and I were still in college. Thats a tough job.. Cleaning poo and vomit is not the most fun.

Haha well ain't that the truth. I actually am starting to learn the front desk, so maybe I can move up in the world to office assistant. :)

Angel<3Nanos

Soooo.....went to petco... They have them. They also have slightly more expensive brown ones that have clear acrylic all the way around...hmmm lol they also had an evolve8 for 89.... But it had a scratch in it on the front pane. Ugh Haha well ain't that the truth. I actually am starting to learn the front desk, so maybe I can move up in the world to office assistant. :)

lol i think whatever tank you like would be awesome jade, plus... i'd like to see another build from you! lol :D

If you don't mind me asking... what did the tank itself cost?

It's priced at $99 at petco but it's $79 with the pals rewards card. Tho, my buddy gave it to me for $39.99 :D

It's Picture time!!!! :D

9054781328_280bde9b8f_c.jpg
Angel<3Nanos

Yay! And yea see but this one has no scratches, is acrylic and has a sump. Hard to beat that lol. Besides the evolve wouldn't fit in the spot I need the tank to go lol.

How true to life are the colors on your pics? That euphyllia is pretty. :) I want one for my mantis tank since I couldn't in my chi. I don't really care which, probably a hammer or frog though.

Angel<3Nanos

Yay! And yea see but this one has no scratches, is acrylic and has a sump. Hard to beat that lol. Besides the evolve wouldn't fit in the spot I need the tank to go lol. How true to life are the colors on your pics? That euphyllia is pretty. :) I want one for my mantis tank since I couldn't in my chi. I don't really care which, probably a hammer or frog though.

haha its so true jade, this tank it's pretty sweet! :)

And the colors actually pop more, it's just my camera that sucks lol

And hammers grow faster imo! get one! but the purple tip one! i love that one! lol

At my LFS, there is an octospawn im saving for! oh goodness cant wait!!! :D

Any info on these zoas?

oh you like these huh!?

They are super white! I think they are called white star palys. ill call my buddy in a second, im getting ready for this Mexico vs Italy match on tv! whoop whoop! :D

haha its so true jade, this tank it's pretty sweet! :)

And the colors actually pop more, it's just my camera that sucks lol

And hammers grow faster imo! get one! but the purple tip one! i love that one! lol

At my LFS, there is an octospawn im saving for! oh goodness cant wait!!! :D

oh you like these huh!?

They are super white! I think they are called white star palys. ill call my buddy in a second, im getting ready for this Mexico vs Italy match on tv! whoop whoop! :D

There's a gold hammer at my LFS...I want so baddddd lol

Cough cough OSU grad to be lol sorry to drudge that up, anywho.... Lol I love those white zoas, I've never seen actual white ones, just bleached ugly pale brown. You should frag those guys when you get a colony :)

Angel<3Nanos

There's a gold hammer at my LFS...I want so baddddd lol

OMG! ive always wanted one! only seen 2 of those ever. lol

Cough cough OSU grad to be lol sorry to drudge that up, anywho.... Lol I love those white zoas, I've never seen actual white ones, just bleached ugly pale brown. You should frag those guys when you get a colony :)

lol yep these white ones are so cool, never seen them before, i already have 3 ppl lined up to get a frag haha. hopefully they grow quick! :) they seem happy and they open up as soon as the lights are on! Actually they extend more but my crab was passing thru when i took this pic. lol but when i frag some, ill send you some jade! ;)

Archived