Pod Your Reef

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

ninjamyst

I HATE Chicago. Hate it more than I hate bryopsis or zoa eating nudis. I been trying to move but my condo is $150k underwater. We bought it right before the bubble burst. I LOVE Cali but my wife is all into guns now and the gun laws there are super strict. Cost of living is sky high too in the techy areas. We are looking into Texas or the Carolinas. We are scared Texas will be too hot, but the gun laws there are so liberal.

Edit: I love how things go on a tangent so easily in this thread =P.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I HATE Chicago. Hate it more than I hate bryopsis or zoa eating nudis. I been trying to move but my condo is $150k underwater. We bought it right before the bubble burst. I LOVE Cali but my wife is all into guns now and the gun laws there are super strict. Cost of living is sky high too in the techy areas. We are looking into Texas or the Carolinas. We are scared Texas will be too hot, but the gun laws there are so liberal.

I'll probably lose some followers again :lol::(

That's ok. So....let's all move to Austin, TX!!!! :D I would totally move there. Not sure I could get my husband to do it though.

FlowerMama

Little happens in NC. Western NC is cooler in the summer, Charlotte is hot in the summer.

They've had earthquakes, but rare. Tornadoes happen yearly, but nothing devestating yet, and definitely lots of thunderstorms. I'm afraid of thunderstorms now that I've been living here. They freak me out now and I used to absolutely LOVE them. Funny huh?

Austin is more southern. Move there, I'll go there too :).

Check this out :lol:

Yeah, that is funny lol. Wait are you moving away from cali?

There are frequent floods in Chicago? Carolina safe from earthquakes, tornadoes?

Yeah, that is funny lol. Wait are you moving away from cali?

There are frequent floods in Chicago? Carolina safe from earthquakes, tornadoes?

frequent floods lol

As long as you don't live in a flood plain, you'll be fine :). And that sort of thing is disclosed when you buy a house :).

What about west virginia? That's where you live right? I just want to live somewhere with close to no earthquakes, tornadoes, thunders. I probably wouldn't be able to handle cold areas because I'm a vegetarian, body tends to stay colder than before.

I haven't been here that long. It's really pretty in places, gorgeous actually. The summers seem mild and the winter was just enough cold and snow to look nice. I'm really enjoying the changing of the seasons actually. I've really only lived in Texas and California long term. Cali's great but no seasons and texas everythings dead in the winter, spring last a few weeks then everythings dead in the summer lol

ninjamyst

Only flood of gov corruptions...

texas everythings dead in the winter, spring last a few weeks then everythings dead in the summer lol

lol, that's a great way to put it

I haven't been here that long. It's really pretty in places, gorgeous actually. The summers seem mild and the winter was just enough cold and snow to look nice. I'm really enjoying the changing of the seasons actually. I've really only lived in Texas and California long term. Cali's great but no seasons and texas everythings dead in the winter, spring last a few weeks then everythings dead in the summer lol

WV sounds like an alternative to me then. You make it sound good lol.

Only flood of gov corruptions...

lol, that's a great way to put it

Oh I thought you said your condo was underwater, or is that some kind of metaphor you using lol.

ninjamyst

Oh I thought you said your condo was underwater, or is that some kind of metaphor you using lol.

When your mortgage is underwater, it means you owe more than what the house is worth. In my case, I paid $350k for my condo. It's worth $200k right now. So I am $150k underwater.

FlowerMama

When your mortgage is underwater, it means you owe more than what the house is worth. In my case, I paid $350k for my condo. It's worth $200k right now. So I am $150k underwater.

That happened to my brother's house in Phoenix too.

Ohh, damn that's a grip.. How did it drop to 200k? My mom's house, she still owes 160k....to the loan she took to buy the house. I'm going to help out with the mortgage pretty soon.

Not my pic but I'm hoping to go here after I do some summer term classes. New River Gorge are WV. Not too shabbyNew_River_Gorge_Bridge_zps9ad91a85.jpg

^ I'd like to bungee jump off that sucker

I bet they do it sometimes. I'd do it, never bungee jumped.

I still can't beleive that I won. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. The tank should be shipping out sometime after the 15th. I will start a new build thread once I receive the tank. I think I am going to turn my 30 into a macro/softy/seahorse/goby paradise. What do you think? If anything I just hope one of my tanks looks as gorgeous as your cube. Your pics never seize to amaze me. Especially your mandarin goby, super jelly of him.

Over to austin?

Maybe???? We don't know yet.

^ I'd like to bungee jump off that sucker

I bet they do it sometimes. I'd do it, never bungee jumped.

You guys are C R A Z Y :lol:

It's obvious who doesn't live in Texas :lol:

You know Texas :)

I still can't beleive that I won. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. The tank should be shipping out sometime after the 15th. I will start a new build thread once I receive the tank. I think I am going to turn my 30 into a macro/softy/seahorse/goby paradise. What do you think? If anything I just hope one of my tanks looks as gorgeous as your cube. Your pics never seize to amaze me. Especially your mandarin goby, super jelly of him.

It's so awesome!!! First Randi, and now you omgomgomg

Awww...thanks!!!! I love the idea for the 30g. Those types of tank always look amazing :).

There's one day a year when they allow BASE jumping off the New River Gorge. WV isn't much fun besides white water rafting and hiking. And no good LFS!

natalia_la_loca

Not my pic but I'm hoping to go here after I do some summer term classes. New River Gorge are WV. Not too shabby

New River Gorge is soooooooo beautiful. And afterward you can go to Biscuit World for lunch :)

Interesting side discussion. We are probably going to move to North Carolina in a few years to be closer to my in-laws.

Alot of beautiful countryside in WV. I have cousins that live there.

David

FlowerMama

Interesting side discussion. We are probably going to move to North Carolina in a few years to be closer to my in-laws.

Alot of beautiful countryside in WV. I have cousins that live there.

David

We'll be seeing ya then.

Archived