Innovative Marine Aquariums

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

New River Gorge is soooooooo beautiful. And afterward you can go to Biscuit World for lunch :)

Ohhhh...biscuit world sounds good :D. Who doesn't love biscuits? :lol:.
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhh biscuits are good! with some non-meat gravy and smashed potato. Good to go.

Or butter and honey on top...yum. I like biscuits and gravy too, with meat :). I'm hungry LOL. We're having spaghetti tonight. Meatless sauce...you'd like that Ben :).

Lolol I like the taste of meat don't get me wrong, but I've been eating meatless for a little over a yr. So used to it now, at least I can still eat eggs, cheese lol.

Spaghetti with tomato sauce and parmesan cheese mmm. :)

natalia_la_loca

Ohhhh...biscuit world sounds good :D. Who doesn't love biscuits? :lol:.

They are very, very good. And HUGE, lol.

Nanofreak79

Tried the new Taco Bell breakfast.....was decent, nothing to write home about. Don't think they serve any biscuits unfortunately.

FlowerMama

I'm getting hungry and it's 11 o'clock at my parents house. I already had a salty/sweet granola bar to stomp those cravings- didn't work. I love a biscuit that has the salty taste on top.

Gena, you have some good derailments on your thread: drinking, moving across the country to locations lacking disasters, Polish cooking, toning, and more food!

Let's talk garlic bread :lol:. My son is going to be disappointed I didn't make it tonight. But I got side-tracked. My mother-in-law called tonight and I spent a long time talking to her. Then she sent me this adorable link, live stream of baby owls :wub:. He'll have to make do with spaghetti and asparagus as the side :lol:.

http://cams.allaboutbirds.org/channel/43/Barred_Owls/

They are sleeping right now....awwwwwww.

Nanofreak79

Hmmmmm, garlic bread. We actually had spaghetti with no garlic bread tonight. Sad evening....

the only biscuits I had were McDonalds sausage and biscuit....I feel like I am missing out on something really good...

You are man, you are. Have you tried KFC biscuits?? Shiets gooddd!

FlowerMama

mmm. garlic bread, I like mincing up lots of garlic, mixing it w/ Smart Balance and then spreading it on whatever bread I have- you know, sometimes you have to do that if you're craving. I doesn't actually need to be the fluffiest bread either.

Let's talk garlic bread :lol:. My son is going to be disappointed I didn't make it tonight. But I got side-tracked. My mother-in-law called tonight and I spent a long time talking to her. Then she sent me this adorable link, live stream of baby owls :wub:. He'll have to make do with spaghetti and asparagus as the side :lol:.

http://cams.allaboutbirds.org/channel/43/Barred_Owls/

They are sleeping right now....awwwwwww.

Yeah garlic bread is a must with spaghetti. Mmmm

Nanofreak79
mmm. garlic bread, I like mincing up lots of garlic, mixing it w/ Smart Balance and then spreading it on whatever bread I have- you know, sometimes you have to do that if you're craving. I doesn't actually need to be the fluffiest bread either.
Smart balance? No, just butter, real butter. :)

You are man, you are. Have you tried KFC biscuits?? Shiets gooddd!
Throw some honey on them and I'll eat the shizz outta those. Popeyes has some good biscuits too.
jedimasterben

Holy mother of god spaghetti. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Probably my favorite of anything ever. Only problem is that my wife really sucks at making it. She changes something every time she makes it thinking it will be better or different (like using no spices, using xx spice only, putting chicken broth [wtf] as half the sauce, etc), but almost every time it just doesn't taste all that great. She also gets upset when I say her food isn't good, so I just don't say anything anymore lol. It does say something, though, that every time I make it (I make it the same way every time, because I know the outcome and it's always awesome) and she says it's really really good every time and usually goes back for a bit more lol. Haven't found a good way to tell her to just make it that way when she does it lol

Popeyes has some good biscuits too.

Hell yes they do! SOooo tasty!

My grandma makes biscuits from scratch, they're really awesome too.

Throw some honey on them and I'll eat the shizz outta those. Popeyes has some good biscuits too.

That's what I'm talking about....honey and butter....yum.

Holy mother of god spaghetti. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Probably my favorite of anything ever. Only problem is that my wife really sucks at making it. She changes something every time she makes it thinking it will be better or different (like using no spices, using xx spice only, putting chicken broth [wtf] as half the sauce, etc), but almost every time it just doesn't taste all that great. She also gets upset when I say her food isn't good, so I just don't say anything anymore lol. It does say something, though, that every time I make it (I make it the same way every time, because I know the outcome and it's always awesome) and she says it's really really good every time and usually goes back for a bit more lol. Haven't found a good way to tell her to just make it that way when she does it lol

Hell yes they do! SOooo tasty!

My grandma makes biscuits from scratch, they're really awesome too.

I don't make my own spaghetti sauce. It's always from a jar LOL. I do make my own sauces sometimes, but not spaghetti sauce. Never tried to make spaghetti sauce. Guess I should.

What is your recipe, Ben?

jedimasterben

I don't make my own spaghetti sauce. It's always from a jar LOL. I do make my own sauces sometimes, but not spaghetti sauce. Never tried to make spaghetti sauce. Guess I should.

What is your recipe, Ben?

Mine is from a jar, too, lol, so it's not really hard. I use 80/20 hamburger, spice it (I use a LOT of Everglades seasoning [a locally made one, I think you can buy it online now, though, it's really good] and garlic), and brown it in your sauce pan - but don't drain it! If you feel it is too much grease (it really isn't much, even with 80/20), then use 93/7 instead. Add your sauce (I use plain Ragu), and simmer it for as long as you can, I like to let it go for at least 2 hours or so, but if I can, I'll make it in the morning and put it in a crockpot and let it chill out allll day together lol. Then make your spaghetti and voila :)

ragu or prego?

Ragu all the way!

FlowerMama

I like the Barilla sauce. The others you mentioned taste too sweet to me. If I use butter on the garlic bread then I need to add salt because I like the saltiness of garlic bread, that's why I use Smart Balance- it tastes buttery w/ less calories.

Mine is from a jar, too, lol, so it's not really hard. I use 80/20 hamburger, spice it (I use a LOT of Everglades seasoning [a locally made one, I think you can buy it online now, though, it's really good] and garlic), and brown it in your sauce pan - but don't drain it! If you feel it is too much grease (it really isn't much, even with 80/20), then use 93/7 instead. Add your sauce (I use plain Ragu), and simmer it for as long as you can, I like to let it go for at least 2 hours or so, but if I can, I'll make it in the morning and put it in a crockpot and let it chill out allll day together lol. Then make your spaghetti and voila :)

Ragu all the way!

Oh, ok...I thought maybe you crushed your own tomatoes, etc. Kinda funny that your wife adds chicken broth :). I hardly ever do meat sauce. But I'll try that sometime. I use Whole Food's brand pasta sauce...Four Cheese flavor :). Trader Joe's has an awesome spaghetti sauce too called Vodka Sauce, that I buy. I alternate between those two brands.

I like the Barilla sauce. The others you mentioned taste too sweet to me. If I use butter on the garlic bread then I need to add salt because I like the saltiness of garlic bread, that's why I use Smart Balance- it tastes buttery w/ less calories.

I'm addicted to salt so I totally get this :).
jedimasterben

I, too, love the saltiness of garlic bread, it always bums me out when it's not there!

I prefer Classico's Four Cheese spaghetti sauce personally :) The Trader Joes Vodka sauce is always really good too for a nice change of pace. Gena, the topics on your thread lately crack me up.

jedimasterben

Oh, ok...I thought maybe you crushed your own tomatoes, etc. Kinda funny that your wife adds chicken broth :). I hardly ever do meat sauce. But I'll try that sometime. I use Whole Food's brand pasta sauce...Four Cheese flavor :). Trader Joe's has an awesome spaghetti sauce too called Vodka Sauce, that I buy. I alternate between those two brands.

I dunno where the heck she got the chicken broth idea from - it was flat out terrible. Even she didn't eat it.

The meat is really what makes it. It really doesn't even take much meat to impart a lot of flavor into it. I usually use 0.5lb of meat if I'm making one jar of sauce, but even with two jars of sauce it doesn't seem like there is a lot less meat.

I do also like the Publix-branded sauce, but always the traditional since I add a lot of the Everglades spice mix.

I'm addicted to salt so I totally get this :).

LOL me too!

I prefer Classico's Four Cheese spaghetti sauce personally :) The Trader Joes Vodka sauce is always really good too for a nice change of pace. Gena, the topics on your thread lately crack me up.

Four cheese is my favorite :).

Can't talk about reef stuff all the time LOL.

I dunno where the heck she got the chicken broth idea from - it was flat out terrible. Even she didn't eat it.

The meat is really what makes it. It really doesn't even take much meat to impart a lot of flavor into it. I usually use 0.5lb of meat if I'm making one jar of sauce, but even with two jars of sauce it doesn't seem like there is a lot less meat.

I do also like the Publix-branded sauce, but always the traditional since I add a lot of the Everglades spice mix.

LOL me too!

Next time I make spaghetti I'm totally gonna do it with meat!

I like salt so much my husband bought me a jar of pink mineral salt as a gift one time LOL. Maybe it was a stocking stuffer at Christmas? Can't remember. I like salt :). Trader Joe's sells a salt gift pack at Christmas time...I buy a few to use throughout the year :lol:

Here it is....

a2f02d00-506a-4b3e-bcd5-3459fba8628a_zps

I put the chili & garlic smoked sea salt in my chili...it's awesome. The only one I don't really use is the edible flowers sea salt....tastes like......flowers :lol:.

Archived