Pod Your Reef

Drift Monkey's ADA 60-P (Rebooted!)

Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey

Okay that should be about perfect, and nice pump btw, i love the Eheims :)

I've only heard good things...so I figured I can't go wrong! :)

The height looks pretty good on your 7g...maybe a tad more would suit me better. 1" below seems to be just about right I think.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah my 15 gallon is about 3/8" and my 2 gallon spec sits at about 1/4" from top, the 7 is a hair over an inch.

Drift Monkey

That Stand is teh sex.

Thanks! It turned out way better than I hoped! :D

Speaking of the stand...I wish it was a tad taller. I think the heater should be OK dangling from the return line..it's pretty light but we'll see!

969645_10151487092101137_312208202_n.jpg

I'm probably gonna drill holes on either side for the return lines/wiring to come out.

For those with MP10s...how do you go about mounting them? Double-sided tape? Velcro?

TheKleinReef

For those with MP10s...how do you go about mounting them? Double-sided tape?

they're magnetic, then you use the little clips it comes with as a backup incase it falls.

Drift Monkey

The driver guys...as you can see...the actual pump is already mounted. :haha: I thought that was obvious, guess not! :P

Drift Monkey

Picked up my Tunze Osmolator from Zack (nanoreefer11) today! I need to take pictures so y'all can help me set that thing up at some point as well too (make sure I have all the parts needed). It's the older type with the brackets and not the magnet mount...but I figure I'll just leave it if it works...it's gonna be in the sump anyway.

Zack's tank is awesome btw! :)

Drift Monkey

Wow this pic came out way worse than I thought, oh well, you can still see the components. Kitty checked it out too...(mostly attacking all the wires attached to this thing!) :lol:

944105_10151488592166137_1707521770_n.jp

All the main components seem to be intact although I'm not sure how I should be mounting the sensors to the sump. The current brackets or whatever have velcro behind them and that doesn't seem right. I think there's supposed to be a way to hook the brackets to the tank somehow, but I'm just not seeing it. Velcro ain't secure enough for my liking.

At this point...do I just buck up and grab a magnet mount or what? Also seems it didn't come with the pump tubing or mounting clamp...the tubing I'll probably be able to find but will I need the mounting clamp?

nanoreefer11

Picked up my Tunze Osmolator from Zack (nanoreefer11) today! I need to take pictures so y'all can help me set that thing up at some point as well too (make sure I have all the parts needed). It's the older type with the brackets and not the magnet mount...but I figure I'll just leave it if it works...it's gonna be in the sump anyway.

Zack's tank is awesome btw! :)

Thanks man! It was good meeting up with you again!

Drift Monkey

Your build is starting to pick up speed, trying to make up for lost time? lol.

I guess so? haha. I'm trying to figure out this Osmolator thing...might be some additional expenses...ugh.

Drift Monkey

Confirmed with Robert @ Tunze that I missing the clamps for the mounting rails, the tubing, and the tubing mount. Might just say #### it buy the magnet holders...

Drift Monkey

That sux.

Yeah, if it ends up being too much, I'm going to ask to return to the seller. Might not be worth the trouble for an older (2002-2006) unit. If the parts I have work right and I only haver to buy a fre things to get it how I need it...I guess I wouldn't care.

Drift Monkey

how much did you pay for it?

$105. A new one is about $100 more so I figured it might be a good deal...but now I'm kind of wishing I just bought a new one straight up.

Yeah, hell of a deal indeed. clamps and tubing shouldn't cost you that much.main component is the optical eye and pump.

Archived