Innovative Marine Aquariums

Drift Monkey's ADA 60-P (Rebooted!)

Drift Monkey

Deleted User 4

Lolol you actually eat that kind of stuff? Reminds me of the days I had to take tests with free trail mix provided by the side.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, definitely want a razor now haha. 1 question though. Have you played with the timer yet? When the fixture turns off does the LCD screen stay lit? My tank is in my bedroom as well and I hate excess light when I sleep haha.

Drift Monkey

Lolol you actually eat that kind of stuff? Reminds me of the days I had to take tests with free trail mix provided by the side.

Not really, it's just been sitting there to be honest.

Yep, definitely want a razor now haha. 1 question though. Have you played with the timer yet? When the fixture turns off does the LCD screen stay lit? My tank is in my bedroom as well and I hate excess light when I sleep haha.

Yeah...the timer is up and running right now. The LCD light turns off by itself after a while anyway. It faces away from me though, so I couldn't tell ya how long,

BTW, have you been watching the races here in Austin?

Very slick looking. I change my vote and I would say put it on the right.

Thanks PJ. Yeah the pic puts it into perspective a bit better.

Drift Monkey

I didn't. :P I think I ran out of food at one point so I started snacking on it. Haven't touched it since haha.

Yeah...the timer is up and running right now. The LCD light turns off by itself after a while anyway. It faces away from me though, so I couldn't tell ya how long,

BTW, have you been watching the races here in Austin?

Ah that's good to hear. Yeah mine would be facing away from me as well but blue LCD's are by far the brightest things. My brother has a Sony alarm clock with a blue LCD and it light his entire room up haha.

The races in Austin? I assume your talking about our V8 Supercars exhibition race? I did see the highlights but I don't believe it was televised live over here due to the time difference unfortunately, otherwise I would have watched it :(.

Drift Monkey

Ah that's good to hear. Yeah mine would be facing away from me as well but blue LCD's are by far the brightest things. My brother has a Sony alarm clock with a blue LCD and it light his entire room up haha.

The races in Austin? I assume your talking about our V8 Supercars exhibition race? I did see the highlights but I don't believe it was televised live over here due to the time difference unfortunately, otherwise I would have watched it :(.

It's honestly not too bright...and it tuns off until you mess with the knob anyway, so don't let that deter you.

Yep, that would be the one. It was my understanding that they just delayed alot of the programming but the actual race was live? Lots of Aussies in town for it, I wish I could go!

It's honestly not too bright...and it tuns off until you mess with the knob anyway, so don't let that deter you.

Yep, that would be the one. It was my understanding that they just delayed alot of the programming but the actual race was live? Lots of Aussies in town for it, I wish I could go!

As long as the light turns off at some point it doesn't bother me :P. TBH I wasn't aware that the race was on until I saw the highlights on the news this morning. I thought the race was taking place next week haha. I'm sure one of our channels would have had the race live or partially delayed, we do after all get some Nascar events live and every season race delayed.

nanoreefer11

Nice man! I'm excited for you to bring over that razor tomorrow. I've only seen one in person but it was on an LFS tank and they don't like you playing with their settings lol.

Drift Monkey

To quote myself:

That and I'm not EXACTLY sure how low to put it below the rim. I like a full, close to the rim look, but want to be able to stick my arm in with the return pump is turned off for maintenance, etc. GH's instructions say plan on the water level running 1/8” to 1/2” above the box...so maybe 3/4" down...maybe 1"? Not sure.

Any input here? Should be drilling in the next few days so I'd like to have a plan. Where my toothless overflow peeps at? :)

Drift Monkey

Mine is completely flush with the top of the tank and right up against the side wall

How far down do your teeth run though?

Water will typically be 1/4-1/2" higher than the bottom of the teeth. So if you want your water line to be at 1" from the top of the tank while running you would put the toothless overflow about 1 1/4" down from the top. Without teeth you may even be able to do 1 1/8" down from top as teeth restrict flow and raise level a bit.

Drift Monkey

Water will typically be 1/4-1/2" higher than the bottom of the teeth. So if you want your water line to be at 1" from the top of the tank while running you would put the toothless overflow about 1 1/4" down from the top. Without teeth you may even be able to do 1 1/8" down from top as teeth restrict flow and raise level a bit.

I see...well is 1" a good level to be below the rim? I'm not exactly sure what the ideal (if there is one) running water level should be, but I do like a fuller look compared to more of a gap...

I like really full tanks but it is up to you 1" looks good. If you plan on using an MP10 to make waves though i'd look at making it lower or you'll flood the tank like I've done on my 15 gallon several times lol.

Drift Monkey

I like really full tanks but it is up to you 1" looks good. If you plan on using an MP10 to make waves though i'd look at making it lower or you'll flood the tank like I've done on my 15 gallon several times lol.

Yeah me too! Might as well take advantage of the overflow and run full I say. What do you think it the highest practical running water level? Think I can pull off 1/2"? I guess that would put the overflow at approx .75" below the rim?

I'll keep that in mind with the MP10. I'll just move it lower or buy a shield if needed.

Drift Monkey

Alright, sounds good. Thanks for the advice! I know you've messed with overflows for quite a while, so you'd def know better than I! :)

Update your sig with your 7g!

Check out my 7 gallon zen video that is with the notch 1 1/4" deep, see if you like that water level.

Drift Monkey

What size return pump are you using?

Eheim 1250, rated at 317-315 gph (varying sources). I'll have about 3.25' of head.

Archived