ReefCleaners.org

Drift Monkey's ADA 60-P (Rebooted!)

Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey

Agreed. I like mine to flow from left to right but that's just a personal thing. Looks great man, you'll do well with a sump design like that.

Dang dude, I take a few days off to mourn my tank losses and you fix your ATO, draw up 3 sump designs and baffle them!?? You work fast bro.

Yeah, that one would have basically flowed from the sides to the middle. Left to right, right to left...doesn't really matter to me...my drain will be on the right so that's the way it's gonna flow! :lol:

4 sump designs! :P ...with my final one based off of the third design. It's been baking outside on my balcony for the last 48 hours so I'm assuming it has outgassed by now.

Should be drilling her this Friday! :D

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drift Monkey

So I just got done leak testing my sump baffles and whadayaknow...they have small leaks. <_<

Naturally I went to town with the silicone this go around (it got a little crazy) and now my hands are peeling like snakeskin! :lol: It ain't as pretty now, but at least the baffles won't leak...

Hobbesaurus

So I just got done leak testing my sump baffles and whadayaknow...they have small leaks. <_<

Sorry to hear you're having leak issues, at least you got it to stop though :)

The build is looking really nice! Will be following along...

Drift Monkey

Sorry to hear you're having leak issues, at least you got it to stop though :)

The build is looking really nice! Will be following along...

Eh, they were too thin/small, probably because I tried to make the seams too pretty the first go around. Not sure why I did that...the 10g AGA I picked up has the worse silicone job I think I've ever seen! :lol:

Thanks for the kind words...glad to have you along!

Drift Monkey

I really like your setup! Nice stand!

Thanks!

Another note...I wish this thing was up already! A local reefer has chitons, limpets, collonistas, and some mini brittle stars for me! omgomgomg

Drift Monkey

I wish this thing was up already too! omgomgomg

All in good time I suppose... :closedeyes:

I leaked tested my sump again today (after another 48hr cure) and... SUCCESS! :D I'll bake it on my balcony for another day or two anyways, just to be safe.

I should be drilling tomorrow afternoon, so stay tuned! :naughtydance:

Drift Monkey

Straight drilled it dawg! :P A local reefer ((Bio)³ on austinreefclub) drilled my tank tonight...everything went pretty smoothly if I do say myself. Big ups to him! B)

425185_10151507644911137_880228540_n.jpg

Dat glass-hole doe.

578319_10151507644841137_50672163_n.jpg

Test fitting the overflow box. Not too bad eh? Gonna tighten things up and do a leak test. The I'll hook up the sump.

We'll see how it all comes together! omgomgomg

Drift Monkey

How much flow are you thinking about putting through it?

Well the return pump is rated for 317gph or so (minus head loss). The overflow can handle up to about 300 gph....i'm not looking for a large amount though. Flow will come from the MP10.

Nice! What's that hole on the bottom right of the sump for?

Also are you going to paint the back?

Wires. I was gonna run everything out one hole, but I realized I'm gonna have a bunch of wires coming from both sides of the sump so I just drilled both sides for good measure.

Thinking about it...but I kinda like it how it is honestly.

601649_10151475049021137_1381623352_n.jp

Trimmed the Garden Mat and placed her on the stand.

943411_10151475049096137_672188331_n.jpg

Perfect fit, I'd say. :D

This just looks amazingly great. Checked out that stand and it looks like Ikea lists 23 5/8 " as the width while the 60-P lists 24" wide. Do you get any overhang at all or is one spec slightly off that listed?

Drift Monkey

This just looks amazingly great. Checked out that stand and it looks like Ikea lists 23 5/8 " as the width while the 60-P lists 24" wide. Do you get any overhang at all or is one spec slightly off that listed?

It fits up exactly. Both the stand and the tank run 60cm in length! B)

Silly question, but what do you have attached to your return pump in that picture? Looking good!

That's my inline heater! It's what I worried about not fitting...but I think how I have it just might work. :)

Debating if I should to a tap water test run. Either way, I gotta get my RO/DI up and running to make some salt water.

The other question live rock vs dry rock. I do have some BRS dry rock laying around...

Did you want that low of a waterline?

IMO thats a good water line! Mine is around the same height and I think it looks good!

Drift Monkey

Did you want that low of a waterline?

Sorta...I wanted it about 1" below the rim...which is pretty much is (might be 1/16" or so over). The box doesn't have teeth so...

DRY ROCK FTW!

IMO thats a good water line! Mine is around the same height and I think it looks good!

Thanks. I got some sand today and have been playing with my dry rock...if I can get my RO/DI up and operational....it could be wet tonight! omgomgomg

Sorta...I wanted it about 1" below the rim...which is pretty much is (might be 1/16" or so over). The box doesn't have teeth so...

Thanks. I got some sand today and have been playing with my dry rock...if I can get my RO/DI up and operational....it could be wet tonight! omgomgomg

errrr mahhhh gerdddddd!!! Its going to be a late night then!

Archived