Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Drift Monkey's ADA 60-P (Rebooted!)

Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey

BTW the lighting was super easy to set up. I have it set for 8 am sunrise (when I wake up in the morning) till 11pm. It's really cool to see the lighting gradually decrease 'till it's off. It's nice to not have to need a light timer for this setup.

So far I'm liking the color at 50/50...but that might change as I start adding stuff.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy s*^t dude! How did I miss all of this!? A razor?! You're outside your mind! He this thin wet already, center the overflow and do 2 returns like a real man would lol.

Drift Monkey

Holy s*^t dude! How did I miss all of this!? A razor?! You're outside your mind! He this thin wet already, center the overflow and do 2 returns like a real man would lol.

Dammit guys! Dual lily pipes? Really? That's double the cleaning! :lol: I don't need the extra flow or anything...I have a damn MP10! :haha:

Lololol you're going 50/50 already and there's nothing in it?? Save the energy man. Lol

Just a trial man...gotta test the new toys! :D I have the time points set up to ramp to to 40% on both channels during the day, fading out to off at night.

dude..I wanna see this Lilly pipe!! lol Have you seen the new "spin" Lilly pipes? They look pretty cool but I don't know if they're good for our tanks as they break up the flow. Cool looking though. lol

Deleted User 4

dude..I wanna see this Lilly pipe!! lol Have you seen the new "spin" Lilly pipes? They look pretty cool but I don't know if they're good for our tanks as they break up the flow. Cool looking though. lol

You have link to the spin lily pipes? I've never seen or heard of it...

Drift Monkey

If you look close...you can see it in my FTS... ;)

You have link to the spin lily pipes? I've never seen or heard of it...

8121857591_daa34091d1_c.jpg

They're used to slow down flow in planted tanks...they look kinda cool, but I don't think they're necissary for our applications. Plus the price is :bling:

(God I hate it when people record vertically on their phones! So annoying! <_<) Might be too small for my specific application as well.

Deleted User 4

If you look close...you can see it in my FTS... ;)

8121857591_daa34091d1_c.jpg

Isn't this just the regular lily pipes you see often nowadays? lol

Deleted User 4

I see it! LOL That thing is so nice and invisible. Is it the 13mm one?

Just get one of those knockoffs on ebay. :)

Drift Monkey

Isn't this just the regular lily pipes you see often nowadays? lol

Sorta...but it comes out in a swirl to reduce flow.

I see it! LOL That thing is so nice and invisible. Is it the 13mm one?

Yup...it's nice and clear. I believe it's 13mm, yes.

Just get one of those knockoffs on ebay. :)

Exactly what mine is! :)

Drift Monkey

Lol reduce flow? Doesn't everybody want more flow?

Well for us, yeah. A lot of times in planted tanks, you want to reduce flow a bit depending on the inhabitants...

P.S. - eating a PRIME grade burger right now...just for you!

Drift Monkey

Either right or left corner. Depending on the tank placement in the room

That was my original plan. Well, the tank to the left of my computer desk in my room, so I figure to try to funnel all of the wiring and stuff to the right side (in between). That way when people walk in all they see is the tank contents...or at least that's the idea.

I'll try to get some pics of my layout when I get home.

Deleted User 4

The razor looks great, makes me want one even more :D. Hmm razor or sol, decisions decisions haha.

Whichever is cheaper in your area?

I'd go with the razor lol. Not nano razor but razor. :)

Whichever is cheaper in your area?

I'd go with the razor lol. Not nano razor but razor. :)

Both are roughly the same price in my area which is much more then I want to pay haha. I am looking at second hand from the US to make it worth while. I would definitely be looking at a 20.5" razor. I want to get more then I need for my next fixture because I will be buying a second one to cover the new tank I want when I get my own place.

Deleted User 4

Both are roughly the same price in my area which is much more then I want to pay haha. I am looking at second hand from the US to make it worth while. I would definitely be looking at a 20.5" razor. I want to get more then I need for my next fixture because I will be buying a second one to cover the new tank I want when I get my own place.

Sounds good then. :)

Drift Monkey

Finally hung the light this afternoon...

945632_10151487091731137_255661827_n.jpg

942623_10151487091411137_2101587938_n.jp

Kitty checking it out...

537419_10151487091646137_2000154833_n.jp

My big feet in the reflection :lol:

522053_10151487091561137_1311851138_n.jp

You can kinda see my computer desk in my room...which is kinda why I want to put the overflow in the top right. Keep all the wires/clutter to one side.

537412_10151487091506137_2081217557_n.jp

Lights on as low as possible (A: 1, B: 1). Still came out crappy. :closedeyes:

969645_10151487092101137_312208202_n.jpg

Bought the sump tank today...test fitting a few things. See how long that heater is? :mellow:

Deleted User 4

Lolol is that trail mix on the table?

Tank looks good though.

Keep the overflow on the right.

Archived