ReefCleaners.org

The Innovative Marine Nuvo Index Thread

joel sandoman

O

My prelim stocking list is above but it could change since we have quite a bit of time before the tank/equipment arrives and we cycle. I did build the frame for my stand today. I am not sure how I am going to "wrap" it. Right now it's a bunch of 2X4s and a top. It was 110 in the garage today so I am glad to have that behind me.

Oh sorry i completely missed that in the first post, ocellaris clowns would probably do the trick they are hardy cool and economically friendly not to mention they will pair

If you do change your mind on the fish consider royal gramma, or a reef safe wrasse

And the best advice anyone can give is dont rush nothing good happens fast in a reef but usually bad things do. Read,read,read until you can't anymore then read some more trust me its whats helped me and I still don't have a tank (i did) but im dead serious when I say it makes a world of difference. Any of us hear will surely help with any other questions

• Like 1
We ordered the 24 with a Razor yesterday from Marine Depot along with all the other equipment. It should arrive in about a week so I have from now til then to build the stand. We will post pics and updates once we have water in the tank. Thanks again for the advice.

Great choice of aquarium and lighting option. You also chose a great company and Nano Reef sponsor when you ordered from Marine Depot. Looking forward to seeing how your aquarium comes together. Keep us all posted.

• Like 2

post-81248-0-36668600-1377431464_thumb.jpg

Here is my stand. I put this together yesterday. Total cost so far is $34 (Lowes). I have been checking out other stands on the forum to get ideas on how to finish it with doors. The tank and equipment is supposed to arrive by the end of next week so I hope to set it up next Saturday. I ordered the media baskets and fuge from StevieT in addition to the other equipment Egginis mentioned. Thanks to everyone for all the help and input. I had been on this forum for about 3 months before joining. I have learned a ton already and one of the things I "learned" is that these Innovative Marine tanks are awesome!

We will be taking it slow. I brew my own beer and wine which can be a long process so I am familiar with waiting for good things. :)

• Like 1

Here is my stand. I put this together yesterday. Total cost so far is $34 (Lowes). I have been checking out other stands on the forum to get ideas on how to finish it with doors. The tank and equipment is supposed to arrive by the end of next week so I hope to set it up next Saturday. I ordered the media baskets and fuge from StevieT in addition to the other equipment Egginis mentioned. Thanks to everyone for all the help and input. I had been on this forum for about 3 months before joining. I have learned a ton already and one of the things I "learned" is that these Innovative Marine tanks are awesome!

We will be taking it slow. I brew my own beer and wine which can be a long process so I am familiar with waiting for good things. :)

Love the stand! I really wanted to build my own for a 24 also but just didn't have the time. Taking it slow is good, I'm a little over 3 months in and just now have all the livestock I originally planned for and a couple corals. I still don't plan to move into LPS for another few months. There's really no wrong way to do it if you're having fun.

• Like 2
Breakthecycle2

Who else is going to get one of the new innovative marine shallow reef systems when they are available? They look amazing.

I am for sure. I am going with the 80 or 120 and will take down one or both of my 38's.

Who else is going to get one of the new innovative marine shallow reef systems when they are available? They look amazing.

Holy shit the 120 is gonna be like ####ing amazing. I'm definitely gonna jump on that. Who cares if it can't be sumped. You can probably put like 4 X In Tank baskets, 2 X Fuge basket, 3 X IM or Tunze Skimmer, 3 X reactors. OR Do all that and drill it to fit a 4 ft long sump in the cabinet. Ha super overkill. Guarantee billions of pods.

• Like 1
Breakthecycle2

I am 100% getting one of the SR models. I've managed to see one yesterday. Make no mistake, they are modern and top of line "looking". That being said, I have two Nuvo 38's that will be for sale.

My Innovative Marine 24 gallon tank and some of the equipment finally showed up. I am still waiting for the 27" Razor to arrive. I wasn't able to finish the stand this weekend so I haven't started unpacking yet as I don't want stuff everywhere. As I said in a previous thread, we have never had any type of aquarium so I would like to ask about what to use for filtration. Here is a list of what I ordered.

(2) InTank Media Baskets

(1) InTank Fuge

(1) Innovative Marine MiniMax Reactor (Midsize)

Tunze 9002 Skimmer with removable magnet

Eheim Jager 100 Watt Heater

Tunze 3155 ATO

(2) Innovative Marine Spin Streams

I have a 50 gallon per day RO system (no DI) with dedicated tap under my kitchen sink.

We plan on a couple small clownfish, maybe a wrasse, shrimp/goby combo, and as much coral (torch, leather, plate, zoa, frogspawn, hammer, Ricordea) as we can keep alive in addition to the CUC (Snails? Crabs?).

Based on that information and the above equipment what should I stock the media baskets, fuge, and reactor with?

Oh and 2 small occelaris or percula clowns would be you best bet get them around the same size while they are young (1 inch will work or smaller)this way they will become a pair more than likley . Dont get a sixline they become agressive, id get a royal gramma or firefish try a bicolour blenny they are so cute and are ine of my favourites

• Like 1

I have the Eheim Jager 100W and it is too big for the tank. If you want a 100 watt heater go with the Cobalt Aquatics Neotherm. Higher quality and it's short enough to fit in the 24. Also, because it has an integrated digital controller, it is much less likely to break in the "on" position like traditional glass heaters do. You don't want to cook your fish!

• Like 1

I have the Eheim Jager 100W and it is too big for the tank. If you want a 100 watt heater go with the Cobalt Aquatics Neotherm. Higher quality and it's short enough to fit in the 24. Also, because it has an integrated digital controller, it is much less likely to break in the "on" position like traditional glass heaters do. You don't want to cook your fish!

Thanks for the heads up. I have no idea why Marine Depot would sell me a heater too long for my tank. :( I will ship it back and get the one you mention.

Any thoughts on what combination of stuff I should put in the media baskets, fuge and reactor?

Thanks for the heads up. I have no idea why Marine Depot would sell me a heater too long for my tank. :( I will ship it back and get the one you mention.

Any thoughts on what combination of stuff I should put in the media baskets, fuge and reactor?

I'm relatively new here so this is just what I have read elsewhere. It seems like almost everyone puts filter floss in the media baskets. That combined with purigen, chemipure-elite, or both seems to be the norm. I don't have any experience with reactors so I can't help you there. Typically people put chaeto in the fuge which helps absorb nutrients and provide a place for pods. You don't need most of this stuff while you are cycling though. Maybe just the filter floss to help sand settle which can be found anywhere (walmart some say). I plan to order my chaeto when I order my clean up crew from reefcleaners.com

It will fit if you cram it in the larger area in the sump sideways, but it takes up so much room that way you couldn't run a reactor or skimmer in that chamber. You should run Poly Filter Floss, Seachem Purigen, and Boyd Chemi-Pure Elite. That's pretty much the standard filtration setup because it works so well. The Fuge should definitely just be Chaeto and at that point you might not even need the reactor. If you have issues with nitrates you can run biopellates and if you have issues with phosphates you can run GFO.

• Like 2