inTank Media Baskets

The Innovative Marine Nuvo Index Thread

joel sandoman

PS. If you do have too much light can it heat your tank (LEDs shouldn't be an issue) but corals can only use so much light and may bleach them

Well I just finished reading this wonderful sticky and would like to give a quick intro and hello. I've always been a saltwater guy but have never ventured to the reef side of the hobby. Before a got out of the military I had a 180g setup with a variety of fish and CUC I later converted to house a Grey banded cat shark and a marbled cat shark. Needless to say the upkeep and water changes were far more than enjoyable. I've made the decision to transition to the nano sector and couldn't be more excited to say the least. I've been strolling through the forums here for quite some time and a few other forums as well. I'm pleased to say this one will be my home. It's either going to be the IM16 or the 24 here in two weeks when I get off this rig. Downtime out here at work is giving me tons of reading time for the forums and I'm pretty excited, ha. Look forward to learning from yall and being around for a long time to come!

-B_beckler

Well I just finished reading this wonderful sticky and would like to give a quick intro and hello. I've always been a saltwater guy but have never ventured to the reef side of the hobby. Before a got out of the military I had a 180g setup with a variety of fish and CUC I later converted to house a Grey banded cat shark and a marbled cat shark. Needless to say the upkeep and water changes were far more than enjoyable. I've made the decision to transition to the nano sector and couldn't be more excited to say the least. I've been strolling through the forums here for quite some time and a few other forums as well. I'm pleased to say this one will be my home. It's either going to be the IM16 or the 24 here in two weeks when I get off this rig. Downtime out here at work is giving me tons of reading time for the forums and I'm pretty excited, ha. Look forward to learning from yall and being around for a long time to come!

-B_beckler

You will love either tank, since you have a lot of reading time research research research, I have 1200+ posts and I don't even have a tank, you will want to ask questions as we are here to help, I assume you know about cycling etc really the only differences are lighting flow and water parameters

Hello all, new nuvo 8 owner two weeks into it . Great little tank . Everything is running smooth with the stock options . But did add the Tunze ato and just order the inTank media basket along with filter floss purigen and chemi pure. Also order the nano box tide light but it's about 3 weeks out . Can't wait to start adding life to it !

post-83287-0-83855300-1391120837_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

IM Nuvo 8 Reefer!

Guess its time for me to start up my thread but will keep this brief as i have asked all of you soo many questions already.

My background was fw which i still run but got hooked on a You Tube video of the IM SR80 and decided to get into doing a reef. Being a little afraid of failing in sw as well as cost i decided to do a Nano tank and picked the Nuvo 8 back in the beginning of December.

Here is my build to date:

Hardware:

Innovative Marine Nuvo 8 in black

Replaced flare nozzle with Aqua Gadget Spin Stream

Replaced stock pump with MJ900, thanks Defender.tx for the advice

Replaced stock media basket with IM Custom Caddy, added ff, cpe & purigen

Added extra pump, Hydor Koralia Nano 240

Have on order from Ebay extra Skkye Light 8 watt 14k

Cycled tank in under two weeks with live rock and live sand.

Added CUC consisting of 5 Ceriths, 4 nassarius, 3 bumble bee & 1 Banded Trochus snails, no crabs on me!

Added coral over several weeks, SPS & LPS hard corals, various mushrooms, softies & polyps.

Just added a pair of Kooky juvinile Ocellaris Clownfish

Will add a few more colorful corals as frags become available where i live.

Will add progress pictures once thread is up.

Next will be building my own Nuvo 24 from one of my fw set ups!

post-82698-0-16026500-1391138609_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

IM 16

Stock filtration with added phosguard and seachem seagel. Also added some LR rubble and chaeto.

Light - IM 24" leds 1st 14K and 2nd 456nm. HD led for chaeto

Scape - 2" black live sand. 12lbs of live rock. 1lbs of lr rubble.

livestock - peacock mentis shrimp coming in 2 weeks

Tank is cycled and 2 clowns added for extra bioload. Making it move in ready for 4" Mentis.

Work in progress:

http://s879.photobucket.com/user/stark60/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02-02%2013.44.37_zpsrpxizzxg.png.html]2014-02-02%2013.44.37_zpsrpxizzxg.png[/url]

• Like 1

When i added my 240 to my tank it seemed to be too much, blowing substrate around and stuff. I had already upgraded the stock pump to a MJ900 and added a spin stream so i had tons of flow. But after adding it & tinkering around with the position i like having it, i don't think their is too much that you can put in your tank that wont like it. Maybe some other Nuvo 8 owners can chime in on their thoughts too but all my corals look healthy, my pair of clowns have paired with it so i cant take it out now!

• Like 1

When i added my 240 to my tank it seemed to be too much, blowing substrate around and stuff. I had already upgraded the stock pump to a MJ900 and added a spin stream so i had tons of flow. But after adding it & tinkering around with the position i like having it, i don't think their is too much that you can put in your tank that wont like it. Maybe some other Nuvo 8 owners can chime in on their thoughts too but all my corals look healthy, my pair of clowns have paired with it so i cant take it out now!

What setting do u have it at ?

Nuvo 8 question

Who's using the mp10 on the nuvo 8 and what's your take is it to much for it ?

I had one on my tank, but my rock flower nems hated it so I took it off. I'm doing rock flower nems and a few softies in this tank, so I probably won't need all that flow anyways. (I had wanted a gorgonian, so I might have to forgo that now.) BTW I swapped out the stock pump for a Tunze 1073.008. I still have the same return nozzle, the SpinStream gets mixed reviews so I didn't get one.

I had one on my tank, but my rock flower nems hated it so I took it off. I'm doing rock flower nems and a few softies in this tank, so I probably won't need all that flow anyways. (I had wanted a gorgonian, so I might have to forgo that now.) BTW I swapped out the stock pump for a Tunze 1073.008. I still have the same return nozzle, the SpinStream gets mixed reviews so I didn't get one.

How's is the flow with the tunze ? I have a maxi jet 600 but it's not adjustable and the clown and green goby didn't seem happy . So I have the stock back on

How's is the flow with the tunze ? I have a maxi jet 600 but it's not adjustable and the clown and green goby didn't seem happy . So I have the stock back on

I'm quite happy with the flow. Water movement is brisk and when I feed my goby the food stays suspended in the water column until he grabs it all. Also, the pump is quiet. My cat's water fountain is actually louder than the tank!