Cultivated Reef

The Innovative Marine Nuvo Index Thread

joel sandoman

i'm soooooo torn. I don't know whether to get the 30 or the 38......are you really able to put that much more in a tank? It is only about 4 inches longer. Also with the 30, i can get away with using the ai nano. With the 38 id have to spend more for the sol or the vega. decisions decisions lol

Go big or go home. Can you truly regret a bigger tank? I think you're more likely to regret going for a smaller tank.

i'm soooooo torn. I don't know whether to get the 30 or the 38......are you really able to put that much more in a tank? It is only about 4 inches longer. Also with the 30, i can get away with using the ai nano. With the 38 id have to spend more for the sol or the vega. decisions decisions lol

I wish I would have gotten the 38. You could easily light it with a kessil a350w. The width gives you a little more options for a better scape in my opinion.

Also, how bad is the stand for the nuvo 38? I've seen mixed reviews. But I also do not have the ability (nor the skill) to build my own stand. What other options are there?

Also, how bad is the stand for the nuvo 38? I've seen mixed reviews. But I also do not have the ability (nor the skill) to build my own stand. What other options are there?

I have the nuvo 38 stand for my 30 and I haven't had any issues with it. Other people have said its unstable but honestly mine is pretty solid. The only thing I dislike about the Stan is the limited space underneath.

Obsessed Reefer

I'm looking into an upgrade lighting wise for my 8G once it gets settled. I prefer 14-20K. What are some good LED bulbs or fixtures? I saw the Nano Razor that was just put up for preorder through marine depot, and it looks very nice, especially because I've seen the larger counterparts in person and really like them.

joel sandoman

I'm looking into an upgrade lighting wise for my 8G once it gets settled. I prefer 14-20K. What are some good LED bulbs or fixtures? I saw the Nano Razor that was just put up for preorder through marine depot, and it looks very nice, especially because I've seen the larger counterparts in person and really like them.

I like my AI Nano so far.

I currently have a 5'' Rock Anemone in my Nuvo 8 that is doing VERY well.....but I am curious as to if I can toss a Maxi-Mini Anemone in there as well? It would be replacing a Gold Aussie Torch coral.

Nanofreak79

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the nuvo 16 media basket from InTank fits the 4 gallon nuvo perfectly.

slaychild

Love this thread! I started my Nuvo16 about a month 1/2 ago, guess i'll need to get some pics together. it is great for ideas, anyone want to suggest a lighting upgrade or supplement for a $200 budget? was originally thinking about just adding a 3rd skylight, but really want something in the 20K range for a little more blue. have looked tirelessly and still haven't found something to grab my attention, actually looked at every listing for LEDs on ebay today...

Hey try Reefbreeders, they have one for $179 and it is 120w.

Mckinney0171

The feel that the stand is overpriced and very low quality. It is pure fiber board and will likely crumble if it got wet. I ordered one and it came in with scratches and broken edges all over the pieces. I would definitely not recommend the stand.

• 2 weeks later...