Coral Vue Hydros

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

Looks great! I love the reef pictures, they remind me of snorkeling in Hawaii and Guam on work trips in the past :)

Man I want to go back to Kauai. We spent two weeks there last year and going to St. Martin last week made me want to just go back to Kauai haha!

What is that light holder you're using? It's almost identical to something I would like to implement.

For the NanoBox over the display I used a length of conduit from a hardware store and bent it to shape with a hand conduit bender. The light over the sump is the stock light that came with my display Eheim tank.

CT yeah! I'm from Trumbull

Man I want to go back to Kauai. We spent two weeks there last year and going to St. Martin last week made me want to just go back to Kauai haha!

For the NanoBox over the display I used a length of conduit from a hardware store and bent it to shap with a hand conduit bender. Th e light over the sump is the stock light that came with my display Eheim tank.

CT yeah! I'm from Trumbull

That looks sick. Was it easier to get it all set up? I would love something like that.

Trumbull!!?? I'm out in Middletown. Maybe I can pay you for your time and materials to make me one!

That looks sick. Was it easier to get it all set up? I would love something like that.

Trumbull!!?? I'm out in Middletown. Maybe I can pay you for your time and materials to make me one!

Yes it was very easy to set up. You can purchase a conduit bender from home depot and then return it once you are done with it. Pretty easy to bend to your needs of you are handy.

Haha I'm from Trumbull but I live in Glenn Ellen, CA now so I think flying me out for this project would be a bit much :-D

Yes it was very easy to set up. You can purchase a conduit bender from home depot and then return it once you are done with it. Pretty easy to bend to your needs of you are handy.

Haha I'm from Trumbull but I live in Glenn Ellen, CA now so I think flying me out for this project would be a bit much :-D

Darn that would be too easy! I'll have to give the bending stuff a try then. Sounds like a fun diy. Thanks for the help! I'll throw some pictures after if I get it to install.

Darn that would be too easy! I'll have to give the bending stuff a try then. Sounds like a fun diy. Thanks for the help! I'll throw some pictures after if I get it to install.

Haha if I was still in the area I'd totally help you out. Just watch a youtube video and go crazy. Luckily conduit is super cheap so it's affordable to make mistakes! Looking forward to your pics!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh hey, I just noticed this tank turned 2 in March! Happy belated birthday tank

As for an update - I replaced the bearings in the MP10 and added some veggie glycerin to lube up the wetside - now dead silent! Also, the dosing is going well. The levels are now steady and I'm noticing improvement in the coral already. Not too surprising since I was pretty loose with the manual dosing and the kalk in the ato before that. Maybe I'll take an FTS tonight...we'll see!

• Like 3

Yesterday when I did a water change I cleaned out the sump a bit and saw how much detritus build up I had in the back. It's hard to get back there so I never really cleaned much but man it was gross. I decided to free up some space to make maintenance easier on the sump. I did some reorganizing and moved the shelf up as far as it could go. Really happy I took the time to do that - it makes a huge difference!

Before:

19301025394_e3e28520c2_c.jpg

After:

27440302280_9e2efeaa8a_c.jpg

I also decided that the bag of chemi-pure just hanging in the sump probably wasnt being utilized very well. Cut out a 1 gallon container, drilled some holes in the bottom and boom problem solved. Quick fix for the moment, I'll probably make something out of acrylic eventually.

27684394936_d9f8bf7b5a_c.jpg

Other than that all is well with the tank!

• Like 10

Happy belated tank birthday! I like the new sump arrangement. Now we just need a new FTS :)

Thanks man! I'll get that FTS up eventually :D

Great pics, beautiful tank

Thank you!

• Like 2

This one came out a bit dark and a bunch of corals were pissed after cleaning the glass but it's the best you're gonna get for now!!

27559035972_892e7466e6_c.jpg

• Like 12
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all! Long time no post!

I've been lurking around and became jealous of all these sweet tank lids. i've been rocking the glass top since I started the tank and always hated it. I almost pulled the trigger on having one made but decided against it thinking I'd just make one eventually. Well I finally got around to it and here it is! I went for the fishing line technique that I saw someone use on here and I love it! Pics of course

28674931811_3b001a4626.jpgI

28720627376_57fc005e32.jpg

• Like 3

Very cool design! Looks really neat and tidy with the fishing line.

yea I love it! I was going to do the rows in the opposite direction to make more of a mesh but I'd be impressed if something made it through the space between what I have now. Plus, I really didn't feel like threading all that fishing line again :wacko:

Great work Justin. As well I am sure this will help some with evaporation.

Yea better light penetration for my awesome fixture too! :lol:

Really though the evap that clung to the underside of the glass made for some weird lighting effects.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Nano sapiens

This one came out a bit dark and a bunch of corals were pissed after cleaning the glass but it's the best you're gonna get for now!!

27559035972_892e7466e6_c.jpg

Very nice! Has kind of a mysterious look. Could imagine a small moray peeking out of the dark lower right area ;)

Hey all! Long time no post!

I've been lurking around and became jealous of all these sweet tank lids. i've been rocking the glass top since I started the tank and always hated it. I almost pulled the trigger on having one made but decided against it thinking I'd just make one eventually. Well I finally got around to it and here it is! I went for the fishing line technique that I saw someone use on here and I love it! Pics of course

28674931811_3b001a4626.jpgI

28720627376_57fc005e32.jpg

That is awesome! You are so handy :).