inTank Media Baskets

ClayaLaLeona's 40 Breeder

Paandemonium

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-76586-0-14878200-1387390416_thumb.png

So, as per my anemone box should I get holes drilled in the bottom as well as on the sides? I was thinking of leaving the bottom alone. It looks awesome thus far, I think I'll be getting two built for me.

I'd leave the bottom solid so they are easier to remove from the basket when the time comes.

Blue xenia if you do decide to make that kind of filter although a good ol fashioned macro filter would work well.

[img=http://www.nano-reef.com/public/style_images/dimension/attachicon.gif] http://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=132302'>Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 1.13.00 PM.png

So, as per my anemone box should I get holes drilled in the bottom as well as on the sides? I was thinking of leaving the bottom alone. It looks awesome thus far, I think I'll be getting two built for me.

Most just build them out of needlepoint mesh from the craft store. I had one in my old frag tank years ago it worked really well.

I'd leave the bottom solid so they are easier to remove from the basket when the time comes.

Blue xenia if you do decide to make that kind of filter although a good ol fashioned macro filter would work well.

Yeah I went ahead and told him to keep it solid

Blue xenia because it sells better or blue xenia because it absorbs nutrients better?

Most just build them out of needlepoint mesh from the craft store. I had one in my old frag tank years ago it worked really well.

I know but since I decided against buying a new tank I'm spending the money in cute racks and nem cages

Hey clay. Just wanted to let you know the fruit loops are up to 12 polyps :)

They are growers!

So you are turning your current tank into a frag tank? Will this still be your only tank? I had to drag myself out of the LFS today before I bought a 5 inch green carpet anemone :).

Nah this will be my frag tank and I'll have a pico display with the nem and the clownfish!

Carpet nems are vicious! I'd advise against it :x

Nah this will be my frag tank and I'll have a pico display with the nem and the clownfish!

Carpet nems are vicious! I'd advise against it :x

yeah I know but it was purdy :). I still like BTA's better.

yeah I know but it was purdy :). I still like BTA's better.

Stick your hand in it and see if you still think so :P

Oh....that sounds exciting. What size pico?

Spec V, love love LOVE the look and dimensions it has just need to find it a bit cheaper. LFS wanted to sell me one for just $109 :)

Stick your hand in it and see if you still think so :P

Spec V, love love LOVE the look and dimensions it has just need to find it a bit cheaper. LFS wanted to sell me one for just $109 :)

I helped my buddy move one from his tank to another. I didn't give it much time to sting me but boy was it sticky.
jedimasterben

The worst offenders IMHO are rock flower anemones, the uglier the worse they are. Was trying to get some brown ones out a Fluval Edge a few months back and despite wearing latex gloves, those nems still stung the #### out my hands.

I havent posted on here in a minute... good things are happening. My frag rack came in, my anemone cages are getting built and some new equipment is coming in after christmas

Got 2 more heads heads of fruit loops since I posted. I've been dosing coral accel basically directly ontop of my zoas and sps and I had 2 more grow basically overnight. Now up to 14 :).

They're one of my favorite things in the tank. :)

Got 2 more heads heads of fruit loops since I posted. I've been dosing coral accel basically directly ontop of my zoas and sps and I had 2 more grow basically overnight. Now up to 14 :). They're one of my favorite things in the tank. :)

Buahahaha I'm buying some "Japanese deep water" zoas soon as well lets see how you like those

(we all know they're not japanese lol)

woohoo...another Spec V =). White or black?

I really just love the look of them :happy: Black on Black like Akon :lol: I'm ordering stuff from inTank friday to have it ready for when I get the tank. Just need to find a nice lighting system that I can live with or have someone who is not electronically tarded make it for me.... maybe a BML light with a dimmer

I saw a zoa seller actually put the name up as "deep water Japanese zoas" and actually put in a disclaimer "this is a name. I don't believe they are actually from Japan or deep water"

Making the arrays are easy. It's making an attractive housing that's difficult.

I really just love the look of them :happy: Black on Black like Akon :lol: I'm ordering stuff from inTank friday to have it ready for when I get the tank. Just need to find a nice lighting system that I can live with or have someone who is not electronically tarded make it for me.... maybe a BML light with a dimmer

BML was my initial choice too....then Dave at Nanobox convinced me I need a mini tide...I am such a pushover...

I saw a zoa seller actually put the name up as "deep water Japanese zoas" and actually put in a disclaimer "this is a name. I don't believe they are actually from Japan or deep water"

Making the arrays are easy. It's making an attractive housing that's difficult.

Yeah considering it's highly illegal to collect anything like that I really don't think they're Japanese lol

Ugh I know, I wanna have something at least a little cute

BML was my initial choice too....then Dave at Nanobox convinced me I need a mini tide...I am such a pushover...

Dave has some amazing stuff but for the price of many of his units I could get a barely used Radion and stick that over the tank. I want something moderately priced if anything I'll upgrade later

DO you still have that Purple Cap for sale? Let me know.

I'd never sell the whole thing lol but I will be fragging once my second frag rack gets here.

I never really realized how many frags I had until I put them on the frag rack.... The first one is already full lol. That one is the one for the colonies the next one will be for SPS and the next one will be for zoa frags/Growout/ healing. Ended up using the coral viewer my AMAZING secret Santa made for me to keep my shrooms in. Slowly started taking out all the sand and I realized why I was having a red slime problem; TONS of trapped detritus in the caves. My next display tank will have the LR on a platform or at the very least ill make sure very little of it actually touches the sand bed

Archived