Pod Your Reef

ClayaLaLeona's 40 Breeder

Paandemonium

Just shoveled all night long, slept for 2 hours and went back out to shovel again. I'm leaving work a little early to plow some driveways. Tonight is 3* and come Sunday/Monday well be up to the mid 40's and then another snowfall Monday night.

Work got about 9" and my house got 10-12 from what I'm told. Just used a blow dryer on my feet to warm them up :)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paandemonium

Just shoveled all night long, slept for 2 hours and went back out to shovel again. I'm leaving work a little early to plow some driveways. Tonight is 3* and come Sunday/Monday well be up to the mid 40's and then another snowfall Monday night. Work got about 9" and my house got 10-12 from what I'm told. Just used a blow dryer on my feet to warm them up :)

Thats freaking crazy lol yesterday it was in the 80s down here, today it dropped but still its nothing crazy like that. I LOVEEE seeing snow but the day I have to shovel it is the day that I move even closer to the equator lol

Gee 44° up here.

Psycho would know about Denver

Psycho is from denverrrr? :o Maybe I'll see him at macna lol

It is kinda chilly today; 66 x)

I honestly dont know how you guys do it, I would have moved back to regular weather areas years ago lol. Side note, do you guys know how Denver is in August?

It was so cold it actually feels warm, I just wore a long sleeve shirt and was good to go lol

Doesn't it snow year round there? I have a good feeling MACNA will be more then just a mile high this year tho ;) LOL

Paandemonium

It was so cold it actually feels warm, I just wore a long sleeve shirt and was good to go lol

Doesn't it snow year round there? I have a good feeling MACNA will be more then just a mile high this year tho ;) LOL

LMAO my boss said the ticket prices went up x)

- 40 below windchill here Monday. 15+ inches of snow coming tomorrow night with 35 mpg winds. Show me the money!

I dont miss goin out in that crap but days like that were always nice.... $$$$$

Paandemonium

- 40 below windchill here Monday. 15+ inches of snow coming tomorrow night with 35 mpg winds. Show me the money!

MOVE DOWN SOUTH

I dont miss goin out in that crap but days like that were always nice.... $$$$$

People actually paid you to shovel snow? lol

You need to give me more time chica... I don't always frequent your post.. didn't know u would be a LIC..

Its literally the one time of the year that I truly misbehave badly Prior to LIC id go to Dayglow its pretty religious I've been going since I was sixteen lol. I like it much better than Ultra cause its cheaper and theres not 10 freaking kids overdosing everywhere.... although there are no girls making out with trees(if someone hasnt seen the video please look it up lol). Having it at the stadium + rain kinda bummed me out for a little while but whatever

People actually paid you to shovel snow? lol

Yeah people are lazy/ don't want to get cold....... The least I ever made when I plowed was around $200-250/hr.

Paandemonium

Yeah people are lazy/ don't want to get cold....... The least I ever made when I plowed was around $200-250/hr.

ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME??

I gave a real good deal to a neighboring private road and got 50 bucks for 10 minutes of plowing. Usually get 50 bucks a driveway. Te rate my hotel pays for last nights similar snowfall is 1700 bucks, and if other trucks are needed, a bobcat is 200 an hour, pay loader is 250 bucks an hour, and a dump truck is 325 dollars an hour.

Salting is 400 bucks per application and 12" is $2000 plus 150 dollars per inch more.

Paandemonium

I gave a real good deal to a neighboring private road and got 50 bucks for 10 minutes of plowing. Usually get 50 bucks a driveway. Te rate my hotel pays for last nights similar snowfall is 1700 bucks, and if other trucks are needed, a bobcat is 200 an hour, pay loader is 250 bucks an hour, and a dump truck is 325 dollars an hour.

Salting is 400 bucks per application and 12" is $2000 plus 150 dollars per inch more.

Please tell me you guys are just f*cking with me because those prices seem freaking ridiculous lol I think I'm gonna start a freaking business up there....

BeardedReeferLLC

IT's true clay but its not you getting 250 bucks an hour your pricing out the machine your using. But you do make money from it but after maintenance/fuel costs come out but still good money.

Paandemonium

IT's true clay but its not you getting 250 bucks an hour your pricing out the machine your using. But you do make money from it but after maintenance/fuel costs come out but still good money.

Its not even that its the fact that people pay for that lol Last time I went up north my uncle got all five of his kids with shovels and was done with it lol

My stuff was all paid for, if your renting the equipment your doing it wrong ;)

And that was a minimum 200-250 in my pocket per hour, after fuel. Tires, oil changes etc. really aren't shit, but if you want to figure it in ok take off a dollar or two per hour lol There were different customers (I just did small commercial/ residential).... weekends especially sunday I didn't do much commercial because many would be closed, so those days were lower, but generally a driveway was 25-50 (seniors I'd hook up for 25, lazy asses 45-50... if it was super cold and people were out shoveling I'd offer to finish for 20-25. All those little ones easily covered gas and were easy, and often they would just start calling or add to my regulars list + get me out there more for lawncare too.... $$$ thank you :)), turn around or circle drive add 25-50, if I had to shovel add 10-15 (I'd pay a shoveler 10-15/hr depending on how much snow was on the ground, so as long as I had 1 to shovel per hour it was covered...). When I did commercials,the cheapest one was $150 for the 1st 2" anything over 2" was $100/inch, it was a small parking lot that held 10 cars and took maybe 10 minutes (and to make it even better she always paid cash) including running in to get paid. Most of the commercials were around 200-250 for 2", 150 each additional inch, but my favorite was a nice little 500 do it every 1/2- 1inch regardless of what we are expecting.... never took longer then 35 minutes. If I took a shoveler with me (which I usually only did if we had 5+"), it'd cost around 150-200 for the day, spend around 100-150 in gas. I probably spent more on hot cocoa and red bull then anything if it was a long cold day (I'd buy for the shoveler too)..... and could still bring in a minimum 200-250/hr on a weekend. During the week it was alot more with the commercials.

There is real good money to be made in snow removal, especially if you get the right accounts ;) But it can be some looooooooooooong ass days+nights, and you have to watch out for all the idiots that don't know how to drive in the rain let alone ice and snow..... but that can make some extra $$ too pulling morons out of ditches. LOL

BeardedReeferLLC

I understand the money game in snow removal I've worked for a snow removal company in Northern Canada. There is money to be made when it snows.

Its not even that its the fact that people pay for that lol Last time I went up north my uncle got all five of his kids with shovels and was done with it lol

Some people aint that smart.... and alot of kids are lazy these days. Besides if they won't do it, the only thing you can do is go to your room and cry now. If I was anything like the worthless kid next door my ass would still be black and blue lol

I understand the money game in snow removal I've worked for a snow removal company in Northern Canada. There is money to be made when it snows.

Exactly so I don't know how you said it isn't you makin 250/hr. I paid off my truck and new plow in one week of moderate snow, had it for 3 years completely paid for. Even the cost of the equipment was a minor setback in making bank...... and then I sold it and recovered a nice chunk of those "losses" because I took care of everything and kept it clean, which was still pennies on the hundred dollar ;)

Paandemonium

I think I'm gonna stick to nice ole Miami where all I have to worry about is hurricanes, getting eaten by sharks and having zombie people trying to eat my face lol

Updated CAR pics

11760412466_83bc253506_c.jpg
Getting a little bit of yellow in there Yay!
11760083734_bbbd7f1643_c.jpg
Paandemonium

I don't blame ya, we are lookin at 8-15" tonight- tomorrow night.

We got 8 yesterday

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

1 truck makes me 3-4K for 18 hours or it doesn't leave.

My stuff was all paid for, if your renting the equipment your doing it wrong ;)

And that was a minimum 200-250 in my pocket per hour, after fuel. Tires, oil changes etc. really aren't shit, but if you want to figure it in ok take off a dollar or two per hour lol There were different customers (I just did small commercial/ residential).... weekends especially sunday I didn't do much commercial because many would be closed, so those days were lower, but generally a driveway was 25-50 (seniors I'd hook up for 25, lazy asses 45-50... if it was super cold and people were out shoveling I'd offer to finish for 20-25. All those little ones easily covered gas and were easy, and often they would just start calling or add to my regulars list + get me out there more for lawncare too.... $$$ thank you :)), turn around or circle drive add 25-50, if I had to shovel add 10-15 (I'd pay a shoveler 10-15/hr depending on how much snow was on the ground, so as long as I had 1 to shovel per hour it was covered...). When I did commercials,the cheapest one was $150 for the 1st 2" anything over 2" was $100/inch, it was a small parking lot that held 10 cars and took maybe 10 minutes (and to make it even better she always paid cash) including running in to get paid. Most of the commercials were around 200-250 for 2", 150 each additional inch, but my favorite was a nice little 500 do it every 1/2- 1inch regardless of what we are expecting.... never took longer then 35 minutes. If I took a shoveler with me (which I usually only did if we had 5+"), it'd cost around 150-200 for the day, spend around 100-150 in gas. I probably spent more on hot cocoa and red bull then anything if it was a long cold day (I'd buy for the shoveler too)..... and could still bring in a minimum 200-250/hr on a weekend. During the week it was alot more with the commercials.

There is real good money to be made in snow removal, especially if you get the right accounts ;) But it can be some looooooooooooong ass days+nights, and you have to watch out for all the idiots that don't know how to drive in the rain let alone ice and snow..... but that can make some extra $$ too pulling morons out of ditches. LOL

Feb 14th 2003 I was gone for 4 days straight and running 4 trucks and 2 salt trucks. Feb 21st 2003 we got blasted again and I was gone for 3 days straight. I billed out 115 thousand dollars! After materials and paying taxes and help my business netted 66k in less than 10 days. Now I just go out with one truck and 1 guy. We do some parking lots and driveways and I usually gross 3-5k depending on the amount of snow. With this blizzard tonight I will triple that or stay home! Been doing it for 21 years and I know how to make money in the greens industry.

Archived