Top Shelf Aquatics

SNG's Reef Tank. 10 months old 2/22/2015

slowngreen

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
slowngreen

Thanks guys! The water stays really clean, seems to skim the top REALLY well without an overflow box and just the two drains.

And yeah gulfsurfer, kinda funny the only thing that is in this tank that wasnt in the 40b is two pieces of rock, everything else was squished into the 40b.

• 2 weeks later...
slowngreen

Thanks! Im building a new sump/fuge today out of my old 40b, move some of the xenia down to it so I can add something else.

• 2 weeks later...
slowngreen

Ok crappy pics and my light in my room burned out so its dark BUT here it is now with my 40b as my sump/fuge and alittle change in scape. Moved a bunch of xenia and gsp into my fuge... Still not getting the flow I want to keep detritus off the sand bad. Added a small 210gph for now but I will order another 800gph soon I think, that should be plenty.

http://s183.photobucket.com/user/slowngreen/media/IMAG0618.jpg.html'>IMAG0618.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

DAMNIT! My yellow tang died :( Im 0 for 3 with tangs. Ive had him about 3 weeks, looked perfect, no signs of illness, been eating really good, swims around and doesnt hide much but about an hour after feeding today I went in and he was stuck face first in a power head...RIP buddy.

Its a 800gph. Its actually very oxygenated at the moment, Ive been running a air stone for a couple weeks since running some chemiclean.

slowngreen

I honestly liked it better before the removal of the middle rock... but it still looks good! Very nice softie (for the most part) tank. :)

new fts. Changed a couple bulbs and my scape a bit.

IMAG0605.jpg

IMAG0606.jpg

I've been wanting to setup a 75 reef slope/wall tank, this is some GREAT inspiration! Softie/LPS dominant, lots of hiding areas, beautiful!

Very crappy picture BUT what do you guys think of this scape? I wanted to reduce it alittle so I removed a few rocks and most of my xenia and put them in my fuge.

IMAG0630.jpg

Still looks awesome!

slowngreen

Thanks guys. I think I prefered it the way it was too but wanted to try a new look. Still not settled on bulbs, the newest pics look too blue on camera but really good in person.

Archived