ReefCleaners.org

SNG's Reef Tank. 10 months old 2/22/2015

slowngreen

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intensity seems fine. Just hate the color compared to t5.

You're going to have to mix. LED for the shimmer, T5 for those colors LED's fail to highlight.

I know I know lol. I just havent had the coin to do so. Was hoping changing the layout would help, which it did but not much. I just may try to sell the led's and go back to t5's, I know them, I love them, their simple to get exactly what Im looking for.

Weird. Just put my canopy back on my tank and it looks great! Maybe I was loosing color out the top? Looks way closer to the t5 look I had.

Cant get a good pic though, got a new phone yesterday and the camera settings are VERY limited! Sucks!!! Dont get an LG Vista if you want good aquarium pics.

Said eff it and ordered t5's again.

Also traded in an old tank at my LFS and brought home another yellow tang, wish him and I luck! I really want a tang to live in my tank. Gave him a freshwater dip and he is already out and about swimming around, all the others would hide at first.

I will be yes, was running it until one socket quit, then I switched to leds and in the mean time I messed up the t5 fixture, so I ordered a new one the other day which will be here tomorrow. Just dont like the leds color, spent plenty already changing them to try and reach the t5 color without having to add t5's for suppliment and never reached that goal.

Also found out today my new phone actually takes pretty good close up pics just not the greatest FTS.

http://s183.photobucket.com/user/slowngreen/media/random%20stuff/20141016_153708_HDR.jpg.html'>20141016_153708_HDR.jpg

Three of the "moonlight leds" went out in the 1st 6 months or so but the rest kept working. I wouldnt hesitate recommending them especially if you cant afford the "big brands".

• 2 weeks later...

Back to good ol t5's. Also using camera360 for android, which allows for changing of settings which my LG lacks. Alittle saturated but pretty close.

C360_2014-10-25-14-33-24-964.jpg

^^^besides that, how well do most sps handle shipping? Green slimer for example? Im trying to decide between buying online or driving.

SPS from a quality vendor ships well. If they ship next day early delivery you can have it floating in the tank in less then 24 hours. I usually come home for lunch to pick up the shipment and float the bags, then dip and place that evening.

Been since august when my spaghetti leather bleached out after new bulbs. Still no color has come back. Have full extension but just no color gain at all.

Think if I put him in my 5g under my Nanobox led he might color back easier?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The camera phone I was trying to use has zero setting, either auto or nothing lol so it cant adjust to the lighting. Luckily I picked up a canon 4000 for $50 and it does great.

Lost a couple sps after a power outtage last week. Tank got real cold but other than that couple sticks, everyone else came back good. I just wasnt prepared for it.

Archived