Top Shelf Aquatics

ArabTanker's Next Chapter - Photo Dump On Every Page

ArabTanker

This is epic brother. Can't wait to see it done.

I'll do build photos of the custom chameleon furniture/cage I'm making for Action Jackson :)

Thanks man. And I'm looking forward to it.

Kole Tang still has spots on it... I'm guessing that isn't good.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kole Tang died on Friday. I found him when I walked into the house with the copper medication in hand.

I placed my black and white clown and sapphire damsel in the qt tank. The damsel died the same day I put him in the qt. He had no signs of ich. The clown is covered in spots. Literally covered. I have no idea how he is surviving. Breathing is rapid and he's having trouble swimming.

And I still can't catch the ####ing wrasse. Damn it.

Ben advised that I run carbon and use a different medication that isn't as hard on the fish.

I now have 3 chromis, a Tomini tang, and a regular clown with the b&w.

Placing the order for the recommended treatment tonight.

This sucks. I want to blame this on anyone/anything - but it's all my fault.

treat them all and continue to qt any future fish.wish i had some cool guru words for you but i dont. :(

That's the plan bud.

Well. I guess everyone would be doing this if it was all sunshine and rainbows. I just feel bad for the fish.

20150814_181256_1.jpg

20150816_235600.jpg

20150817_234835.jpg

All dead.

My room has been taken over by tank stuff. Theres a hospital tank and the new cube currently running in my bedroom.

20150820_200317.jpg

20150820_200326.jpg
20150820_200335.jpg
I aquascaped the cube. What do you guys think? It will house a corkscrew anemone, a pair of pistols, rock flower anemones, and macro algae. Maybe a small fish.
20150820_203455.jpg
Uh. Guys. What is this stuff? It's kind of taking over.
20150820_184609.jpg
20150820_182903.jpg
And I got the medication for the hospital tank today. I'll start treatment tomorrow morning.
20150820_203511.jpg

I liked only for the last parts. Sucks man :(

:unsure: It does suck. Thanks for your help through the process though. I really do appreciate it. I will follow your recommendations and double the dose.

Any idea what that stingy shit is all over my tank? I feel like you would know.

I added the treatment this morning. Now my Tomini Tang is showing spots and flashing. It has a good amount of spots. WTF is going on? Can anyone help me with this?

It sounds like a major infestation. Ick lives in the gills of the fish, the only time you see it on the body is if the gills are simply saturated with the parasite. They migrate to the body to have a host. Given the severity of the outbreak on your other fish, it is inevitable that the spots will show up on other fish. The spots usually fall off at night so hopefully the Tomini will feel better by morning. But it's not getting rid off that easily. You have to stay the course.

I didn't know you were going to put new fish in with the infected ones. :( would have said something.

Till the parasite is killed, any fish you have will show spots.

FFS. The brand new Ehime heater I have in the QT wasn't working until I moved it a bit. I cant catch a break.

I mentioned a few times that all the fish were in the same tank. No one advised me not to. I added a phantom clown last night too. There was always a presence of copper in the water so I didn't think they would reproduce.

This is a nightmare. I'm just about ready to call it quits on fish if these guys die.

jedimasterben

In these photos, you're more than likely dealing with Brooklynella hostilis and not ich. Similar life cycle but much more prolific. Luckily, CP can take it out just as easily.

Archived