Cultivated Reef

ArabTanker's Next Chapter - Photo Dump On Every Page

ArabTanker

Thanks for the support guys.

I just really don't understand how this keeps coming back while the tank is being treated. It just doesn't add up to me. Am I missing something? There is no carbon running. I only add prime and food. And I monitor ammonia daily.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp. All the fish died in August. I think the list is a black and white clown, regular clown, phantom clown, kole tang, another tang I cant remember the name of, and 3 blue green chromis.

Haven't added anything to the tank since for a few reasons. Deciding to take a break from fish and being too broke to buy anything is among it.

50g has been on auto pilot for months now. About 5 months and only one water change. I'm seeing the best growth I've ever had. So I am very very very thankful for that. Even my SPS is thriving - I've always had trouble with them. I'm a pretty firm believer in the auto pilot method. Just let everything be and the tank will regulate it's self.

I moved the little 12" cube to the stand I made for it a few pages back. It's actually shaping up to be a really good looking tank. I'm only adding things from the 50g. So theres only a RFA (bought for the tank a while back), some pallys, and a snipping of a Kenyan Tree.

I plan on buying 4 or 5 blue green chromis for the 50g some time this week. Theres no way whatever was killing my fish is still in my system after 5 months. Well. I pray to God I'm right.

Post pictures. How is the leptastrea?

Cant. Photobucket started pushing ads via their mobile app. So I deleted it and refuse to use it. I'll re install once they cut the bullshit. :)

It's well. I think. IDK. I havent moved it since I bought it. Haha.

• 2 months later...

You're alive!

I mean, the tank is alive!

Heard some butt slapping noises. WTF.

Where are the cute kitties?

We had a fish nerd lunch the other day, didn't know if you were alive.

I am alive!

The tank is alive!

;)

Kitties have been banished to my dad's warehouse, unfortunately.

Hope you guys had fun. :)

The video was nice. It looks like the tank is doing well.

Thank you. It's been on autopilot for a while now. I just top off and sometimes add kalk to the top off bucket.

I love that toadstool!!!!! You should let me buy the baby from you :).

What Gena wants, Gena gets.

What Gena wants, Gena gets.

That's just too easy LOL. But I will seriously buy it from you if you want to ship it out. I like that toadstool better than the one I picked up :).
  • 2 weeks later...

That's just too easy LOL. But I will seriously buy it from you if you want to ship it out. I like that toadstool better than the one I picked up :).

I'm sorry Gena. That toadstool actually has sentimental value to it. It's my mom's favorite coral. And I'm a mommy's boy. So, I cant let it go. I know who I bought it from though. I can see if he has another like it. I know he had some in other tanks.

I'm sorry Gena. That toadstool actually has sentimental value to it. It's my mom's favorite coral. And I'm a mommy's boy. So, I cant let it go. I know who I bought it from though. I can see if he has another like it. I know he had some in other tanks.

Awwww....that's ok :flower:.

Definitely let me know if he has others available. I don't want a full size...just a little frag like the size of the one on your sandbed. Thank you :).

Awwww....that's ok :flower:.

Definitely let me know if he has others available. I don't want a full size...just a little frag like the size of the one on your sandbed. Thank you :).

:) Me too!

• 2 months later...

I can finally keep SPS alive. And not only alive. But they're growing really fast.

How'd that happen?

ArabTanker

How'd that happen?

It was a really hard, seriously. A lot of dedication to keeping water parameters up to par and keeping up with water changes.

It was a really hard, seriously. A lot of dedication to keeping water parameters up to par and keeping up with water changes.

I'm sure and that's awesome! something to be proud of, Sherif. But you do know you need to post photos, right? :lol:

jedimasterben

How'd that happen?

he shows the tank his butt every night. It keeps them scared into growing.

ArabTanker

I'm sure and that's awesome! something to be proud of, Sherif. But you do know you need to post photos, right? :lol:

No I'm just messing with you. I just let the tank ferment in it's own filth. I've done one water change (yesterday) in the past 6 months. Apparently that's what works for me. The tank has a shit load of algae too. And it's not just SPS. Since I've started neglecting it everything has taken off. I love it.

I think the key is to just let everything be. Don't touch anything. All I've been doing is topping off manually because I'm too lazy to set up the ATO again. So I'm not even dosing kalc anymore haha.

he shows the tank his butt every night. It keeps them scared into growing.

You figured me out.

ArabTanker

20160512_174906.jpg

20160512_174910.jpg

20160512_174923.jpg

20160512_174918.jpg

20160512_174936.jpg

This is from when I first got the birdsnest and acro last year:

20150308_143059.jpg

And the day I got the fuzzy stick maybe 3 years ago:

IMAG0894.jpg

ArabTanker

Dude! You have a tank?

Haha. What? I've had a tank running for the past 3 or 4 years now.

Archived