Coral Vue Hydros

StevieT's Nuvo 16 Experience

StevieT

Still a phenomenal build here... Did you get your handle for the reservoir pull out at Lowes? I'm pretty sure I got the same ones for my kitchen.

Handle came from la Home Depot.

Answered the rest on your thread, sorry didn't see this sooner.

How do you like the InTank media baskets? Just picked them up on a FS thread.

Also in your write up you took out the stock "Y" from your return pump. Do you like this setup better? Are you running two pumps now?

hehe. I really like them, they are well made but the customer service from their company is really shitty. I wanted one, and I had to walk over to a shelf and pick them up. They didn't ship to my door or anything, talk about crappy service I had to go get them myself. I don't' know, my water seems wetter with their products, but I think that is a marketing gimmick of theirs.

I ran the stock pump when mixing salt in the tank, then put the two Eheim's in when I set it up. So I really don't know what is better, as I never ran the Y. I know I have a lot more room in that chamber now for other things, say a skimmer someday if I don't want to use their unit. Without the Y seems a lot better to me, and I can control the pumps individually with the RKL.

oh, and if you didn't get the humor from my bonehead customers responding, I am inTank. :) And this IM16, is in the inTank global headquarters.

• Like 5
RedDevil.258

Handle came from la Home Depot.

Answered the rest on your thread, sorry didn't see this sooner.

hehe. I really like them, they are well made but the customer service from their company is really shitty. I wanted one, and I had to walk over to a shelf and pick them up. They didn't ship to my door or anything, talk about crappy service I had to go get them myself. I don't' know, my water seems wetter with their products, but I think that is a marketing gimmick of theirs.

I ran the stock pump when mixing salt in the tank, then put the two Eheim's in when I set it up. So I really don't know what is better, as I never ran the Y. I know I have a lot more room in that chamber now for other things, say a skimmer someday if I don't want to use their unit. Without the Y seems a lot better to me, and I can control the pumps individually with the RKL.

oh, and if you didn't get the humor from my bonehead customers responding, I am inTank. :) And this IM16, is in the inTank global headquarters.

Ohhh fancy! I'm still not impressed however.....I need freebies to sway my gratittude! LMAO :)

Well I am glad to me you, build looks great and I am going to try your method and see how it works!

You had to walk over and get one? What kind of assistants do you have working there?

You are the president of inTank. Your biggest decision should be blonde or brunette and which island to spend the weekend on.

• Like 1

Hey Stevie, u got a hook up to pre-order the nuvo 24? Maybe a package deal with some baskets?

To further jack this thread...

NO! They need to get the JBJ baskets out first. :D

Hey Stevie, u got a hook up to pre-order the nuvo 24? Maybe a package deal with some baskets?

Nah, everyone will have them at the same time. The IM30/38 baskets will fit that aquarium though.

• 3 weeks later...
I probably completely missed this on the thread but....did you build that stand? I'm looking for a stand for my Nuvo 16 without much luck.

Nope. It's the IM38 stand. They didn't make one for the 16 but the 38 is the same width.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

the fancy characters in your thread title is preventing me from reading the thread, at least on Firefox. When trying to change pages I get a re-direct error.

Ahhh. Thanks.

I am getting that as well, I couldn't get back into here until you posted. I sent a note to Chris. I've been using the alt characters for years so I don't think it's that, maybe so they keep disappearing now. But since I am back in here maybe the server error has passed.

Stevie, how do u like the RKL? I hear that the Apex Jr is so much better but do u think its really worth the extra $110?

The RKL almost ended my RSM with a temp probe failure. Now there are other backups you have to manually program yet didn't know that at the time. I have never used an Apex but would buy one next. The RKL does the trick, just have a sour taste in my mouth from that incident and how they handled it.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/221476-you-reef-keeper-temp-probe/

Kfmmartin19

The RKL almost ended my RSM with a temp probe failure. Now there are other backups you have to manually program yet didn't know that at the time. I have never used an Apex but would buy one next. The RKL does the trick, just have a sour taste in my mouth from that incident and how they handled it.http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/221476-you-reef-keeper-temp-probe/'>http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/221476-you-reef-keeper-temp-probe/

Bummer. K good to know

P.S. thanks for the Swedish fish

• Like 1

The RKL almost ended my RSM with a temp probe failure. Now there are other backups you have to manually program yet didn't know that at the time. I have never used an Apex but would buy one next. The RKL does the trick, just have a sour taste in my mouth from that incident and how they handled it.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/221476-you-reef-keeper-temp-probe/

How would you add a 2nd temp probe to try and avoid this? Ambient temp in the room my tank is in is always in the mid 70's but still this scares me.

How would you add a 2nd temp probe to try and avoid this? Ambient temp in the room my tank is in is always in the mid 70's but still this scares me.

You don't need a second probe. There is an automatic override option in the programming. It is listed later in that thread linked above. So the heater will be I and rely on its own thermostat in case of this error. Problem IMO is it should come as a factor default, don't know about today but the directions that came with mine were only about 3 pages.

• 1 month later...