Innovative Marine Aquariums

StevieT's Nuvo 16 Experience

StevieT

Cabinet lighting:

I have a part coming on Wednesday. The lights will turn on automatically when the door is opened. Need to pick up a third LED for under the shelf on the left.

IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6231.jpg

IMG_6232.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

Will update one magnetic door switch is installed

Mounting RKL head unit into door:

IMG_6234.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_6238.jpg

What a mess

IMG_6239.jpg

No pain no gain

IMG_6240.jpg

Mounting and wiring:

IMG_6241.jpg

IMG_6242.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

IMG_6244.jpg

IMG_6245.jpg

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6247.jpg

IMG_6248.jpg

Custom faceplate:

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6250.jpg

IMG_6252.jpg

IMG_6253.jpg

• Like 2

Nice new tank. About time you got rid of that POS RSM. Did you loose your black and white clown?

She died a few years ago. Came home and she was barely alive in the surface skimmer. She became Milorganite and now is on my lawn.

I should have gotten another one but wanted to do something different. I really like them. She was the logo for inTank I took a picture of her and digitally traced the shape.

My black and white looks like yours. I have had her 5 years. She was 2 years old when I got her.
Link me a pic of your clown. I couldn't find it in your tank thread.

It's too bad you can't DIY anything...:)Great job on this!
I just take pictures. The hired help do the actual work.

So my sales rep from IM calls me today. In the course of the conversation he mentions they are dropping a new tank. Same huge rear chambers like the IM 30 & 38 yet 12" longer than the IM 16. So it's like the 16 only longer. WTF I say should have waited another month to set up the inTank office aquarium........ Grrrrr

Interesting, so the 16 is 24" already I think. I wonder if that means they're going to offer a 36" under 20 gallons?

SouthFlorida_Tron

lol, i wish i was design inclined to be able to maintain wires... every time i try i just ziptie every thing together, its clean, then later when i need to move or swap one, i have to unzip them all laf...... :ninja:

love the new look!

• Like 2

Interesting, so the 16 is 24" already I think. I wonder if that means they're going to offer a 36" under 20 gallons?

He mentioned it will be like 24 gallons. It will have deeper chambers like the 30 & 38. I didn't ask many details it was more like hey Steve, were coming out with a new tank and you don't have to create a new pn for a basket so lets all hold hands.

I want one of these, link please

I had three in my parts bin for years. Finally found a use. I think they came with a tv. Check electrical areas of a hardware store or interweb.

lol, i wish i was design inclined to be able to maintain wires... every time i try i just ziptie every thing together, its clean, then later when i need to move or swap one, i have to unzip them all laf...... :ninja: love the new look!
Use Velcro strips. You can wrap the cords tight but if you need to undo it's a snap, and easy to bind back up. http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Reusable-Self-Gripping-Inches-90924/dp/B000F5K82A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1361725740&sr=8-3&keywords=velcro+cord+wraps
SouthFlorida_Tron

thanks, i will give it a try!...

its difficult for me because my tank is on a Ikea bookshelf with 4 open square holes for decor, and 4 slots under those but with baskets... the top 4 have a bunch of decor and stuff inside but you can still see wires everywhere behind, especially in the far right one where my mp10, tunze, and dj strip are located lol

SouthFlorida_Tron

well this was a spur of the moment thing after visiting a LFS one random day, and this bookshelf was already in our house. and when i got the bug, i started with that biocube 14, remember?? lol

then i had Chris @ pico build me a custom rimless to fit on the same bookshelf... the next tank is a much larger rimless with stand and sump...

Magnetic Switch Install:

Screw waiting for the magnetic switches to arrive. I noticed that the ADT security system from the previous tenants use the same thing. You never know what you can find when you look around.

IMG_6254.jpg

Both of these wires are negative. One goes to the transformer and the other to the negative wires of the lights. The positive wires are all hooked together.

IMG_6256.jpg

IMG_6257.jpg

IMG_6259.jpg

IMG_6260.jpg

IMG_6261.jpg

IMG_6262.jpg

• Like 4

In other news my cousin was at his job interview today.

The results look very promising

20130224_103703.jpg

tjmoegrab.gif

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/2/24/4025328/2013-nfl-combine-t-j-moe-40-shuttle-3-cone-bench-press

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200505181459585&set=vb.1459156670&type=2&theater

• Like 2

Sliding ATO reservoir install:

I don't know why I did this, but I was sick of sliding out my last reservoir on the RSM. This took way too much time to build, tight spaces are hard to get power tools to fit into and it's totally custom. Still at the office at 9pm on a Sunday....

Should pay off in the end, much easier to fill this way.

Need to give it a coat of paint and include a handle on the front.

IMG_6263.jpg

IMG_6264.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

Spacer board installed and painted. Need this since the door when open is in the way

IMG_6266.jpg

IMG_6267.jpg

IMG_6269.jpg

Auto soft closing mechanism:

IMG_6270.jpg

IMG_6271.jpg

IMG_6272.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Steve! Very nice build. I see your business has been doing quite well. Congratulations man.

Good to hear from you again! Thanks, haven't ran it into the ground yet.

CarterNichols

Good to hear from you again! Thanks, haven't ran it into the ground yet.

Ha, I think you've got the hang of it! I have finally settled down in a place and am picking the hobby back up.