Pod Your Reef

StevieT's Nuvo 16 Experience

StevieT

+1 awesome idea on the ATO reservoir pull out!

Tank is looking nice too. Sucks you had to cut your nice cap up, fortunately they grow quickly and it might even spur some neat growth formations.

Ha, I think you've got the hang of it! I have finally settled down in a place and am picking the hobby back up.
Funny, me too

+1 awesome idea on the ATO reservoir pull out! Tank is looking nice too. Sucks you had to cut your nice cap up, fortunately they grow quickly and it might even spur some neat growth formations.
That's the hope with the formations. It's a weed. This was almost dead a few years ago with a temp issue. It started over from the size of a quarter.

I noticed that the ADT security system from the previous tenants use the same thing. You never know what you can find when you look around.

Hmmm....so your saying inTank has no alarm system. <_< Where can I rent a van.

If I get caught, maybe I can be Blago's cell mate.

Hmmm....so your saying inTank has no alarm system. <_< Where can I rent a van.

If I get caught, maybe I can be Blago's cell mate.

We have conceal and carry.

Say Hi to my buddy when you see him. Maybe you can run into Jackson Jr. as well

• Like 1

We have conceal and carry.

Say Hi to my buddy when you see him. Maybe you can run into Jackson Jr. as well

Not sure when Triple J will be going to jail. According to the news, since both him and his wife were convicted, they may suspend the start of one of the parents jail time until one is completed as to not disrupt the children's lives too much. Funny how they do that crap with politicians.

George Ryan is back home now. Spent a couple hours in the half way house and they decided he was ok going home. Maybe I'll stop by and say hi. Lives just down the block from my parent's house.

I have a vinyl cutter. Took me about 15-20 mins to draw up the file and figure out the dims. The I bedazzled it with some custom text and logo.

Hey Stevie how did you make the face plate for the RKL. I have the 30g version of this tank I want to do same thing as you. Thanks

Yeah i still have the dims. Pm me an offer. I have gloss black vinyl in stock. I also have white.

and a few blues maybe a metallic silver, transparent but I'm guessing those would look terrible.

The text was cut in so the white shining through is the stand color.

Can you do one for me all black no text..I can pay u for it?

Hey, i noticed you have a "USB battery backup", where did you get it? I looked it up but literally USB ones popped up. im trying to find a cheap solution for backup power

Hey, i noticed you have a "USB battery backup", where did you get it? I looked it up but literally USB ones popped up. im trying to find a cheap solution for backup power

Took it from my day jop years ago when we closed down the shop/office. It's UPS not USB, I screwed that up. Got it at Best Buy branded Geek Squad. I like the display and the light in the back. It makes a great power strip and an OK batter backup.

It will run the MP10 for about 1-1.5 hrs. So it doesn't give you much time. The ecotech batter backup runs longer.

You should make an aftermarket filter for the Fluval Edge :D

We make a basket for the AC20

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CyberPower+-+425VA+SL-Series+Battery+Back-Up+System/6201585.p;jsessionid=D3479D83D7926E1604B9E4D3A5053459.bbolsp-app05-22?id=1069297060711&skuId=6201585

similar to this? i figured i can plug in a nano hydor to it and a 50 watt heater in the case my power goes out again. I lost a lot due to an outtage about 2 months ago so im tryign to find a cheap solution due to my budget. i figured i could always recharge or have it plugged in to my car or something?

Similar. Mine is a little bigger IIRC

The best thing is a small generator. A heater and pump are going to drain that thing quickly. A power inverter on your car is a better option IMO. Runs like a generator. The tank without a heater for say an hour isn't going to hurt it any, so I'd stick with just on a UPS.

Flow to me is more important. Even a battery air stone is a good option.

CarterNichols

We make a basket for the AC20

I was referring to something that could utilize the whole length of the black backing of the edge. There is about of foot from base to rim of tank and the AC20 doesn't utilize all of it.

You could get real crazy and just make something that replaced the entire black backing with a filter. I'd pay good money for that!

Just a thought! ;)

yeah i had a battery powered airstone in the tank which kept the fish alive. but i lost a lot of corals. i could purchase this and then recharge it from time to time so that i dont have to have the car running constantly

yeah i had a battery powered airstone in the tank which kept the fish alive. but i lost a lot of corals. i could purchase this and then recharge it from time to time so that i dont have to have the car running constantly

It charges like any battery, takes time.

For longer outages a power inverter on your car engine on with extension cord is best. Or a generator. Or take the risk and go without. But a UPS is not your answer for long term outages. They are designed to hook to a router/modem so that network settings don't go down.

I do believe you need to watch running regular powerhead from UPS. The power is provides is not the same as a AC outlet. I prefer the 12v car battery with an inverter.

If you know the power requirements of the powerhead, you can roughly calculate how long it will run.

12v air pumps works good for oxygenating and mild circulation. Yank the uprights off an undergravel filter and you are good for a bit. Most of them even let you put activated carbon in the top chamber.

• Like 1