inTank Media Baskets

UWWMatt's ADA 60-H

uwwmatt

while looking up frosted backgrounds (inspired by the current subject) came across something called shadow-box backgrounds...
worth the google search. not sure if it applies to what you're trying to achieve, but pretty cool stuff.

theglow.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Any updates on this? I'm curious as to what you came up with for the background.

No final decisions yet, but i'll probably go for either a white frosted look, or leave it clear and use coral to hide the plumbing.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Update?

I transferred the tank last week. I'm still in the process of finishing my basement remodel but the baby came early so my wife made me transfer the tank out of the nursery (my old office) the day we checked out of the hospital.

14414510627_e2df6d8681_z.jpg

Here is what I got so far. Both my MP10 and MP20s broke over the past six months... So I decided I'd try those cheaper Chinese ones. I have to say I am pretty impressed. I also went with a variable speed d/c return pump from the same seller and am likewise impressed.

• Like 4
Arkayology

I transferred the tank last week. I'm still in the process of finishing my basement remodel but the baby came early so my wife made me transfer the tank out of the nursery (my old office) the day we checked out of the hospital.

14414510627_e2df6d8681_z.jpg

Here is what I got so far. Both my MP10 and MP20s broke over the past six months... So I decided I'd try those cheaper Chinese ones. I have to say I am pretty impressed. I also went with a variable speed d/c return pump from the same seller and am likewise impressed.

Nice! I like the deer trophy; it completes the look. I am also impressed with the jebao pumps. Make me never want to buy a vortech again (and I probably won't). Congrats on the baby too!

• Like 1

Things are pretty simple in the cabinet. I used the drawer face with magnets to create a fake drawer and hide the controllers.

14414759667_5eb94ec5dc_z.jpg

The basement still has a lot of finishing work to do, but at least its usable now.

14599176144_26c3cbb159_z.jpg

Nice! I like the deer trophy; it completes the look. I am also impressed with the jebao pumps. Make me never want to buy a vortech again (and I probably won't). Congrats on the baby too!

Thanks

edit: bonus picture of my son

https://flic.kr/p/oapAfG'>14546300164_c06400635a_z.jpg

• Like 16

Congrats on the baby! Hope the hammer pulls through it was pretty amazing, looks supper pissed

Thanks, and the hammer will be fine. I changed the water today so its just irritated.

• Like 1

Have a link to where you got that pump?

Congratulations on the son. They are the best thing that could ever happen. Mine just turned 3 about 2 months ago

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know...

here's a picture of my son. My tanks too dirty right now.

15476497619_803c4ff3a1_c.jpg

You sure that fish isn't too big for your tank? :lol:

Life has a way of happening. I hope the tank isn't too neglected though ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

got any updates matt? o and where did you get the stand?

No real updates on the tank. I'm dealing with some slimy bacteria but hopefully that will be taken care of soon. I picked up the stand from Amazon, if I remember correctly. Then I rebuilt the back and top with 3/4in plywood and added some stronger front legs to distribute the weight better.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...