ReefCleaners.org

UWWMatt's ADA 60-H

uwwmatt

Congratulations! Just finished reading your post, like it.

Congrats man. :)

Congrats!

Love ADA tanks, definitely keeping my eye on this thread!

Congrats!

Thanks guys

• Like 1
I put the new stand together, it didn't feel as sturdy as I wanted so I took it apart and replaced the top, back and legs. The new wood still needs to be painted, but its all back together and drilled for the tank plumbing.

11330228876_282724d997_c.jpg
I cleaned out the old sump from two tanks ago, and will most likely use that. Its a standard 10 gallon with glass baffles.
11330314296_a11432429e_c.jpg
  • Like 5

Excited! Are you looking to get it going after the holidays?

-Dave

That's the hope. I'm remodeling my basement at the moment, so hopefully after I get the new floors in I can move the tank down there and get it transferred.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good. The Glass Holes overflows have always intrigued me. I'm anxious to see how that works out for you.

What are you plans for the back glass? Are you going to conceal the plumbing in any way?

What are you plans for the back glass? Are you going to conceal the plumbing in any way?

I've been struggling with that. I've been tossing around a few ideas, but I'm just not sure.

1. Paint the back of the tank black

2. Create some sort of fake rock work with spray foam; either inside the tank, or outside around the pvc. I thought that might add some interesting depth

3. paint the pvc whatever color I decide to paint the wall it will be up against.

Any suggestions?

My basement remodel is under way. There is about a 90% chance I'll need a tetanus shot before this is over.

1472046_10100543819733383_943194556_n_zp

• Like 4
I've been struggling with that. I've been tossing around a few ideas, but I'm just not sure.1. Paint the back of the tank black2. Create some sort of fake rock work with spray foam; either inside the tank, or outside around the pvc. I thought that might add some interesting depth3. paint the pvc whatever color I decide to paint the wall it will be up against.Any suggestions?My basement remodel is under way. There is about a 90% chance I'll need a tetanus shot before this is over.http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/uwwmatt_fishtank/media/1472046_10100543819733383_943194556_n_zps0ed52b93.jpg.html'>1472046_10100543819733383_943194556_n_zp

Why not do a fog on the back, I think they make a spay on the make it opaque but kinda see through?

I pretty much reframed my garage wall to do my tanks, it fun and not fun all at the same time lol

• Like 2

Why not do a fog on the back, I think they make a spay on the make it opaque but kinda see through? I pretty much reframed my garage wall to do my tanks, it fun and not fun all at the same time lol

I see a lot of planted tanks like this, very nice for a brighter tank with whiter light.

I've been struggling with that. I've been tossing around a few ideas, but I'm just not sure.

2. Create some sort of fake rock work with spray foam; either inside the tank, or outside around the pvc. I thought that might add some interesting depth

3. paint the pvc whatever color I decide to paint the wall it will be up against.

Any suggestions?

My basement remodel is under way. There is about a 90% chance I'll need a tetanus shot before this is over.

1472046_10100543819733383_943194556_n_zp

Plasti dip? It's super easy to clean up over spray and you can peel it off at any time you decide you don't like the look of it. I did that on my 60-f and it's amazing.

• Like 1

Plasti dip? It's super easy to clean up over spray and you can peel it off at any time you decide you don't like the look of it. I did that on my 60-f and it's amazing.

Do you have a link to that?

This stuff right here:

http://www.amazon.com/Performix-Plasti-Dip-Multi-Purpose-Rubber-Coating/dp/B000LNOOEO/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1387597182&sr=8-13&keywords=plasti+dip

Comes in a bunch of different colors and it's super easy to apply. I got a few drops of overspray on the front glass and I removed it with my fingers, unlike spray paint that takes a razor. And, it peels off easily if you don't like it.

Any suggestions?

I would either paint it or do a blue light box.

I've seen a few tanks that use blue acrylic and then shine a small light through the back of it. It gives the tank some extra depth.

I've yet to see a life like backing made from the fake spray rock.

Best of luck. Can't wait to see things progress.

This stuff right here:

http://www.amazon.com/Performix-Plasti-Dip-Multi-Purpose-Rubber-Coating/dp/B000LNOOEO/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1387597182&sr=8-13&keywords=plasti+dip

Comes in a bunch of different colors and it's super easy to apply. I got a few drops of overspray on the front glass and I removed it with my fingers, unlike spray paint that takes a razor. And, it peels off easily if you don't like it.

Do you have a picture of your tank with it?

Why not do a fog on the back, I think they make a spay on the make it opaque but kinda see through? I pretty much reframed my garage wall to do my tanks, it fun and not fun all at the same time lol

You have a link to that haha?

• Like 2

Plasti dip is a great product. idk about it being aquarium safe. but if your just spraying the outside of the tank idk why it would be a problem. very easy to use product and if u dont like it you can literally peal it off easy

• Like 1