SaltCritters.com

FishBrawler ReefStock goodies

FishBrawler

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishBrawler
Congrats man. You beat me too it, as expected.

Cant wait to see what is to come. :D

Well to be fair, I order the tank late november last year! If we were counting the days, I bet you are going to beat me!

All right Brawler, updates. Lets see 'em. You filled it, stocked it with $3000 worth of Coral, and have been letting it grow in secretly for a year. Don't lie.

FishBrawler

All right Brawler, updates. Lets see 'em. You filled it, stocked it with $3000 worth of Coral, and have been letting it grow in secretly for a year. Don't lie.

Picture and a quick update after I finish my math!.. and take some new pictures with my sisters camera!

FishBrawler

Nice build ... How are you liking the LED Fixture ?

The light is great! I can't say for the growth as there is no corals yet but great shimmer! There is a review a few pages back. The battery on the remote dies fairly quickly though. Mike is a great person to talk to and has great customer service! I'll keep you guys updated. Working on the update now!

FishBrawler

Update!

So here is where the tank is at now.

IMG_0510_zpse110cb33.jpg

Notice two things:

1. The water is still cloudy! :(
  2. There is equipment in the main tank... That is because of a design flaw that the tank builder made. Hopefully temporary! The teeth on the overflow box are so close together that it only lets about 50 gph through at a time! So there isn't enough circulation to keep the temp of anything up. I am collaborating with my grandpa and dad to help find a solution. I think that we should try to file it down alil. My dad has an idea of somehow using a saw or something.(Haven't gotten the whole story yet!) If you have any ideas on fixing it, chime in PLEASE! But any who, we are working on fixing that and soon have everything operational. I got almost $80 to spend on gear. It will probably go towards a new heater since I am using a petco one right now! :slap: I will probably go with the NeoTherm heater but we will see.

​So onto the cycle! things are moving... I think. The has been no distinguishable cycle yet but the conditions are almost right! Now my test results may be alil off as I am colorblind and have a SUPER HARD time telling with these STUPID color tests. Though I hear "regular" people do too. But what I think I have right now is

• Ammonia: 0.5 mg/L
  • Nitrite: 0.5 mg/L
  • Nitrate: 0.5 mg/L

Progress will again be slow for the next week as I got to go back to my Mom's house for a week <_< ... Where this is no fish tank... THE HORROR! :o

Oooh, this one is gonna be good.

Thanks! Your build looks good also!

FishBrawler

Uhm... Wheres your sand?

I'm doing bare bottom... Unless I simply just can't stand it! looking for a maintenance alternative as sand simply collects and is usually the cause for old tank syndrome and crashes. I am going to try to cover most of the bottom with softies but we will see!

FishBrawler

What classes are you taking AP/Honors? They're the bomb once you realize you get to go to college for free :lol:

Oh I hope I get to go for FREE! I'm taking math trig, english, history western civ, chemistry, and though seems like a joke, concert choir! We actually do a lot of sight reading and learn about how to write music and use the the circle of fifths.

Paandemonium

Oh I hope I get to go for FREE! I'm taking math trig, english, history western civ, chemistry, and though seems like a joke, concert choir! We actually do a lot of sight reading and learn about how to write music and use the the circle of fifths.

I took a TON which is why I finished my first "two years" in six months, AP credits make life super easy lol.

Can you do dual enrollment at your HS? I took AP P.E. and got a college credit for it lmao

FishBrawler

I took a TON which is why I finished my first "two years" in six months, AP credits make life super easy lol.

Can you do dual enrollment at your HS? I took AP P.E. and got a college credit for it lmao

Unfortunately I don't think that you can. My school is a college prep school so its pretty rigorous anyways. I don't think I could handle it! I have spent almost all my time this weekend on homework already lol. I didn't know you were in college! :P

Paandemonium

Unfortunately I don't think that you can. My school is a college prep school so its pretty rigorous anyways. I don't think I could handle it! I have spent almost all my time this weekend on homework already lol. I didn't know you were in college! :P

I graduated last year I may be going back but I'm not sure yet lol it's not really my thing although industrial organizational psychology was my chosen career

FishBrawler

I graduated last year I may be going back but I'm not sure yet lol it's not really my thing although industrial organizational psychology was my chosen career

Sounds fun! I want to be a Reef Ecologist but we will see how far that goes lol!

FishBrawler
Better move out of Colorado if you want to do anything water related lol.

That's the plan! My cousin is moving to hawaii this summer. Might have to just stay with him! Almost got him into saltwater fish until he found out video games were cheaper! *facepalm*

Reef Goddess

Beautiful tank! Can you please come down and build a stand for mine? The DIY stand mine came with is so bad I refuse to include it in my pics. At least it was cheap.

I can see that add now. "Have wood, will travel."

I still can't believe they called a snow day over that. Back in my day, they'd give you some scuba gear and force you to swim to the bus stop, and said bus would slide through every intersection on the way. Back when men where men, and it was still fun to make fun of Nsync.

FishBrawler
Beautiful tank! Can you please come down and build a stand for mine? The DIY stand mine came with is so bad I refuse to include it in my pics. At least it was cheap.

Thanks! The one my 55 came with was uber yucky so went I set out to make this tank better, I really met BETTER! I am happy with the stand and even more happy that I spent the time to build it with my 81 year old grandpa. He showed me how to use everything and how to repair if needed!

I can see that add now. "Have wood, will travel."

I still can't believe they called a snow day over that. Back in my day, they'd give you some scuba gear and force you to swim to the bus stop, and said bus would slide through every intersection on the way. Back when men where men, and it was still fun to make fun of Nsync.

I know! That's was so a joke! We got like 2 inches here! But all in all I was able to finish my term paper so I am glad they did call it because I was a little behind! I just can't believe they called this one and not the other one where we got a foot!

Going to try to head down to elite reef and get fish this weekend and hopefully give jgpico some coral

FishBrawler

So a quick update! As you can see here, I got algae now! The cycle has started so I am probably going to pick up a fish today to keep it going.

http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/FishBrawler/media/20130412_221055_zpsad5dcc50.jpg.html'>20130412_221055_zpsad5dcc50.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture! Here is a close up of the diatoms!

http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/FishBrawler/media/20130412_221035_zps857892ee.jpg.html'>20130412_221035_zps857892ee.jpg

Archived