Innovative Marine Aquariums

A Carib.Castle: Naughty Nibblers... June '15 pics/vid, Razors, 125g, diy LR

eitallent

I got really behind on your thread! Sorry about the Chromis death :( The gramma is a beauty! So cool you went to a club meeting. Your party favors are fabulous!!!!! :D

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got really behind on your thread! Sorry about the Chromis death :( The gramma is a beauty! So cool you went to a club meeting. Your party favors are fabulous!!!!! :D

:) It is nice that I have enough to post to make this thread worth reading! :) I am still loving the Gramma. She is so cute and small. All the fish are getting along except for the occasional Blue Neon Goby scuffle.

I think one of the Zoas are Mean Greens. I have no idea what kind of SPS I have. :mellow:

You've sure made those MM blennies fat and happy! Nice work! :)

I like seeing fat fish, fat dogs, fat kitties, fat chickens .... you get the idea. The only ones staying trim are the humans! :lol:

Here are the fish I have in the CCMS:

2 Blue Neon Gobies

2 Blue Reef Chromis

2 Molly Miller Blennies

1 Yellowhead Jawfish

1 Royal Gramma

IMG_0127-X2.jpg

IMG_0095-L.jpg

IMG_0129-X2.jpg

IMG_0132-X2.jpg

IMG_0134-X2.jpg

IMG_0138-X2.jpg

IMG_0117-X2.jpg

I thought that shrimp number three would leave the rock anemones alone since it hung out in the opposite side of the tank.

Nope! It came right over as soon as I pulled out the second one in the trap. <_<

It started digging in the anemone's mouth right after I fed the tank. Those lazy little boogers prefer to take food from the animals tentacles and guts than clean up stuff off the sand. Grrrrr.... :angry:

The trap is back in there. I have had to rescue the MM Blennies from the trap twice. Not too bright these Blennies. When it comes to food their bellies take over their brain. :lol:

oldSWseamomma

:( I thought that shrimp number three would leave the rock anemones alone since it hung out in the opposite side of the tank.

Nope! It came right over as soon as I pulled out the second one in the trap. <_<

It started digging in the anemone's mouth right after I fed the tank. Those lazy little boogers prefer to take food from the animals tentacles and guts than clean up stuff off the sand. Grrrrr.... :angry:

The trap is back in there. I have had to rescue the MM Blennies from the trap twice. Not too bright these Blennies. When it comes to food their bellies take over their brain. :lol:

Wow you've had some bad luck with the shrimp'ses :angry: I only had one little shrimp and when I put in my last large amount of LR he disappeared and I know I didn't squish him :( I have no idea why - he always came out to take food right from the pipette too. Yep I think MMB are little piggies when it comes to feeding time - they don't let anything go to waste :D

oldSWseamomma

Hello Ms. E :) Did you see that NatGeo Wild is having a show on seahorses Monday night ? It's called Caught In The Act and in the previews it shows daddy seahorse giving birth to a bazillion babies ! omgomgomg I've already hit the record on the DVR incase I forget to watch it. I thought you would be interested as well and others on this thread.

Polarcollision

Shrimp number two has been sumped! Mwaaahaahaaa.... :owned:

IMG_20130618_093213_481_zpsf3e7413a.jpg

I did the same thing to the sexy shrimp when I caught them munching on expensive zoas. Little buggers. Now the only shrimp going into the aquarium are food. :-)

I did the same thing to the sexy shrimp when I caught them munching on expensive zoas. Little buggers. Now the only shrimp going into the aquarium are food. :-)

Oooh! Those little stinkers. You too?

I think shrimp are nifty creatures. However, when they start damaging desirable animals it is time for them to make themselves useful in other places like eating aiptasias in the macro grow-out tank!

I am still waiting on #3 to go into the trap. I think the little cunning critter might have caught on to the trick after watching its buddies get scooped up and out of the tank. ;)

In other news, I got my replacement BRC from liveaquaria.com (not saltwaterfish.com) this time and they arrived in great condition and are still doing well. They are nice sized, strong swimmers and are eating well.

I also got one of these lovely, useful flatworm eaters from the Caribbean

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2730+2253&pcatid=2253

I will get pictures taken soon. He is still very shy. :)

Can't wait to see the wrasse in your tank.

Ima gonna try to take his portrait today.

He was out and eating all day yesterday! :happy:

What does it mean that I am so happy about this? :lol:

He's sooooo pretty ! Can't wait for the pics :naughtydance:

He is such a lovely shade. I wonder what he will look like as he matures.

This is what liveaquaria says:

The Neon Wrasse, also known as the Yellowhead Wrasse, is one of the easiest wrasses to identify in every color phase. Adults have a golden to yellow head, a black vertical bar behind the tip of the pectoral fin, merging with a broad black area on the upper side, continuing to the top of the caudal peduncle and upper caudal fin and blue underneath. Juveniles are yellow with a turquoise-blue stripe along their sides.

oldSWseamomma

He is such a lovely shade. I wonder what he will look like as he matures.

This is what liveaquaria says:

Oooooo he is SO PRETTY ! :wub: It will be interesting to see him change his colors as he matures :) I just love your tank :wub: I bet you don't have any turbo snails do you :D I have one huge one and he ate all the pretty macros I put in mine :( but he does such a great job of hoovering up all the bad stuphf I hate to rehome him. I really love how you've placed all your corals and macros - looks like the ocean !

Oooooo he is SO PRETTY ! :wub: It will be interesting to see him change his colors as he matures :) I just love your tank :wub: I bet you don't have any turbo snails do you :D I have one huge one and he ate all the pretty macros I put in mine :( but he does such a great job of hoovering up all the bad stuphf I hate to rehome him. I really love how you've placed all your corals and macros - looks like the ocean !

Thank you SWseamomma. I am glad you enjoy it.

I want it to look similar to what I saw in the ocean. I really like the macro in the sand too. I do not have a turbo. I have Nerites, Nassarius, Ceriths, two Fl. Fighting Conchs, cleaner clams (buried in the sand) and Emerald crabs.

With the last order I got two little porcelain crabs but I have not seen them since they went in. They were not colorful so they are probably right in front of my eyes and I would not see them.

Here are a few more fish pictures.

Guarding the Nori from the Conch...

IMG_0088-X2.jpg

IMG_0080-X2.jpg

Pot bellied BNG on a Felicia frag (Tubbs Blues)

IMG_0058-X2.jpg

Cruisin' for a morsel is the little, colorful Gramma with a BRC in the background.

IMG_0008-X2.jpg

Wow! That's a gorgeous fish. I've never seen one of those before. I can't wait for photos of him.

Felicia you can see some of your frags in the fish pictures! :) They are doing so great.

I am trying to think of a good name for the new wrasse.

oldSWseamomma

I want it to look similar to what I saw in the ocean. I really like the macro in the sand too. I do not have a turbo. I have Nerites, Nassarius, Ceriths, two Fl. Fighting Conchs, cleaner clams (buried in the sand) and Emerald crabs.

With the last order I got two little porcelain crabs but I have not seen them since they went in. They were not colorful so they are probably right in front of my eyes and I would not see them.

IMG_0088-X2.jpg

IMG_0080-X2.jpg

IMG_0058-X2.jpg

Cruisin' for a morsel is the little, colorful Gramma with a BRC in the background.

IMG_0008-X2.jpg

Omgosh how cute is that MMB guarding the nori ! Which reminds me I need to put some in my tank - it's been a couple of weeks and they need a treat :0)

Yep, Bubba the 10 lb Mexican Turbo needs to go to a bigger tank so that I can put in some pretty macros. I had to rip all the halimeda off of my one piece of rock as it was just not looking great anymore - hated to but it had run it's course. But I love how you've decorated your little piece of the ocean. I was thinking of getting a RSM250 but I may want to have something more like yours - it's just so pretty.

Wow, awesome assembly of fish! I especially dig the Molly Miller. Now i really excited about rehoming and redoing my current fish in my main display.

IMG_0088-X2.jpg

IMG_0080-X2.jpg

IMG_0058-X2.jpg

IMG_0008-X2.jpg

I like it!!!!!!!

Mr. Microscope

IMG_0058-X2.jpg

I love all your leeetle fishies! There must be so many little flutters in there at any given time.

Archived