ReefCleaners.org

A Carib.Castle: Naughty Nibblers... June '15 pics/vid, Razors, 125g, diy LR

eitallent

I know, right? Some people are just.... No, just no....

This is exactly how I felt! I had to fight the urge to be ugly! In the end I behaved well. :lol: Thanks, Blubbernaut

What's that coral in the first pic? It's kinda cool looking.

That is a Rasta Encrusting Porites.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blubbernaut

This is exactly how I felt! I had to fight the urge to be ugly! In the end I behaved well. :lol: Thanks, Blubbernaut

:)

Hmm...I like it. I'd get one, but I don't trust myself with coral....

Well, I am pretty nervous about killing these guys. I reset the light intensity and everyone is tucked in for the night. :)

I thought you all might like to know that the Green Garden Zoas were crawling with nudis. I dipped them in Seachem Coral Dip for 10 to 15 minutes at double strength and put the frags in the tank. As I was getting ready to take pics I noticed a fuzzy obeject on the Zoas. To my horror and disbelief I realized that there were more than one. I saw two types of nudis. I scooped out the frag immediately. Here are pictures of what I found.

These pics are not the best because the beaker is round and distorts the image. I also struggled with the lighting but it is good enough to see the little buggers!

This nudi is the one that mimics a Xenia.

IMG_0008-XL.jpg

It even pulsed the appendages like a Xenia. I was sad to have to kill it. It is so pretty.

IMG_0023-XL.jpg

These nudis are yellow and match the skirts on the Zoas.

IMG_0014-XL.jpg

IMG_0013-XL.jpg

Woah! I wonder if they would have eventually died from the dip or are they super immune to the medicines now :scary: Glad you found them when you did!!!!!!

Love all the new additions. I hold a very special place in my heart for the porites...probably because they came in naturally on my live rock :D

Those nudis are scary in an "eat your coral" sort of way. Otherwise, they're very cool! I love the shots of the one that mimics xenia. You take some amazing macro shots. I'm glad you caught them before they ended up in your tank, even if it is sad that you had to kill them. There are too many cool things in this hobby that are pests.

oldSWseamomma

Such amazing pics ! Very pretty corals :) It's just fascinating to see and learn about all the creatures in SW

Mr. Microscope

Here is one destroying my Macro garden. :lol:

Super-Cute!

IMG_0029-XL.jpg

IMG_0033-XL.jpg

Awesome choice with the porites! I really like the looks of those pieces. You're really sticking to your theme. Is that second one a porite?

Such amazing pics ! Very pretty corals :) It's just fascinating to see and learn about all the creatures in SW

Thank you! :)

I now wish I had majored in Marine Biology. It is fascinating to me now.

Super-Cute!

Awesome choice with the porites! I really like the looks of those pieces. You're really sticking to your theme. Is that second one a porite?

Thank you! :D

As the Blennies are getting older and healthier their colors are becoming brighter. The bigger one is now a reddish color under the lights (just noticed it this morning). The smaller one is now more brown. They dart around so fast it is hard to see their dorsal fins. If they are different then I have a pair! That would be so nice.

The second one is a porites also, Yellow Branched Porites. In the macro shot it does not look as yellow as it does in reality. I will have to rearrange the frags to take more pics. The ones in the back were impossible to capture. The Fuzzy Branch Porites is super cute. ;)

Loved the South Park video.

oldSWseamomma

As the Blennies are getting older and healthier their colors are becoming brighter. The bigger one is now a reddish color under the lights (just noticed it this morning). The smaller one is now more brown. They dart around so fast it is hard to see their dorsal fins. If they are different then I have a pair! That would be so nice.

Well I believe you do have a boy & girl pair ! Ariel is larger and reddish-brown. Zeus is more of a greyish-brown. Congrats !! :naughtydance:

Thank you for confirming my suspicions, SWmomma! :happydance:

Well, she is the one in the barnacles. I will have to call here Seba not Sebastian! :lol:

oldSWseamomma

;) Thank you for confirming my suspicions, SWmomma! :happydance:

Well, she is the one in the barnacles. I will have to call here Seba not Sebastian! :lol:

Aahahahaha ! I like her name :) I just got my order from Reef Cleaners and the MM Blennies were checking out the barnacles right after I stepped away from the tank! I ordered one small cluster and he sent me 4! So they have a few choice ones to play hide and seek in ;)

Aahahahaha ! I like her name :) I just got my order from Reef Cleaners and the MM Blennies were checking out the barnacles right after I stepped away from the tank! I ordered one small cluster and he sent me 4! So they have a few choice ones to play hide and seek in ;)

Thanks!

Your lucky Blennies hit the real estate jackpot! Reef Cleaners is so great. :)

Blubbernaut

Here is the video of the pesky nudis taking a relaxing peroxide bubble bath.

Relaxing, that's what it is :) Kill those little turds.

Relaxing, that's what it is :) Kill those little turds.

I hope they are all in nudi heaven right now. :)

There were lots of nooks in the rock so I shook it really well in the peroxide and used a tooth pick to pry out anything I could reach. Mwaaahaha!

Did the peroxide actually kill them?

They turned brown instead of yellow and they stopped moving. So yes I think it was a bubble blood bath!

Here are the Zoas as they appear today.

IMG_0001-XL.jpg

The newest frags are acclimating well to their new surroundings. The lights are down low and soft music is playing. ;) I really want to baby these guys so they will make it. I am tired of fish dying for unkown reasons and jumping out of the tank through small spaces!! Hopefully the corals will be more lucky! :)

The Red shroom has detached from its plug and no where to be seen. I hope it finds its happy place. <_<

IMG_0009-XL.jpg

IMG_0016-XL.jpg

IMG_0013-XL.jpg

IMG_0015-XL.jpg

IMG_0011-XL.jpg

IMG_0007-XL.jpg

IMG_0004-XL.jpg

Nice nudi bubble bath video LOL!!!!

Really love the green with red pimples mushrooms!!!!

PEA calls it Chili Peppers Mushroom. IDK that they would sell many if they called it Red Pimples Mushroom. Hahaha! :lol:

Polarcollision

Oh good! They are smaller than what I found munching on my zoas. I guess that means they're not the same thing. They BITE you, though?? God these things are giving me the creeps. I am so putting on my warrier gloves ASAP and eradicating their nasty little selves. Good news though! The Clementines that I moved up high into the moonlights have popped out 4 new babies in the last two weeks. If this keeps up I'll try to frag them soon.

I looked for similar pics of that gorgonian on google and found something called "purple gorgonian". Does that sound right to you? Making a list of corals to add to a display fuge some day. Dreaming of something like Zia has his seahorses in...

Edit (now that I've read your thread the reast of the way): Pttbbbt. So what if you like reefing and chatting about it. 'wasted' time enjoyed is not wasted time. So there.

They are pretty big but only about 1/8 of an inch long. These are in the Macro grow-out tank. I have not seen these in the main tank recently. I think the fish ate them in the DT. I have tons of them in the nano and I have not lost any Zoas so far. Maybe they only bother the stressed Zoas? I will keep an eye out for that in the nano. My sixline in the nano and my fish in the nano-fuge eat them up so the population of amphipods is really low now and kept in check.

What I DO know is that those little stinkers pinch my arms when I am working in the macro tank. They also got me once when they were more numerous in the display tank. When I feel them I pull my hand out of the water and they remain attached like little leeches. :lol: Squished!

Wow! You are right I love it.

BTW I am looking up the Gorgs for you. I got them at a LFS (4 hours drive) and all he knew was they came out of the Caribbean and they are photosynthetic.

Oh good! They are smaller than what I found munching on my zoas. I guess that means they're not the same thing. They BITE you, though?? God these things are giving me the creeps. I am so putting on my warrier gloves ASAP and eradicating their nasty little selves. Good news though! The Clementines that I moved up high into the moonlights have popped out 4 new babies in the last two weeks. If this keeps up I'll try to frag them soon.

I looked for similar pics of that gorgonian on google and found something called "purple gorgonian". Does that sound right to you? Making a list of corals to add to a display fuge some day. Dreaming of something like Zia has his seahorses in...

Edit (now that I've read your thread the reast of the way): Pttbbbt. So what if you like reefing and chatting about it. 'wasted' time enjoyed is not wasted time. So there.

Shoot! I looked them up for you and found them. Then I forgot to post them! :lol:

Getting older is grand! ;)

The fat one you like is Plexaurella gorgonian aka. Purple candelabra. :)

I like this article about PS Gorgs from reefbuilders.com

They are on sale here at saltwaterfish.com ( I have ordered from them; they are good).

Archived