Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anyone with a Lee Mar rimless tank, get in here! Please :(

Seiryoku

Still have my fingers crossed on this! Haven't heard anything more from Lee Mar since my last phone conversation with Mark, which is a good thing as he is only to call me if there is a change/problem on their end.

Still have to work out exact delivery options with my LFS, don't think having everything sent directly to me will work out due to the delivery truck size. Probably have them sent to my LFS and either pick them up (would take me two trips, 60 miles round trip) or have him bring them to me (not sure everything would fit in his truck in one trip either).

Hope Lee Mar delivers the perfection Mark has promised me :)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with it.

Thank You :)

Can't wait to get the tanks setup! Have nearly all of the equipment here and ready to go... Need to get the tanks setup before I drive the girlfriend completely insane with all of this.

Good luck dude. Hopefully this latest infraction of theirs results in extra vigilance while crafting your replacement, as well as my new tank that'll be ready in roughly a couple weeks;) Ill throw up pics here once mine is done.(52 gallon shallow cube)Ive heard some (unconfirmed)rumors that they had some changes in staff in recent years which for whatever reason has given rise to some epic fails from time to time. That's unacceptable, but when they get it right they make some of the most amazing tanks available.

Good luck dude. Hopefully this latest infraction of theirs results in extra vigilance while crafting your replacement, as well as my new tank that'll be ready in roughly a couple weeks;) Ill throw up pics here once mine is done.(52 gallon shallow cube)Ive heard some (unconfirmed)rumors that they had some changes in staff in recent years which for whatever reason has given rise to some epic fails from time to time. That's unacceptable, but when they get it right they make some of the most amazing tanks available.

Thanks, I'll be sure to post plenty of pictures too! New staff would certainly explain a lot...although not excuse it. They better get their stuff straightened out or their reputation is going to end up suffering.

Thank You :)

Can't wait to get the tanks setup! Have nearly all of the equipment here and ready to go... Need to get the tanks setup before I drive the girlfriend completely insane with all of this.

Before? LoL I think she might already be there after dealing with this. :)

Before? LoL I think she might already be there after dealing with this. :)

Good chance of it actually... Should probably buy her the tank she wants since I've spent so much money/time/effort on my own tanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Both tanks and stands should be crated and ready for shipping any day now :)

Nice, will be interesting to see. Driving down to grab mine on Saturday

You can do a preliminary inspection for him lol,

I'm just stoked he made the thread, because now hopefully Brian and the rest of the LeeMarians will practice a little more scrutiny when building people's tanks. Like mine;) Gotta love the power of the internet. Well see. I'm taking a magnifying glass down there on Sat.

I'm just stoked he made the thread, because now hopefully Brian and the rest of the LeeMarians will practice a little more scrutiny when building people's tanks. Like mine;) Gotta love the power of the internet. Well see. I'm taking a magnifying glass down there on Sat.

Glad someone understands one of the reasons I made this thread :)

Huh? It's been at least a month. That's lame.

Yeah, but what can I do :(

I understand the reasoning behind this thread but it doesnt directly affect me because i wont e ordering from them as i prefer other companies.

I think it has been a good thread for letting people know your experience with them.It may have pushed some people away due to the hassle and may have made some potential buyers go ahead and choose them since they are learning the customer service side of the company.

This tank was to be the absolute TOP quality they can produce, supposed to be perfect and was supposedly inspected by multiple people multiple times for any flaws or defects. Haven't found any scratches in the glass and the edge work looks great, silicone is still a little sloppier than I'd like.

I'm interested in what anyone and everyone thinks of the photos. I've not contacted my LFS or Lee Mar yet.

This is the back right corner if you're standing in front of the tank, the issue should be obvious. The opposite side is not like this and the top is flush which means the bottom of the back pane of glass was cut at an angle.

20130211_173155_zpscfd423aa.jpg
20130211_173149_zpsf766fabf.jpg
20130211_173206_zps90340ee8.jpg
20130211_173218_zps0a87e86e.jpg

Here you can see a gap between the back pane of glass and the acrylic the put on the bottom of the tank.

20130211_173741_zps8dbe7375.jpg

Back left corner of tank if you're standing in front of the tank, not square.
20130211_173948_zps76479600.jpg

This is the top of the stand. There are some pretty good waves in the veneering. Don't know if it is safe to use even with the acrylic Lee Mar puts on the bottom of the tank.
20130211_174102_zpsed986433.jpg
20130211_174112_zps7c95a233.jpg

This is minor yet still incredibly annoying. The acrylic on the bottom wasn't trimmed flush with the front left part of the glass. It is enough to prevent the tank from sitting flush against the front trim of the stand (as the right side does).

20130211_174322_zps28d922bc.jpg

I just picked up mine on Saturday. Here's a couple pics to compare.On yours It looks like they may have , like you said, cut the glass at a slight angle. Very annoying for sure, but its more aesthetic than a rupture risk. The seam will be fine. But I'm picky about that kind of thing. It's the principle of it, and you ordered two tanks. As far as the stand, I can't comment as I have a friend/local reefer either weld or build my stands. The piece of hardwood should be dead even though, and should be treated with a marine spar varnish as well.

Personally I would either return it again, or demand a massive chunk of $ off the bill. That's my 0.2.

post-74288-0-30303700-1360641202_thumb.jpg

post-74288-0-84218000-1360641230_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sent an email to Mark Boyd at Lee Mar asking him to look at the pictures and tell me if this is the best his company can do (this was to be their best). Asked him about the tank being structurally sound and if the stand was safe to use with the waves in it as bad as they are. Also asked if they will still warranty them given their obvious flaws...

About the same exact quality of my mr aqua, but my silicone is a bit cleaner.

And how much was your Mr. Aqua? I paid about $800 for this particular tank!

I do know that Lee Mar doesn't do the edge work on their glass...they have to send it out. Not sure if they cut their own glass or not. The silicone on the bottom seams is on all of their tanks I've seen, luckily I don't plan to run the tank BB or it would look like total crap.

And how much was your Mr. Aqua? I paid about $800 for this particular tank!

I think it was 80 bucks and 9.00 s&h from marine depot. I got a free glass thermometer with it.

• Like 2

Archived