SaltCritters.com

Anyone with a Lee Mar rimless tank, get in here! Please :(

Seiryoku

Personally I think so but I would have never made that promise. I would have apologize that what I previously made for you wasn't up to your standards and offered you a refund or replacement. If you were not happy with the replacement I would have offered you a refund. Doesn't get any simpler then that.

I'm not going to scroll back through 16 pages but did he document that he was going to send you his best work? Either way it's irrelevant but I am still curious.

He did, but it was during a phone call so you'll have to decide if I'm telling the truth or not. This is the main reason I told him I only wanted to communicate with him via email from now on...

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

It would seem Mark Boyd is done dealing with this. My LFS was told that my tanks/stands are built in a way that comply with their warranty and as far as he is concerned that is good enough.

The cube has four air bubbles in the glass, two in the left pane, one in the front and one in the right, along with the other quality issues. Mark Boyd knows all of this this and apparently it is completely acceptable and to be expected when ordering custom aquariums from Lee Mar. My LFS has offered me $200 store credit and Mark Boyd offered my LFS a $200 discount on the next order he does with them (lol). Let us not forget that Mark Boyd blamed my LFS for the problems with my original order, even after admitting they weren't up to their standards, and made him deliver them down south and pay for shipping of my replacements.

What Mark Boyd doesn't know is that I'm not done with this. The way he has handled everything and what he did to my LFS is not acceptable. I've so far kept anything about the replacements and his poor handling of the situation off of any other forums, specifically those with southern California members, many of which have LFS owners as sponsors that deal with Lee Mar and have already had previous issues with them.

Check out some pictures of the larger tank I ordered.

Huge scratch on the inside of the tank.

20130328_185920_zpsce4f10ff.jpg

Top edge of the back pane of glass wasn't beveled on either side. Also note that NONE of the front glass beveling was polished, it is all frosty. Some of the inside beveling was polished, but not all. Silicone job is TERRIBLE, although this picture isn't intended to show that it is still obvious.

20130328_193720_zpsa9535279.jpg

Sent Mark Boyd an email last night which seems to have finally motivated him. I now have the option of sending back any part of, or all of, my Lee Mar order for a full refund and my LFS would not be made to lose any more money on anything related to the order.

While it isn't the best, for me or my LFS, outcome at least I'm not stuck with a scratched tank that appears to have been assembled in a garage by a drunk blind kid.

Sent Mark Boyd an email last night which seems to have finally motivated him. I now have the option of sending back any part of, or all of, my Lee Mar order for a full refund and my LFS would not be made to lose any more money on anything related to the order.

While it isn't the best, for me or my LFS, outcome at least I'm not stuck with a scratched tank that appears to have been assembled in a garage by a drunk blind kid.

problem solved!

Is this thing still going on? I don't remember that scratch the last time you posted pictures.

Those are pictures of the second tank I ordered from them (ordered two tanks and two stands).

Are you going to return both tanks? And will you have to return these directly to Lee mar or your LFS?

Are you going to return both tanks? And will you have to return these directly to Lee mar or your LFS?

Haven't decided if I'm sending it all back or just part(s). Only to my LFS and I'm sure if I asked they'd come to my house and pick it up. No way in hell me having to get it back to Lee Mar myself would be acceptable.

Probably going to keep the cube and it's stand and send back the 36x24x20 tank and keep it's stand. One reason I ordered two tanks/stands from Lee Mar was to have matching setups in the living room, don't want two totally different stands... In this scenario I'll have to find a tank builder, that isn't a blind drunk kid, to make me a new tank and who knows how long of wait there will be.

That being said, I'm having my LFS get me a quote on an Elos 100 (tank and stand) as I'm pretty sure it'll fit in the space the 36x24x20 was to go. Stand will obviously be different than that of my cube, but it is an Elos so who cares!

Either way my LFS will not be out any more money (which is one this I was aiming for and wasn't willing to budge on) and I can get a new tank built or order the Elos system.

---

Funny note... My LFS ordered a rather large and pricey display tank for their store...it was going to be from Lee Mar until all this crap came up o_o

An elos concept 80 would be an awesome replacement as their build quality is exceptional. If it were me id send back the cube as well and buy an elos midi or mini then you would have the ultimate combo in your living room IMO.

Probably going to keep the cube and it's stand and send back the 36x24x20 tank and keep it's stand. One reason I ordered two tanks/stands from Lee Mar was to have matching setups in the living room, don't want two totally different stands... In this scenario I'll have to find a tank builder, that isn't a blind drunk kid, to make me a new tank and who knows how long of wait there will be.

That being said, I'm having my LFS get me a quote on an Elos 100 (tank and stand) as I'm pretty sure it'll fit in the space the 36x24x20 was to go. Stand will obviously be different than that of my cube, but it is an Elos so who cares!

Either way my LFS will not be out any more money (which is one this I was aiming for and wasn't willing to budge on) and I can get a new tank built or order the Elos system.

---

Funny note... My LFS ordered a rather large and pricey display tank for their store...it was going to be from Lee Mar until all this crap came up o_o

Archived