Pod Your Reef

Anyone with a Lee Mar rimless tank, get in here! Please :(

Seiryoku

I just can't comprehend how you don't understand that the only outcome of this thread is you looking ridiculous and Lee Mar having the exact same reputation and image that they did before this thread. It's pointless.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't comprehend how you don't understand that the only outcome of this thread is you looking ridiculous and Lee Mar having the exact same reputation and image that they did before this thread. It's pointless.

I understand that as a possible outcome, never said I didn't :)

DSA and AGE make better tanks IME.

I have never understood the whole LEEmar tank hype.

True story, the first one I ever dealt with one was during a simple tank move from one room to another, so carpeting could be replaced. We got everything drained and in bins within an hour and had everything completely ready to move over. I use this flat tank dolly thing with heavy duty castors that is the same level as most stands and truckbeds. All we do is lift it up like a half inch and scoot it onto the dolly and viola...Well this time, thanks to LeeMar, the back pane was out of whack enough to make this gnarly, razor sharp edge and when I wrapped my hand around it to pick the tank up,it flayed my hand open like a razor knife. The owner was really nice and helped me out, and while we were talking he started laughing and showed me a little scar next to his thumb from where it got him when he installed it. It was like a 1800$ 150 gallon tank if I remember right.

lagunastudio

you're a whiner and you probably sit down to go #1.

baaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahaha

f lee mar..a web site says a lot about a company. I would never buy a lee mar just because of their wak ass web site. buy an elos...

It's funny, it isn't even that I think your complaints are completely baseless...I'm just left wondering if you are EVER happy with ANYTHING you purchase!

I'm sure that you are the customer that when you walk through the door, every employee fractures their neck trying to go on break!

Here's hoping Lee Mar comes into this thread and tells the OP to tuck the cord and move on already.

Lee Mar is actually waiting for a response from me as to what will make me happy concerning all of this.

It's funny, it isn't even that I think your complaints are completely baseless...I'm just left wondering if you are EVER happy with ANYTHING you purchase!

I'm sure that you are the customer that when you walk through the door, every employee fractures their neck trying to go on break!

I'm often happy with my purchases (filter sock holder for example), thank you for the concern though :) Employees generally love seeing me as they enjoy all of the cash I spend with them.

How much did you pay for the tank and stand?

I paid a total of 3k for a 24*24*24 tank, 36*24*20 tank and a stand for each. The 24*24*24 tank was about $800 and the stand about $500.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that my LFS contacted Lee Mar about all of this. When they asked Mark Boyd about answering my questions he said he felt he had done so adequately. When specifically asked about answering my question about my replacements being the best Lee Mar can produce, as I was promised, he refused to answer and stated he never would.

Told my LFS that was a shame as that question being answered is what I want more than anything else.

50% off :D

What I'm considering right now is that.

Option 1) A 50% refund on my entire Lee Mar order.

Option 2) A 25% refund on my entire Lee Mar order AND a public answer to my question concerning the replacements being the best Lee Mar can produce.

I write this as I am eating my ice cream at Dairy Queen. Not sure you understand how things work. So I will try to explain. If you buy a new Chevy truck and the engine blows up you call the dealer. You don't contact Chevy and deal with them. The dealer handles this they are the middle man. Same with your tank. Your LFS sold you this tank. Still not sure why you are in contact with Lee Mar or why you don't let the LFS handle this? What will make you happy? You refuse to hang your LFS with these tanks or let them give you a refund. They are the middle man you paid THEM not Lee Mar. I would suggest having your LFS give you a refund or call it life and move on. Get a refund and have your LFS get there money back from Lee Mar. After 2 shitty tanks I can answer the ultimate question you want answered. YES this is the best they can do. You are letting a fish tank rule your life. This has been going on for months. Stop the bleeding and get a refund. Has your girlfriend left you yet? LoL or had you talk to a shrink? I like you Ser but come on man end this and move on.

I paid a total of 3k for a 24*24*24 tank, 36*24*20 tank and a stand for each. The 24*24*24 tank was about $800 and the stand about $500.

I think you overpaid for an inferior product. BUT, you did get what you asked for as far as glass used, size, color, etc. Legally, they did deliver what you commissioned them to make for you. Unfortunately your expectations are greater than what the company is able to produce as far as quality.

The glass being off by 1/16" is a non issue. I once had a mirror cut and the guy told me that there is always a 1/8" tolerance. It's almost impossible to cut it perfect. As far as a tank, it's more important that it sits flat on a surface. Scratches are unacceptable though and the company should make good on fixing them by either polishing them out or replacing the glass.

Did you see samples of other tanks and stands they custom-made before you ordered yours?

The glass being off by 1/16" is a non issue. I once had a mirror cut and the guy told me that there is always a 1/8" tolerance. It's almost impossible to cut it perfect.

Read back to when i posted measurements of my tank and you will that my glass is exact.Atleast for what can be seen by a measuring tape.I also posted a youtube video link showing how its made.If they plan to make the best tanks out there then they need to use the best options to make the finish product.

Also on sers behalf lee mar is the one who came up with using the method of contacting the customer direct.If they didnt want to deal with him and wanted him to deal with the lfs then they should have never went around the lfs and kept the lfs as the middle man for contact.They also at anytime could have said to stop contacting and deal with the lfs.

I write this as I am eating my ice cream at Dairy Queen. Not sure you understand how things work. So I will try to explain. If you buy a new Chevy truck and the engine blows up you call the dealer. You don't contact Chevy and deal with them. The dealer handles this they are the middle man. Same with your tank. Your LFS sold you this tank. Still not sure why you are in contact with Lee Mar or why you don't let the LFS handle this? What will make you happy? You refuse to hang your LFS with these tanks or let them give you a refund. They are the middle man you paid THEM not Lee Mar. I would suggest having your LFS give you a refund or call it life and move on. Get a refund and have your LFS get there money back from Lee Mar. After 2 shitty tanks I can answer the ultimate question you want answered. YES this is the best they can do. You are letting a fish tank rule your life. This has been going on for months. Stop the bleeding and get a refund. Has your girlfriend left you yet? LoL or had you talk to a shrink? I like you Ser but come on man end this and move on.

I know how it is supposed to work, but it is working out this way too :) Girlfriend hasn't left me...does want me to see a shrink, but for issues unrelated to aquariums!

I think you overpaid for an inferior product. BUT, you did get what you asked for as far as glass used, size, color, etc. Legally, they did deliver what you commissioned them to make for you. Unfortunately your expectations are greater than what the company is able to produce as far as quality.

The glass being off by 1/16" is a non issue. I once had a mirror cut and the guy told me that there is always a 1/8" tolerance. It's almost impossible to cut it perfect. As far as a tank, it's more important that it sits flat on a surface. Scratches are unacceptable though and the company should make good on fixing them by either polishing them out or replacing the glass.

Did you see samples of other tanks and stands they custom-made before you ordered yours?

I saw other examples of their tanks, even drove a couple of hours to look at some in person that a store had in stock (not what I wanted though). Air bubbles in the glass are unacceptable too and the cube has one in the front panel :(

Read back to when i posted measurements of my tank and you will that my glass is exact.Atleast for what can be seen by a measuring tape.I also posted a youtube video link showing how its made.If they plan to make the best tanks out there then they need to use the best options to make the finish product.

Also on sers behalf lee mar is the one who came up with using the method of contacting the customer direct.If they didnt want to deal with him and wanted him to deal with the lfs then they should have never went around the lfs and kept the lfs as the middle man for contact.They also at anytime could have said to stop contacting and deal with the lfs.

^

Lee Mar is not the best, they don't make the best tanks, and they don't charge the most either.

The moment you filled the tank any leverage you had went away.

I am picky and was on your side when this started but you have just become impossibly difficult.

Its simple.

They can't meet your demands so return the friggen tanks. Otherwise your just playing games with them.

The moment you filled the tank any leverage you had went away.

Don't see it that way, had to fill it either way to leak test it. I'll drain it need be, but my compensation will have to increase greatly.

Lee Mar won't give you a dime. Why would they? You will still be unhappy and give there company a bad name. Why not drain it and have your LFS refund you the money? Chances are your LFS hates you to lmao. They see you pull up and say ow jesus here he is again. :)

And my ice cream melted why I typed my first post. I want compensated by you for another peanut buster parfait. 4.35 to be exact. :)

Don't see it that way, had to fill it either way to leak test it. I'll drain it need be, but my compensation will have to increase greatly.

I really am confused this is still going on. Makes it seem like you like it to be honest.

This can be a lot simpler than its being made

1) You ask for a refund since the company could not produce what you wanted or think you deserved. This should be done through your LFS as that is part of being a retailer, you take the risk and responsibility of dealing with manufacturers in exchange for a profit margin, retail business 101.

2) You refuse to let your LFS take a hit, at which point you become responsible for their job, if you take that route you work with Lee Mar and work to get a refund as they could not provide what you wanted.

3) You attempt to sue them for im not sure what? Compensation for a product you don't like, the judge will laugh and make you return the products for a refund then say quit wasting his time.

4) You keep your tanks and accept they are hand made product with some minor flaws and enjoy the beauty of whats inside

5) You continue to post and email people making everyone around you angry and spin your tires more and more.

1 is what actually makes sense, 2 is reasonable, 3 makes you look like a toddler that doesn't understand the world, 4 is a great idea and would end this the soonest, 5 is what is happening and is idiotic and time wasting.

eddiecorrea

Option 2) A 25% refund on my entire Lee Mar order AND a public answer to my question concerning the replacements being the best Lee Mar can produce.

Dude I was with you for a long time until this statement. Now you are just being pathetic. A public answer? Nobody gives a shit! We all agree that the first tanks and stands sucked. The 2nd set is much better and more than acceptable. You are knit picking everything. Did you seriously bitch about 1/8" on a sump baffle?!

Dude I was with you for a long time until this statement. Now you are just being pathetic. A public answer? Nobody gives a shit! We all agree that the first tanks and stands sucked. The 2nd set is much better and more than acceptable. You are knit picking everything. Did you seriously bitch about 1/8" on a sump baffle?!

>_> Public meaning an email or something and not simply a phone call, should have been more specific. Not looking for him to put an ad in the paper or anything. Also really interested in why he refused to answer the question, seems rather simple to me, just a yes or no.

The dimensions on the sump have very low tolerances in order for everything I want to work properly so yes, I did bitch :(

>_> Public meaning an email or something and not simply a phone call, should have been more specific. Not looking for him to put an ad in the paper or anything. Also really interested in why he refused to answer the question, seems rather simple to me, just a yes or no.

The dimensions on the sump have very low tolerances in order for everything I want to work properly so yes, I did bitch :(

Sometimes I do good work, sometimes I do poor work. But I'm not going to publically or privately for that matter declare that something was my very best work when I know somebody else thinks it sucks if I care about my company image. Basically your asking Lee Mar to tell the aquarium community that he manufactures substandard tanks and he isn't going to do that. Not to you and not in a court.

Sometimes I do good work, sometimes I do poor work. But I'm not going to publically or privately for that matter declare that something was my very best work when I know somebody else thinks it sucks if I care about my company image. Basically your asking Lee Mar to tell the aquarium community that he manufactures substandard tanks and he isn't going to do that. Not to you and not in a court.

I'm simply asking him to tell me if what he sent me was what he promised me. I understand what you're saying and why he doesn't want to answer it, but he should be able to tell me if he fulfilled his promise to me or not.

Is that unreasonable on my part?

Is that unreasonable on my part?

Personally I think so but I would have never made that promise. I would have apologize that what I previously made for you wasn't up to your standards and offered you a refund or replacement. If you were not happy with the replacement I would have offered you a refund. Doesn't get any simpler then that.

I'm not going to scroll back through 16 pages but did he document that he was going to send you his best work? Either way it's irrelevant but I am still curious.

Archived