inTank Media Baskets

Anyone with a Lee Mar rimless tank, get in here! Please :(

Seiryoku

Deleted User 4

It was settled out of court at the last minute. She was awarded over 100 grand. But still the stress it caused me for a year really sucked.

Yeah, was she someone you knew of? I had a good friend, known him since I was little and that's where I lost my 1500. Backstabbed. I was stressed as well but definitely wasn't as bad as you....

I don't blame you I am the same way. I paid for a product give me what I paid for it is easy. I don't want to fight or argue in court I want my money back or a nice tank. All I want to do is work and enjoy life. Is that so damn hard?

True. But what if he's stuck with the bad tanks or the loss of 3k?? Should he not take it court still?

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Yes he should take it to court if that is the last option. But I know the kind of person he is just from posting.

Yeah. Hope it works out for the best.

Reefmaster1996
^ Looks really good. I had my local glass shop cut my glass. Threw together the tank in under an hour. Not bad for my first tank. While small it looks good. There are mistakes I made so my next tank will look much better but for my 1st I am happy with it.

Thanks it's my pride and joy as far as tanks go right now.

Just sent this to my LFS...

This email is to serve as my official refusal to accept the Lee Mar tanks and stands I ordered from you in October of 2012. An approximate 50% cash deposit was paid at the time of ordering and the balance paid in cash at the time of pickup. A 50% cash deposit was paid on the stands at the time of ordering (not ordered at the same time as the tanks) and balance paid in cash at the time of pickup (same time as the tanks).

Tank 1

• 24x24x24 cube
  • Starphire front and sides
  • All black silicone
  • Black back
  • Internal trapezoid overflow with two 1” bulkhead and one ¾” bulkhead holes
  • All glass edges “Diamond Edge”

Tank 2

• 36x24x20
  • Starphire front and sides
  • All black silicone
  • Black back
  • Internal trapezoid overflow with two 1” bulkhead and two ¾” bulkhead holes
  • All glass edges “Diamond Edge”

Stand 1

• 24x24x32
  • Lee Mar Atlantis Series
  • Maple with clear finish

Stand 2

• 36x24x32
  • Lee Mar Atlantis Series
  • Maple with clear finish

There are massive quality issues with the 24x24x24 tank.

• Multiple scratches on the glass
  • A large chip in the top edge, towards the back, of the right pane of glass
  • Poor silicone seams that are not smooth or uniform
  • Multiple air bubbles in the silicone seams, potentially affecting seam integrity
  • Visible spacers left between the front and side panes of glass
  • Irregular notch in the internal overflow
  • Corners are not internally square
  • Upper right corner of front pane of glass is noticeably lower than the side pane
  • Highly visible polish/grinding lines on nearly all glass edges
  • Chipping along multiple edges of glass on multiple panes
  • Diamond Edging is not uniform

There are multiple quality issues with the 36x24x20 tank.

• Multiple scratches on the front and both side panes of glass, one on each side pane that is rather deep and damaging to the glass
  • Poor silicone seams that are not smooth or uniform
  • Highly visible polish/grinding lines on nearly all glass edges
  • Multiple air bubbles in the silicone seams, potentially affecting seam integrity
  • Visible spacers left between the front and side panes of glass

The stands are poorly assembled with either gaps between multiple joints or simple wood putter (of a non matching color) filling them, chunks of wood putty in random places and at least one door that isn't properly aligned.

When we first talked about ordering custom tanks we discussed Lee Mar and Visio. Was leaning towards Lee Mar before ever talking with you and defiantly decided on them after our discussion. You told me that most custom tanks you do are through Visio, but since I wanted rimless tanks I should go with Lee Mar, even though they are more expensive, because they make the absolute best rimless tanks around. This all agreed with what I had learned while researching Lee Mar and rimless tanks in general. I can't bring myself to accept any flaws in the tanks or stands given the prices I paid and the fact I paid for one of the top aquarium manufacturers to build them.

At this point I can only hope that either Lee Mar makes this right by standing behind their reputation or you do by standing behind yours. I want the tanks completely replaced and no glass to be reused as it all has either scratches or flaws, as does the overflow in the 24x24x24 tank. None of the listed flaws will be acceptable in any way what so ever. It also needs to be done in a timely manner as I’ve already ordered, paid for and received defective merchandise and have no desire to wait months for replacements. The stands either need to be taken apart and properly reassembled (not simply patched with wood putty) or completely rebuilt.

If Lee Mar can’t meet the above requirements, which should be no problem given their general level of quality and customer service, I expect a prompt full refund as you are ultimately responsible for delivering me what I’ve ordered. I don’t believe my requirements to be unreasonable and based on our last conversation neither do you.

No matter the outcome I sincerely hope you harbor no ill will towards me as I would prefer to continue doing business with you.

Thank You,

Brandon Hodges

• Like 1

Wanted to post a little bit of clarification on this issue.

My LFS has been more than helpful with this problem. He is just as upset and stressed out about this as me, if not more. After all of the issues with the tanks and stands were discovered he immediately contacted Lee Mar. By the time they got back to him it was a Thursday and the people that needed to be talked to were gone and wouldn't be back until Monday (today).

At this point I'm not blaming my LFS for anything as they haven't even heard back from Lee Mar yet! If all goes well...or bad...I still plan on doing regular business with them as he is a great guy.

• Like 1

Spoke to my LFS and Mark Boyd a little bit ago. I've been assured by Mark that everything will be taken care of. He admitted that there were things not up their standards in the tanks and stands. Everything (transport/shipping/what ever else) is to be taken care of by my LFS and or Lee Mar.

That being said, I have some concerns... Mark told me that they have to use the spacers when building their tanks and have been for many years. Talked to him about using black spacers and trying to keep them smaller and of the same size. Also told me he can't guarantee there wont be any air bubbles in the silicone seams, that it is a part of the curing process. A tiny air bubble is one thing, but the air bubbles in my tanks are MASSIVE. He did guarantee me that when the new tanks and stands leave their facility they will be their absolute top quality.

Everyone (my LFS and Lee Mar) want nothing but me to be happy. I genuinely hope that the replacement tanks and stands are of their top quality and do make me happy :) Lee Mar will have the tanks and stands in their possession tomorrow for inspection and Mark is going to call me when he is standing in front of everything to go over the defects.

All I can do at this point is wait, which I'm not good at. But at least at this point everyone is doing their best to resolve everything to my satisfaction!

• Like 1

Wonder if the will move your tanks to the top of the list. Also they need to switch silicone if air bubbles are part of the curing process. I have a 200 dollar mass produced tank with black silicone and NOT 1 air bubble.

• Like 2

Sounded to me like Mark wanted to get my replacements taken care of ASAP, front of the build line I hope.

Mass produced aqueon tanks have no air bubbles... Must be positive though! I'll get two perfect stands and two perfect tanks! Maybe they'll even upgrade me somehow?! Read of them doing that for people in the past when they had troubles with tanks...

Deleted User 4

lolol. Good luck but what if the two new tanks and stands come in not as top notch as you would've expected. Just a what-if scenario..

Hahah sorry but I like to test out negativity, unexpectantly outcomes.

Also, congrats again on getting newly rebuilt tanks/stands :)

Glad it all worked out positively.

I'm assuming the tanks will be rebuilt since the overflow in one is no good and there are scratches/small edge chips all over them. Mark said my replacements would be scratch free, hence they can't reuse most of the glass which equals new materials.

He is going to have them at their main facility tomorrow evening and he'll look them over Wednesday morning and call me. As Mark put it, "The ball is rolling". I obviously don't yet consider this resolved, but it is moving in the right direction.

Funny thing though, someone on socalireefs specifically asked me... "Seiryoku - How do you feel this thread has affected the treatment you are getting from Leemar if at all? Having gone through this experience would you buy from them again? Regardless, please keep us posted."

Holding off on answering question like that until everything is fully resolved.

• Like 1
TeflonTomDosh

I personally think you should of waited until voicing your concerns with them and waiting on a reply before posting all over the internet how crappy their tanks are. Fact is, anyone who was on the fence about buying one of these tanks, now probably won't. All this talk of getting the run around when in your 1st page spoke of you dealing with the guy @ your LFS. His reply was that Lee Mar would be back Monday & address the issue then, which they did. But hey, each to their own.

I personally think you should of waited until voicing your concerns with them and waiting on a reply before posting all over the internet how crappy their tanks are. Fact is, anyone who was on the fence about buying one of these tanks, now probably won't. All this talk of getting the run around when in your 1st page spoke of you dealing with the guy @ your LFS. His reply was that Lee Mar would be back Monday & address the issue then, which they did. But hey, each to their own.

Don't think what I did was bad or wrong in any way. Never claimed I was getting the run around either, that I can recall, but I'm sure if I did someone will quote me.

The main reason I posted about it before hearing back from them was because I was told Brian, their master tank build/shop foreman, told my LFS that he personally inspected the tanks before they went out and had no problems. My threads weren't intended to bash Lee Mar, but to put my experience with them, as it evolved, out there for all to see. Not trying to be malicious about this...

You only ever hear good things about Lee Mar, but that doesn't mean bad things happen. It all depends on how they take care of the problems.

• Like 1
TeflonTomDosh

and I quote you

Paid cash :(

This is literlally making me sick to my stomach. I have a lot of money in the two tanks and stands and it seems like Lee Mar is going to try and stick me with four bad products...

You're entitled to feel any way you want to feel about it, and thanks to the internet post wherever you want to post about it as well. It's only my opinion that your review should of waited until the situation evolved and you found out exactly what they were going to do, if anything. Again, "seems like Lee Mar is going to stick me with four bad products". If that's not bashing, I don't know what is.

That's what these forums are all about... you post your experiences, good or bad. Too bad for Lee Mar they sent out a sh#t tank and got called out. Who's to say Lee Mar or the LFS didn't read his threads and decided they had to make it right? Easy for tdosh to say wait on posting... his 3K wasn't on the line.

• Like 4

That's what these forums are all about... you post your experiences, good or bad. Too bad for Lee Mar they sent out a sh#t tank and got called out. Who's to say Lee Mar or the LFS didn't read his threads and decided they had to make it right? Easy for tdosh to say wait on posting... his 3K wasn't on the line.

Thank you :)

• Like 1
TeflonTomDosh

I agree. The experience wasn't over yet so to me the posts were a bit premature.

Don't really care to argue with as we are all entitles to our opinions. But (isn't there always a but?), why does it matter if I post about it as it happens versus waiting until it is all said and done? If anything I think posting about things as they happen keep whoever is posting it honest about the experience.

• Like 1
TeflonTomDosh

Don't really care to argue with as we are all entitles to our opinions. But (isn't there always a but?), why does it matter if I post about it as it happens versus waiting until it is all said and done? If anything I think posting about things as they happen keep whoever is posting it honest about the experience.

Not so much an argument as it is a statement of opinion. Consider if it was YOUR business and the potential LOST customers due to someone's premature posting about their experience. Fact remains, the tank was mfr'd by Lee Mar and not once had you spoke to ANYONE there before making this post, so you had no idea on what the outcome was going to be. I can't say for sure whether it affected their chances of adding a new customer or not but I'd be willing to bet that if anyone that read this was looking to buy a tank from them prior to reading this they would re-consider.

Not so much an argument as it is a statement of opinion. Consider if it was YOUR business and the potential LOST customers due to someone's premature posting about their experience. Fact remains, the tank was mfr'd by Lee Mar and not once had you spoke to ANYONE there before making this post, so you had no idea on what the outcome was going to be. I can't say for sure whether it affected their chances of adding a new customer or not but I'd be willing to bet that if anyone that read this was looking to buy a tank from them prior to reading this they would re-consider.

How is this my problem in any way what so ever? They are the ones that, admittedly, sent out bad products! If they are concerned about their reputation and losing possible customers they should have better quality control at their facility.

If it were MY business bad products would have never been sent out and I wouldn't have to worry about losing customers...

• Like 3

The tanks and stands were crap. They shouldn't have left the factory that way if they were a $59 fluval edge, much less $3,000 custom tanks and stands. It wasn't shipping damage, it was crappy craftsmanship. Even if the tanks and stands come back pristine, the fact is that it was a shoddy experience that should have never happened. Whether the OP posted now or in two weeks, I doubt would make a difference.

Thank you :)

• Like 2

Stoked you got a decent resolution so far. Its gonna work out. OBD ever gt back to you?

Archived