inTank Media Baskets

Anyone with a Lee Mar rimless tank, get in here! Please :(

Seiryoku

I know I paid a lot (too much if you'd like), but I did it to get the best..Lee Mar perfection...

If I end up with a refund I'll be contacting multiple tanks builders for quotes...again...

Ya. I guess this just isn't the first time I have heard of them messing up a tank. Shoot OBD an email while waiting. They will probably get you a quote in the next few hours so atleast you know what to possibly do.

I'd be worried that if you do get replacement tanks that if you have issues with leaks or whatnot they aren't going to honor it.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was me I would push for a refund. You are the type of person who wants perfection which you deserve with those prices. I would highly doubt with ALL those flaws they can make a tank without any flaws. I see the writing on the wall they will make new tanks and stands with less flaws you will be unhappy and live with it. Try for a refund and go with a different vendor.

• Like 1

You seem to really like that OBD place o_o

haha. I've seen Lee Mar tanks, Elos, PicO tanks, Glass Cages, IM, CAD and a few other custom tanks. OBD has the nicest tanks I have ever seen in my life. Seems are flawless, cuts are amazing, grinding and polish are spot on. I think they look nicer than Elos and Lee Mar tanks. I've never really been impressed with Lee Mar. They are all made by one guy in the store he just opened. He will be making my tank in a few months.

You seem to really like that OBD place o_o
Not to be on Eddie's jock because Teflon is already on it but he has gave me to reviews on equipment that I am very happy with. Worth a shot give them a call and get a quote. Ask to see 10-15 tanks they made. Start a thread on the local reef forum and ask about the company.

haha. I've seen Lee Mar tanks, Elos, PicO tanks, Glass Cages, IM, CAD and a few other custom tanks. OBD has the nicest tanks I have ever seen in my life. Seems are flawless, cuts are amazing, grinding and polish are spot on. I think they look nicer than Elos and Lee Mar tanks. I've never really been impressed with Lee Mar. They are all made by one guy in the store he just opened. He will be making my tank in a few months.
I wanna see some of these tanks Elos makes a sexy mfing tank.

That large display is a very nice tank.

It is amazing in person. That is the size they are making me but it will only be 10 inches tall.

If it was me I would push for a refund. You are the type of person who wants perfection which you deserve with those prices. I would highly doubt with ALL those flaws they can make a tank without any flaws. I see the writing on the wall they will make new tanks and stands with less flaws you will be unhappy and live with it. Try for a refund and go with a different vendor.

And they say it can be difficult to judge people on the internet. You seem to know me so well >_<

• Like 1

I recently ordered a LeeMar rimless. I feel that for all the hype, the quality is good, nut not outstanding. There are some small issues with my tank. Overall, I am happy with it. I hope you get this resolved soon.

Can you see the spacers they used? (at the very top of the front pane)

Hopefully not. I've never seen a company leave the spacers in.

Hopefully not. I've never seen a company leave the spacers in.

Did you see the pictures of my tank...with them still in? lol

Did you see the pictures of my tank...with them still in? lol

Ya. haha. I guess I've never seen them until I saw your pics. Your pictures had alot of firsts for me. haha

Ya. haha. I guess I've never seen them until I saw your pics. Your pictures had alot of firsts for me. haha

Yay me, I get to be your first multiple times! :-p

• Like 2
Reefmaster1996

Yeah I would ask for your money back. I saw the oceans tanks and they look up to par with what I would expect for the kind of money you spent with Lee mar. I built my one tank for the first time and I must say it came out really nice. I've never built a tank before, and I didn't even make the half a$$ mistakes le mar did if your into DIY like me, I might even consider making my own take. I ordered glass sheets from glass cages and built a 30x30x14 with 3/8 glass shallow rimless cube tank with 197$. That's a deal in my book, plus the quality of the glass cuts and polishing was astonishingly good and economical. Take a look for your self.http://s1323.beta.photobucket.com/user/Reefmaster1996/media/80%20gallon%20system%20build/image-13_zps4c4527ec.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

^ Looks really good. I had my local glass shop cut my glass. Threw together the tank in under an hour. Not bad for my first tank. While small it looks good. There are mistakes I made so my next tank will look much better but for my 1st I am happy with it.

I've been looking for a while now and can't find ANY tank builders that use VISIBLE spacers. Either the builder is skilled enough to know how much silicone to lay or they first add silicone "bumps", and let them cure of course, to serve as spacers. Others use them in a way, not sure how, that makes them invisible.

Also, a lot of smart sounding people said that using acrylic spacers (which is what it appears Lee Mar used on my tanks) can be very bad and be a point of load (think that is what I read). Acrylic wont give at all with the rest of the silicone seam and could cause a failure.

Why would Lee Mar use acrylic spacers?!

Archived