SaltCritters.com

Nano-Reef.com Community Upgrade!

Christopher Marks

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to throw in my thanks, Chris!!! You've put in a ton of time with this update. There are more things I like about it, than don't like. It just takes a little time to get used to something new.

Christopher, previously I would only get one notification email when users have replied to a thread I've subscribed in until I visited the board again. I just got 20 emails for every reply to this thread even though I haven't been back to the board. How can I change this so I only get one immediately notification email and no more emails for that specific thread until I visit the board again?

Also, can you put the topic link in the email at the top of the notification email so that I don't have to scroll down in my email?

example:

I have to scroll down to get to this link in my email using Outlook. Just personal preference but when I design I try and set things up so that the user has to do as little as possible to access the content they are looking for.

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Christopher, previously I would only get one notification email when users have replied to a thread I've subscribed in until I visited the board again. I just got 20 emails for every reply to this thread even though I haven't been back to the board. How can I change this so I only get one immediately notification email and no more emails for that specific thread until I visit the board again?

Check your notification settings here: http://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notificationlog

I wish the background color tied all the way to the bottom. Right now it looks like the posts are just out there.

Major flaw IMO.

• Like 2

Thanks for the ignore feature! Signature's and members is a bonus! The new tracking options!

So many options to get through, personally I love it! Already feel quite adjusted and love the thought of all the new features I haven't found yet!

Thanks Again Chris

Sure but I'm used to seeing a settling like: "Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply." I don't see that unless I'm missing something.

What I want is to receive one email (per thread) for the first unread reply until I visit the board again. This is how I previously had it setup and use on all boards I visit.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Sure but I'm used to seeing a settling like: "Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply." I don't see that unless I'm missing something.

What I want is to receive one email (per thread) for the first unread reply until I visit the board again. This is how I previously had it setup and use on all boards I visit.

This. I changed the settings to each one in the little drop-down list and I'm still getting an email for every single reply.

• Like 1

I have a question. All the pages are centered on my screen with the exception of the forums, which are on the left margin. Is there a way for me to fix this? Just appears kind of odd with the giant blank area on the right side of my screen.

Here's a flaw. I can not change my post text color in IE 10 on Windows 8. Not normally a big deal but I discovered this when trying re-setup my signature. I prefer to use a text link, not some giant annoying animated graphic that others use. I had to use Chrome to change my signature text color.

Major flaw IMO.

Perhaps Christopher will reconsider the gradient and expand the grey background over the whole page. The site is way too bright in my opinion and hard on my eyes.

Perhaps Christopher will reconsider the gradient and expand the grey background over the whole page. The site is way too bright in my opinion and hard on my eyes.

I have to agree with you on that one.

• Like 2

I have a question. All the pages are centered on my screen with the exception of the forums, which are on the left margin. Is there a way for me to fix this? Just appears kind of odd with the giant blank area on the right side of my screen.

OK did you fix it or did it fix itself?? :P

Yes please!

• Like 1

The site is way too bright in my opinion and hard on my eyes.

Not to pick, but to make it less intense, the black, bold, unread topics are a little in your face. Maybe the unread topics can be just black (and not bold), and turn grey when read. Just a thought.

I know the work something like this requires and I appreciate the effort you have put into it already, and the effort that you continue to make. Keep up the good work. And get some rest! :)

Archived